“Good choice by MIA” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Doral
New York City, New York
“Good choice by MIA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I would put everything as above average at this hotel - the staff was lovely, the facilities were better than the price I paid for the room; the only issue is it was a little farther from the airport than other hotels, but it was also a better deal so it's all a balance. I stayed when many people were stranded and the staff was positive and helpful. The room was big with a huge flatscreen TV, and I can see it being good for families because there is a wet bar and a little half-wall dividing the living and sleeping spaces.

The only negative was my grab-and-go salad. It had brown lettuce leaves and was below average (toppings were mushy). However, I also picked a grab-and-go salad at 10pm, so this might evidence bad decision making on my part! My glass of wine was generous and much-needed.

Room Tip: Top floor is quiet for sleeping, but the elevator gets slow when the hotel is full, so pick your poi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We love staying at Hyatt Place. The rooms are large and clean. We have never had any problems with staff. With 2 adults and 4 children, the Hyatt place is perfect. The food in the Galley was perfect. There was something for everyone in our party. The guest that are complaining about food and room size don't realize what a great deal they are getting for the money. If you are expecting a quiet relaxing FREE breakfast, you are not realistic. At certain times of the morning it will be packed, other times few people. Most are grabbing a bite before catching a plane or ship. Our Galley Manager, Lianne, was so nice and helpful. One morning the Galley was full and she was helping us get a table. An Asian couple was sitting at a table for 6. Lianne asked if we could sit with them and the wife said yes. After our children sat down, he went on a rampage at Lianne. She apologized and he kept on and on. I told him in America, we are polite and I wouldn't eat with him for anything and we got up. If you are like him and expect to take up a large table and sit for hours, then you need to pay $400 plus for a room that doesn't have free breakfast so you can order from a menu and pay an extra $25 for egg, toast, and coffee. He was arrogant and ignorant. We have stayed at Hyatt Place in SC, NC, GA, and many many times in Florida. This Hyatt Place was perfect.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sao Sebastiao do Paraiso, MG
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel is quite good. The room is big, clean and well equiped. The bathroom should be a little big bigger in my opinion. The front desk should have more people working as it's impossible to get there without entering a line. The breakfast is simple and common, however, there's only a few places to sit, and when the hotel is busy you have to wait around 10 minutes for a table. The hotel is in a really quiet neighbourhood, actually, you don't see anyone in the streets. There's a Burger King right aside the hotel.

My only issue is that I had two packages sent to the hotel which arrived later. I tried tons of contacts with someone from the hotel over facebook, emails but it seems nobody wants to reply. Specially because I knew these packages would arrive later and asked the front desk to deny them so they would return to the sender. Now the packages are stuck there, I'm in Brazil, and will probably waste around 350 usd.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mavianque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

The room was well kept and staff were good. Breakfast was good too, just remember to go early. Free shuttle to miami international mall is good and prompt. Shuttle to dolphin mall has a small cost attached. Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed December 2013
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was a wonderful hotel that myself and guest used for my wedding. The rooms are spacious and modern and there was plently of room to get ready. A bonus was there was ashuttle to pick up guest from the airport. The breakfast was good and the hotel was clean and maintained nicely.. The only con is the location.. it is located in a business district so if you dont have a car there is not a lot of activities that a tourist could participate in. There are lots of restaurants around but not much activities but it is close to Dolphin Mall and I feel that there is a shuttle that will take you to the mall. But it was close to the 826 which was great for my guest and myself. I would visit this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Punta Gorda, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The rooms are great, but our first night was much cleaner than the second, and the deadbolt would not lock on our second trip. We were able to leave our car during our flight/cruise, but on return we were left standing for an hour waiting for a shuttle which we were told would be there in 20 minutes (this was @ 9:30 P.M. after we had been up since 4 A.M.; and we are both senior citizens). The driver and desk attendant each denied responsibility, but we had both of our phone call times logged on our cell phone. In addition the front desk was very disorganized, with hotel personnel standing around and chatting in a very unprofessional manner. Chances are very good that we will find another place to stay when we repeat our trips from Miami.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

it is a good hotel to stay for the night, close to the airport, I had trouble getting there with the rental car due to its a bit confusing location, still within its Hyatt standards, very comfy rooms and relaxing the wall are bit weak and can hear everything going on in the hallways even the rooms next to mine, the walls can be a bit thicker. It is a good passing through location, breakfast is included in the rate but nothing extraordinary, indeed I eat very healthy so my options were very limited, still is free so can not complain.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank VictoriaD2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
Hyatt Place Miami Airport East
HYATT house Miami Airport
InterContinental at Doral Miami
Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral/Dolphin Mall
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

Been to Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral? Share your experiences!