“I Have a Weird Feeling about this Place” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Doral
“I Have a Weird Feeling about this Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I spent 2 night at this hotel and have a weird I Don't Know about this Place Feeling. Upon checking I found the man behind the desk to be very plane and unsure of himself. It wasnt a warm feeling like in used too. My business partner is a platinum elite with lifetime platinum status and some how they only had him for 1 night in the system when the confirmation email showed 3 nights. This guy didn't know what to do and needed to speak with his manager to extend the stay the extra 2 nights. I took the elevator to the 3rd floor and exited to a weird odor. I went to my room and found it to be clean and presentable. The bed was very comfortable and i got a great nights sleep. Breakfast left something to be desired so i ate out every morning. I requested a late check out anf was told i could stay until 1:30 but they deactivated my keys well before that. So overall my initial checkin was flat. There was a weird odor that i cannot describe. The breakfast offers half of what there sister properties do. The women at the counter did do a great job helping me and was very pleasant. I did get a great nights sleep and the room eas very clean. The gym was super tiny. Overall i rare this hotel a 3 because it is clean and a good nights sleep but its missing some things that make it a comfortable place that i can recommend. For the money spent i have to say go some where else because i have a weird feeling about th e place.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Debbie M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear jamesdean29,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Feedback from our guest are very important to us. While I am happy to hear that your room was clean and comfortable, I am deeply sorry to hear that your check in experience was not as pleasurable. Sincere feedback such as yours fosters improvement for future stays. For this reason, if your travels should bring you back to Miami, I hope you would give us another chance.

Warmest regards,

Debbie Meiler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

We stayed at this hotel this past December for the 3rd year in a row. The hotel is conveniently located as its near family and friends.

There is nothing special about this hotel, however it does the job and the people are really nice. Don't count on having breakfast there as the breakfast room is extremely small and we have almost never been able to use it.

We pay with Marriott points which is a deal, if paying full rate you may find better deals around.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

Recently stayed at Towneplace Suites Miami, Doral. Had an excellent stay and the staff were fantastic. On arrival, though late, I was warmly welcomed by the front desk staff. Rooms were clean and quiet, beds were comfortable and each suite is fitted with stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher etc. There is also a laundry for those who want to get some washing done and continental breakfast is available to get your day started. Did I mention that the staff were fantastic...just had to say it again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Tacoma, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

The name of the hotel is misleading. I thought I was going to an airport hotel that catered to overnight "before flight" clients. this was a residential suites/business suites type hotel in a warehouse district. The hotel is rundown, the pool was freezing, the "dining room" was horrid and the rooms were good sized, clean and comfortable with kitchenettes. They only have one queen sized bed, and a "poor fellow" fold down sofa. Not good. Basically the hotel is just run down.
The customer service was fine and friendly.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Debbie M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, January 6, 2015
Dear WillisBay Trading,

Thank you for your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West/Doral Area.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology.
Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Miami.

Debbie Meiler
TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West
tps.miata.gm@marriott.com
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

I have been traveling for well over 20 years on business and pleasure, I stay at quite a range of hotels both in price and quality. I made a mistake when I booked at this hotel, I was just not aware of it at the time.

Where to start, I guess the first thing I noticed was the awful smell, someone or something was in the room previously and cooked "something". I asked for the front desk to fumigate the room {or even frebreeze it} and three days later it still smells bad. Which leads me to my next statement of next to no customer service, the room staff are ok, but the front desk staff could care less when I booked in and their response to the smell and another request (covered below) leaves much to be desired.

I like the touch of the small ants in the kitchenette {asked for them to be sprayed also, nothing}. But i think the best touch was the dead roaches in the middle of the kitchenette floor, Makes me really want to eat here and spend time here.

This hotel is definitely on the wrong end of the Mariott quality scale. Hopefully Marriott will come in and remove their name from the door because this is hurting their reputation, and since I spend 200 nights a year at hotels {platinum at Mariott and Diamond at Hilton} I will now have a second thought when I go to make a reservation at a Towneplace Suites.

Room Tip: To find a good room, stay at another hotel
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

After a long trip and flight delays, I arrived late at night. I had to drive around to find an open parking space as many were coned off with mattresses stacked in the parking lot. Went to the front desk and three people were standing there. No one greeted me. Finally one gentleman held out his had and asked for my credit card. As a platinum member, however, I did receive a care package with water and cookies! After about a ten minute check in process (with hardly any spoken words to me), I received my keys and went to my room. The elevator was very dirty. The entire hallway smelled really musty, as did my room. They "upgraded" me to a one-bedroom suite. The room smell was awful (again, very very musty). The couch had dirt all over it, candy pieces between the cushions (visible from the surface). The shower & bathroom sink hardware was rusted. The bed, however, was very comfortable. I had requested extra pillows--I had a total of three pillows in the entire room. The carpet was very dirty as if it hadn't been vacuumed in quite some time. The desk area, however, was very spacious. The walls are very thin between the rooms. Not the fault of the hotel, but it was very noisy at midnight as people were running up & down the hallway screaming. The air conditioning units are temperature controlled but below-the-window units which are noisy and blow more air into the curtains than anywhere else. They do take security seriously having to use your key to get from the main desk to the hallways with the rooms. The breakfast area was very small. Food choices very minimal. I have stayed at Town Place Suites in other areas before and found the breakfast much more fulfilling in terms of choices. I checked out after one night and switched to a different property. I just couldn't get over the lack of cleanliness in the hotel as well as the overall awful smell.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

If you need to stay in this area, TownePlace Suites is not a bad option. I've seen previous reviews indicating that guests have had issues with the staff. I can say that during my three-day stay, I had nothing but positive experiences with the staff. I checked in late and was greeted by a friendly front-desk clerk who checked me in efficiently and let me rest after a long trip to the area. From the front-desk crew to the house-keeping staff, everyone that I met was eager to please. The house-keeping staff seemed especially eager to make my stay as comfortable as possible while giving me the privacy that I wanted. I cannot imagine the balance that they strike with countless guests with different desires and often without the willingness to politely communicate those desires. So, from a staff perspective, I have nothing negative to say.

The property is somewhat un-Marriott. You can see from the outside that it is a cookie-cutter side-of-the road property that isn't meant to be luxurious but rather a value option. However, some of the corners cut were a bit disappointing. Yes, the pool seemed nice (I didn't have a chance to swim). The rooms were good in that they were true suites - at least my room was. There were two bedrooms, each with television, dresser and closet. My room had a full size bed in one room and a queen in the other. The full room was pretty tight - barely enough room for everything in it. In fact, I had to move the bed a bit just to shut the door. But, it completely suited my purposes and was quite comfortable and MOST IMPORTANT for me - CLEAN! The fixtures were kind of "off." The large table in the common room was wobbly. The painters had dripped and gone outside of the lines. The towel hooks were crooked and paint-splattered. But, the lamps and furniture was an attempt at contemporary on the cheap.

In the end, who really cared if it was on the cheap. This was a clean and comfortable hotel with a friendly and efficient staff. So yes, if you have the need to stay in something more sumptuous, there is an Aloft (W/Hotels) just down the street. But, for the price, TownePlace is a very good option.

Room Tip: There is no elevator if that matters. For sound issues, I would recommend a room away from the pool...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area? Share your experiences!