“Close to Miami International Airport” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Close to Miami International Airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at this Hyatt Place for 2 nights to visit Miami as this hotel is much cheaper than the hotels at South Beach although it is 15 miles away.

The reception staff was friendly and I was assigned to a room on the 3rd floor. I have stayed in a Hyatt Place at Fort Lauderdale just over a week ago and the room layout are identical. Upon opening the door to the room, there is a strange aroma from inside. The first impression of the room wasn't good and upon examining the bathroom I found the toilet seat to be broken. I went down to reception to request a second room and explained the issue and was re-assigned to another room on the 4th floor. The strange aroma although not as strong as the first room also exists in this new room but it was barely acceptable.

The room consists of a large bed, 42 inch TV, sofa, refrigerator, desk, office chair, coffee maker, iron, ironing board and air conditioning. The wash basin is located outside the bathroom and complimentary toiletries are provided. Free wifi is available throughout the hotel but there is no in-room safe available.

There is ample free parking available on site. Complimentary shuttle to the airport is provided. There is a swimming pool, fitness centre and self laundry. The washer and dryer cost $2 each and only accept quarters.

Complimentary hot breakfast buffet are provided in the small restaurant next to reception and seating is limited in the lobby. For breakfast, there is no sausages, bacons, eggs, baked beans etc that you would expect from a hotel breakfast but instead there are items that I can only described as similar to a McDonald's McMuffin with bacon or egg sandwiched. There are the usual tea, coffee, cereals, fruit etc provided.

Currently building work is being carried out to all floors at the elevators lobby area so expect some disruption and noise. The hotel is also located adjacent to the final approach into Miami International Airport so expect some plane spotting and the eventual engine noises.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of the hotel and I apologize for the odor you encountered. I will have engineering check the source of the smell. it might have been due to the renovations that were occurring in the hallways. Those have been completed. we hope to be of service to you again sometime in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Seminole
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

You can spend one night there and leave your car there for 2 weeks plus includes shuttle to port. Decent breakfast included plus nice size room. Shuttle back to hotel not included but available. Nice not to have to drive in the traffic and construction near the port.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope your enjoyed your stay and the cruise! If your plans include Miami again in the future, we hope to see you again.
Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

A pleasant three-star hotel, with large rooms, large TV with many channels. Bed large and comfortable, in the antechamber is also a large sofa and a small kitchen.
Unfortunately, too little room for breakfast, the dining room is very small, so sitting in the reception and lobby. Sometimes unpleasant smells in the hallway and in some rooms.
Provides for parking, parking is enough. Pool small but nice, with chairs and tables. The surrounding area has quite a few restaurants to fast food to which you can go on foot, by car by countless more, including Dolphins Mall, which is located approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Even the airport is quite close. In this hotel I have been twice and will definitely be back. It should be noted that this is not a five star hotel for three is completely solid.

Room Tip: Not near the elevators, it works pretty loud.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review of the hotel. We are pleased that you continue choose us when you stay in Miami. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've stayed at plenty of Hyatt Place locations across the country but this one should be ashamed to call itself a Hyatt Place. The lobby is nice and clean and that's about it. The hallways on the upper floors looked run down and had holes in them as if someone had kicked the walls. Some of the rooms had an awful smell in them. The bath tub had paint peeling off of it, the shower head was coming out of the wall and there was rust inside of the tub.This place needs to be renovated A.S.A.P. and the entire management staff needs to be fired for letting this place go to the dumps.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. I have shown your comments to our Chief Engineer and he is working on the items you noted. Again, I apologize for your inconveniences and hope that you will try us again as your room is not typical of what we have to offer.
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Well the staff was great, they even gave me a discount on mine and my family's 1st night due to them not having the right room that I had booked the week before arriving. I would really rate them a 3 1/2 out of a 5, not bad at all except for a few gripes I listed below.

We stayed there close to the end of July '13 for 5 nights. We were visiting from Texas. The building is older but is well kept and clean, and the rooms are spacious.

My only issues were that they said the free breakfast starts 6-10 a.m daily, however they usually start putting away the breakfast stuff around 9:30 a.m or so daily. So if you arrive say at 9:45 a.m you might not have any breakfast to choose from that day. Also, the plates and glasses always seemed to have food particles stuck on them(the so called clean dishes/bowls).I noticed this and started bringing my own plastic plates and cereal bowls after the 2nd day there. The air condition system appears old, and a bit hard to use but it cool very good(if you like being cold and under the blankets at night) once you set your desired room temperature.

I loved the staff, they were very friend, and helpful. I kinda did not want to leave the last day I was there, Overall I enjoyed it. South beach is only about 25 or 30 minutes away. There is also a Burger King, Boston Market and a Carinos Italian Grill very closed or practically touching the hotel below, all within a 30 seconds to 1 minute walk, which made those 3 restaurant very easy to get to at anytime.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I wish to apologize for the misinformation you were given. Our breakfast hours are from 6-9:30 Am on weekdays and ends at 10:00AM on weekends. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Amsterdam, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed two nights while attending a conference at FIU. When I arrived, the lobby was packed with a large group who had apparently just arrived on the shuttle from the airport. I was worried that check in would take a while, but it seems that group was all together, so I was really second in line. The friendly clerk got me checked in quickly. The room was nice - much larger than what I usually get for my personal travel. My only (minor) complaint about the layout is that the television is not visible from the desk area. A larger complaint was the slow Internet service. It was reliable but perhaps overloaded. In the morning, I enjoyed one of the nicest complimentary breakfasts I've seen. In my experience, hotels such as this charge extra for breakfast. The second night, however, is when things became more noisy. I tried to get to bed early as I had to be at the conference early in the morning, but apparently a group ready to party was in my end of the hotel. Loud talking in the halls, laughing, and slamming doors kept me up far later than I wanted. In the morning, two luggage carts were right outside the door, apparently, after being used for rides up and down the hallway in the early morning hours. I recommend that this hotel establish and enforce quiet hours, or at least place large party groups in an area of the hotel separate from the business travelers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We thank you for your review of the hotel and we apologize that you experienced an unacceptable level of noise during your stay. We strive to make each guest's stay as comfortable as possible. Please always make the desk aware so we can monitor and prevent our guests from being disturbed.
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed full week in this hotel during my business trip. It´s not the level of hotel that I am usually used but value for money was good. Hotel location is convenient, car is a must if you want to get anywhere around. Lot of offices are around as well Shopping Malls are just few minutes drive. Room was comfortable, air acconditioning functional. It was not newest hotel but room conditions were still acceptable and in good shape. Breakfast was very limited, often no vegetarian option (all contained meat). Some days I went to eat somewhere else. No vegetarian options after lunch so I had to use external delivery service. Shuttle bus service is excellent. They pick me up even in rent a car agency when returning car instead of airport and this way saved me about 1 hour.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of the hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time please let a manager be aware of your dietary needs. While we do provide a variety of fresh fruits, cereals, breads, pastries and yogurt for breakfast, we can see what we can specially prepare for you so you do not have to look elsewhere for breakfast.

Been to Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral? Share your experiences!