“Vacationing in Miami Late July '13 with Family” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Houston, Texas, United States
“Vacationing in Miami Late July '13 with Family”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Well the staff was great, they even gave me a discount on mine and my family's 1st night due to them not having the right room that I had booked the week before arriving. I would really rate them a 3 1/2 out of a 5, not bad at all except for a few gripes I listed below.

We stayed there close to the end of July '13 for 5 nights. We were visiting from Texas. The building is older but is well kept and clean, and the rooms are spacious.

My only issues were that they said the free breakfast starts 6-10 a.m daily, however they usually start putting away the breakfast stuff around 9:30 a.m or so daily. So if you arrive say at 9:45 a.m you might not have any breakfast to choose from that day. Also, the plates and glasses always seemed to have food particles stuck on them(the so called clean dishes/bowls).I noticed this and started bringing my own plastic plates and cereal bowls after the 2nd day there. The air condition system appears old, and a bit hard to use but it cool very good(if you like being cold and under the blankets at night) once you set your desired room temperature.

I loved the staff, they were very friend, and helpful. I kinda did not want to leave the last day I was there, Overall I enjoyed it. South beach is only about 25 or 30 minutes away. There is also a Burger King, Boston Market and a Carinos Italian Grill very closed or practically touching the hotel below, all within a 30 seconds to 1 minute walk, which made those 3 restaurant very easy to get to at anytime.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I wish to apologize for the misinformation you were given. Our breakfast hours are from 6-9:30 Am on weekdays and ends at 10:00AM on weekends. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Amsterdam, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed two nights while attending a conference at FIU. When I arrived, the lobby was packed with a large group who had apparently just arrived on the shuttle from the airport. I was worried that check in would take a while, but it seems that group was all together, so I was really second in line. The friendly clerk got me checked in quickly. The room was nice - much larger than what I usually get for my personal travel. My only (minor) complaint about the layout is that the television is not visible from the desk area. A larger complaint was the slow Internet service. It was reliable but perhaps overloaded. In the morning, I enjoyed one of the nicest complimentary breakfasts I've seen. In my experience, hotels such as this charge extra for breakfast. The second night, however, is when things became more noisy. I tried to get to bed early as I had to be at the conference early in the morning, but apparently a group ready to party was in my end of the hotel. Loud talking in the halls, laughing, and slamming doors kept me up far later than I wanted. In the morning, two luggage carts were right outside the door, apparently, after being used for rides up and down the hallway in the early morning hours. I recommend that this hotel establish and enforce quiet hours, or at least place large party groups in an area of the hotel separate from the business travelers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We thank you for your review of the hotel and we apologize that you experienced an unacceptable level of noise during your stay. We strive to make each guest's stay as comfortable as possible. Please always make the desk aware so we can monitor and prevent our guests from being disturbed.
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed full week in this hotel during my business trip. It´s not the level of hotel that I am usually used but value for money was good. Hotel location is convenient, car is a must if you want to get anywhere around. Lot of offices are around as well Shopping Malls are just few minutes drive. Room was comfortable, air acconditioning functional. It was not newest hotel but room conditions were still acceptable and in good shape. Breakfast was very limited, often no vegetarian option (all contained meat). Some days I went to eat somewhere else. No vegetarian options after lunch so I had to use external delivery service. Shuttle bus service is excellent. They pick me up even in rent a car agency when returning car instead of airport and this way saved me about 1 hour.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of the hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Next time please let a manager be aware of your dietary needs. While we do provide a variety of fresh fruits, cereals, breads, pastries and yogurt for breakfast, we can see what we can specially prepare for you so you do not have to look elsewhere for breakfast.
Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 different nights before and after our cruise. This hotel was a real gem! Airport pickup and drop off was great getting to and from this hotel. The staff was really generous, very gracious, and so helpful. They even sent the driver out for a toothbrush for me when they realized they didn't have any more in stock - it was so nice they went out of their way for a guest. They were very accommodating on getting us into our room earlier than check-in time one of the days we stayed there. The rooms were quiet and spacious with a lovely sitting area. The staff also recommended places to eat within walking distance. The hotel had an amazing and tasty breakfast as well. There were so many options for breakfast it was like being at a buffet. We were really impressed with this hotel and would recommend it to others looking for something near the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you so very much for your great review of our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed both your stays with us. It was our pleasure to have been your host and to go that extra mile with the toothbrush to ensure you had a comfortable visit. We look forward to your next stay if you take another cruise.
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great stay very friendly staff must say I fell at home .shuttle service best to and from airport mall and walmart when you want. Assistance to get taxi if need to and from destination was also excellent . Great home away from home

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of the hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed our hospitality. Our goal is for the hotel to be a home away from home for all our guests!
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. It was the perfect location for my purpose. Besides business, at walking distance you have a few good restaurants and the Doral golf complex, a little more distant the Dolphin and International malls. The hotel was clean, the staff very very kind, the rooms clean, spacious and comfortable, the breakfast excellent, free in room wi-fi, and the food offer was very good. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the international mall and the airport. The hotel manger was so kind to give me a lift to a close business location with the shuttle bus.
I definitely recommend this hotel and thank the staff for the excellent service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so very much for your review of the hotel. We are always happy when our guests have an enjoyable stay and are pleased with our services and amenities. This is what we strive for with each guest. We hope to see you again in the very near future.
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay from the 17th-20th.

The staff is super friendly; hotel/rooms are kept exceptionally clean, breakfast was excellent and bought plenty of options(Day 1: waffles, eggs, ham, cereal, yogurt fresh fruit/juice, oatmeal, toast & bagels).

Our room was VERY spacious. There's a sofa bed sectional as well as a TV that rotates which was great!

The hotel is accessible to plenty of highways, a short 15 minute drive to South Beach and there are plenty of food options in the area (Doral).

My only complaint is there should be better signage outside of the hotel because it is very easy to ride past.

I have no real complaints I'd definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall on floors 3-6; more than likely you won't be across from a...