“Home away from home- Miami” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Doral
London, Canada
“Home away from home- Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

Our family stayed here over the Xmas holidays in 2008 for 6 nights.

We chose this location for its value for the Miami Area. Located about 10 mins from the Miami Airport a few grocery stores are near by such as Publix and Winn Dixie(NW41st/Doral Blvd). Close by (driving distance) restaurants are Applebee's, Pollo Tropical, Tony Romas (NW87th Ave) , Red Losbter, Pizza hut ect.. A very small plaza is located next door has limited choices in retail/shopping.

Amenities
BBQ for guest to use. Ample parking available on site. Also, small pool with limited chairs. Laudromat in lobby area available $1 per load of wash or dry- Dispensing ($) machine for laundry soap in laundry room).
Also, a computer with internet was available to all guest at n/c if you needed to quickly print out your boarding pass, check your e-mail, the weather or touch base with home for a while. This was very valuable and useful to us.

Accomodations
We had 2 Bedroom unit on the first floor, each BDR with one queen bed and TV. Although the unit was not as large as other 2 BR condo-hotel we stayed at before, it was very comfortable. 2 BR and 1 Sofa bed in the living room fitted our family (4 adults and one teen) needs just fine.

In room Kitchen/Dining room
Small kitchen with basic pots and pans did the trick.
Had a dishwasher, large fridge, stove and microwave . Had to ask front desk regularly to provide dishwasher soap to us. They obliged with every request we had. Lobby has continental breakfast n/c every day, fresh fruits (banana/apple), juices, muffins, granola bars ect. The dining table only had 2 chairs-my only pet peeve of this hotel.

Also, note that housekeeping was not offered on a daily basis. They had 2 partial cleaning (providing fresh towels) and one full cleaning during our stay. If you are looking for full service cleaning- I suggest staying at the Marriott's Villas at Doral.

Overall, this hotel has a very nice outside apperance and landscape and is very is well maintained. Equally comfortable inside, I think this hotel makes it a great value for the Miami Area stay for families. It is a little far from the beaches about 15-20 mins drive but much worth the extra drive for the value it provides.

It's a good choice for people and families who wants to save on fancy hotels and want to cook some of their meals without spending a fortune.

• Liked — Value, comfort, home away from home at reasonable price -Could bring pets
  • Disliked — Dining table only had 2 chairs
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hackettstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

This hotel is decidedly for longer stays and everything is very apartment-like rather than hotel-like. For example, there is no actual "front desk" in the traditional sense - you walk in to an office and check in. It also does not have a restaurant.
Each room has a kitchen with full size fridge, stove, dish washer, microwave oven, dishes, pots and pans etc. The bathroom is very nice and homey with wooden floor. Rooms were very clean and furniture and bed in excellent condition. The TV is old style CRT. A/C works well. Breakfast is really not available, you can pick up a couple of boxes of cornflakes and a milk if you like (free). There are tons of restaurants in the neighborhood where good breakfasts can be had. The hotel is excellent value for the money.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable, good location.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Raleigh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

This suite hotel was mediocre compared to competitors. We got a 2-bedroom suite and found that the suite could be more spacious in every way. Both bedrooms, closets, bathroom, living room and kitchen were pretty small.

The hotel was clean, but furniture/beds were just ok. Complimentary breakfast was a joke, they just had some pastries in a basket at the lobby, with a coffee machine nearby.

Service at the lobby was slow. Self-service laundromat was typical for the 'hood.

The hotel location is out of the way on the western end of Miami. Not much to do as it's located in an industrial area. There are some restaurants nearby, but nothing to brag about.

This hotel is ok for a place to crash when traveling on a budget. There are better values to be found in Miami though.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Yakima Valley, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

Stayed one night after cruise. A little hard to find. Very friendly staff. We arrived early and the studio room we had booked was not ready, but she upgraded us to a one bedroom suite at no extra charge. Although some of the furnishings were a little worn looking, everything was clean. Very comfortable bed. Had everything that we needed.

• Liked — proximity to airport
  • Disliked — a little hard to find
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Toronto,Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2006

It was OK because it had what was most important for us: cleanliness. We did not cook much, but there was everything you need in the suite.
The breakfast was minimal(pastries wrapped in plastic, muffins, granola bars, bananas, apples, juice and coffee)
The pool is small, but usable.
The hotel is located in an industrial area and there is some noise in the morning from a construction nearby. During the night, there is no noise from the airport.
We loved the fact that this is one of the few hotels where we could open the windows and get fresh air during the night, rather than use air conditioning.
The staff is nice and try to please. Although they have "limited linen service", you can get anything you want.
We would definitely return here if we had to stay in Miami again.

• Stayed April 2006
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2006

I recently finished a 12 night stay at the Towneplace Suites. I was in Miami for business and was not interested nor had the time for even thinking of leisure activities. The bottom line is that it got the job done at a very competitive price. Yes, there is limited housekeeping, but I knew that in advance and wasn't a problem for me. Heck, I normally cancel houskeeeping when I stay in full service hotels - so this was no big deal. The kitchen appliances are pretty cheap, but then I'm not living there. The room shows some wear and tear and when housekeeping does show up, they don't do the best job. I found credit card receipts and various types of hair in dresser drawers when I checked into the room. The complimentary breakfast is fine, if you like opening cellophane wrapped pastries. It's free though, so I won't knock it. I never ate it, but it's there. I guess for me since I was there on business, I wasn't looking for anything more than this place offered. To be there on vacation would be a bit depressing. The surrounding area is light industrial. My room overlooked a loading dock of a warehouse. I was surprised that it was pretty quiet in the evenings. The only problem I did have was people hanging out at the swimming pool late at night (midnight). That happened a couple of nights I was there. You are under the flight path for planes in/outbound from MIA, but at least it's not too bad after 10 pm or so. I can't say I felt great about staying there. I like to be pampered a bit - even if I"m there for business. This is the anti-pamper hotel. But again, it delivered what I wanted and I had a rate of $139 for a double bedroom.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2005

Went back to this hotel for an even longer stay. June 1 thru June 18. As per usual, everything was fine..cleaning staff is friendly and efficient and the front office staff is great, Donna Gallant and Hector Soto head up a great team of caring individuals who not only remember you, but treat you like family. One small observation is that no one could tell me me about the bus schedule to Dolphin Mall which is right down the street. Turns out the bus runs every hour or so from practically right in front of the hotel! One tip..if for any reason you don't have you laptop or internet is down..head over to the Best Western right behind the hotel, they are super nice and will allow you to check your mail for free in their business centre.

I would not hesitate to use this hotel again..in fact once my business takes me to Miami I will definitely call this hotel "home".

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area? Share your experiences!