“Wonderful front desk staff” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Doral
“Wonderful front desk staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Got to the hotel late after a full day of traveling. The shuttle driver and front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Shuttle in the morning was very prompt. Rooms were nice, clean and quiet - would definetely stay again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Belgium -
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

On 21/11 i stayedwith my wife and 2 friends in hyatt hotel. We had a warm welcome and we were very pleased too. But next day we encountered a nasty experience which i really want to share.
Due to the fact that the 2 computers in the internet room were both occupied and i needed the print out our boarding pass , a clerk proposed us to print them out at the hotel checkin balie.
Great , indeed and the hotel clerk told us he was happy to give us this special service. We thank him and went on with breakfast but kept in mind to give him a tip afterwards for this special service' since we left our wallets upstairs.
Apperently he couldn't wait and when went upstairs to get our baggage our room was already blocked and none of our cards was working any more , so back downstairs from 6th floor to get thecard unblocked again. The lady at the check in laughted and i hear her say to the clerk ' nasty boy'

Yep, that's the policy of this Hyatt . Be friendly , give service and , get tips and if not take revenge by blocking cards.

I kept my 10 dollar tip in my pocket on the way out and i i will book another hotel next year close to miami airport. Since we are doing vacation trips every year , i will not recommend this hotel any more to our Belgian Friends.
Regards peter

Plenty of hotels there

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
I do apologize for any inconvenience and perceived rudeness that you encountered. We do not block the room keys. Upon checkin, the room keys are automatically coded to expire at the checkout time for the departure date of the reservation.
Margarita
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is our third stay at this hotel. We really like the concept of Hyatt place.

Big clean rooms, nice bedding and pillows, comfortable and free parking, plenty of tv channels plus pay per view, nice sized restroom, good shower… In our experience everything works well in the rooms, and should you find a flaw it is quickly solved.

We enjoy the self check in machine and the fact that they have prepared sandwiches and salads, also the starbucks coffee.

Whenever you need to contact the front desk they are always nice and helpful.
Now, in our opinion this in an impersonal hotel, which for us works just great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments.
Sandusky, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently stayed here for 1 day Pre-cruise. Very clean facility. We arrived at noon and they allowed us to check in which was very nice. Front desk personnel were very polite and cheerful. B/fast was OK. Shuttle to the port was included in the package. ( One way to the port). Room very spacious with 2 double beds and a sitting area with a nice big couch ( hide-a-way bed). First experience with a Hyatt Place and would not hesitate to stay at another.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We kindly thank you for your comments and are pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We booked a night here enroute from Chicago to Turks & Caicos due to flight schedules and wanting to minimize our 18 month old's days of travel. We booked because they had suites so we wouldn't all sleep in a hotel room together, and because of the airport shuttle and proximity to the airport.
Unfortunately we had a delayed flight and arrived after 11:30 so we needed to take a taxi - a bit of a worry as we had no car seat as we intended on using the shuttle. We were able to secure a taxi who would take us the short distance with no car seat. The check-in was very quick and we had a comfortable night sleep in the bedroom while our daughter slept in her cot (we had one, but they also provided them FOC) in the living area. Comfortable room, no complaints.
The buffet breakfast in the morning was well received by our family, lots of options and the manager was on top of things making sure food was being replenished quickly. We spoke with him as we had a long layover on our way home and enquired about booking another room the following week for a day rate only. He agreed at a reasonable rate, and it gave us a place to have our daughter nap instead of hanging out at the airport. We would stay again. The shuttle was efficient on the other 3 trips to/from the airport during our two stays.
Cleanliness I ranked average because we attempted to use some of the dishes in the kitchenette and they were all sticky and dirty! ick.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We thank you for your kind comments and hope all went well with your vacation. I do apologize concerning the cleanliness and have spoken with the staff to ensure that it does not hapen again.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is nice and clean. Had serious issues with the shuttle service. Called them from the airport and they told us 20 minutes for shuttle. After 45 minutes of standing there we called again and they said another 10 minutes. We waited an hour outside the terminal. Then in the morning we were advised the shuttle was running 15 minutes late again. We waited 10 minutes only that time.

• Stayed October 2012
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
We apologize for the delay with the Shuttle. Unfortunately, traffic in Miami is horrendous and there are times we can not pick up our guests as quickly as we would like.
Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel due to it's location and price. I had never stayed at a Hyatt place before (or any Hyatt, for that matter) but was drawn to it for it's location. Just to give you a little heads up, Hyatt Place is the Hyatt brand's more budget-friendly, more family oriented less-resort-y type of offering. I would say, and I could be off a little on my comparisons but I'd say it competes with maybe a SpringHIll Suites by Marriott or perhaps, with the sitting area and hot breakfast available- more of a Courtyard type of offering. Either way it was competent and I felt like it was a good value for the price I paid. But... it get's better... lol! I was meeting a friend who lives in Miami for the day and I wanted somewhere safe and also easy for her to access from the interstates. She has a car and was willing to go wherever so being in downtown or Aventura or a particular area wasn't as much of a concern as was price, cleaniness and safety. I was also leaving for a trip the following day out of Fort Lauderdale airport and having a car, wanted somewhere easy to just hop on an interstate or artery and go. This place fit the bill perfectly. I know Carnival Cruise Lines main headquarters is here in Doral and also the big golf tournaments. Carnival has picked a nice upscale location for there big Carnival Place hq so since I was right around the corner I figured you can't go wrong. I was right! While there is nothing within walking distance (welcome to most of FL), if that's not a priority than that's the only drawback about the location.
I had a volunteer project in Hialea that day and it wasnt too far away for that. When I came back from the project (demolishing/renovating an old United Methodist church to be used as a community financial planning and education center) I was in bummy clothes and hot and sweaty. The hotel had no problem extending my checkout so I could come back to my room in the early afternoon and take a hot shower and get changed. Very "no problem," friendly and professional. Speaking of room, that was a surprise. A very pleasant one, I might add. I was expecting a standard two bed or a king with a tv and a nightstand kind of room but there weren't having any of that! There was a separate sitting area when I walked in with, as some other reviewers pointed out, a "ginormous" couch awaiting you. This room didn't short me on any sofa space, that's for sure! Opposite the sitting area was a work desk, comfy desk chair and things you might need to take care of business, wastebasket, outlets, lamp, etc. In one corner of the room was also a sink with counter space, a cabinet, glasses, etc. Behind a hip looking divider was the bed, and it was competing with the couch for footprint size, that's for sure! IT was big! Also, worth noting, it was very comfortable and the pillows were dust-free and comfy, too. I remember that bed! I woke up well rested for my volunteer project, despite not getting a full night's sleep. The bathroom was a decent size and one thing that impressed me was the towels were in the bathroom, too! They were even accessible FROM the shower. As much as I travel I still usually forgot about the "towel" part until I'm ready to get out of the shower. Then it's streaking across the usually chilly, air-conditioned bathroom (or worse, into the stateroom), dripping wet hair-in-my-eyes to find the closest thing that resembles a cotton something or another and try and warm up, dry off and now wipe down all the floors that are now slipperier than a wet Chiquita peel on a December afternoon! Yea, that's quite a picture. Sorry about that! ;) Well, get that picture out of your mind because none of that happens thanks to the thoughtfulness of these folks at the Hyatt Place in Miami. And they were already warmed up (thanks to shower, I suppose). When you are on vacation and things are a little unfamilar and new, it's the little details that make you feel better about the whole thing. Details like that.
The next morning they had some nice food offerings for breakfast, a little cafe inside with food for sale (reasonably priced) and Starbucks coffee. I don't remember seeing espresso, but they definitely had the coffee. I was told this was an AmeriSuites property that had been recently converted over to a Hyatt Place. You could tell they were in the process of gradually bringing everything up to a "Hyatt way." Since then I'm sure everything is the way they want it now. I did see an airport shuttle around, though can't rate it since I had my own car. They did ask me several times if I needed the shuttle and I thought- heck- maybe I'll ride it just for kicks, check out the airport and then come back while I wait for my friend. But... I didnt. (I guess the fact that the airport's initials are M.I.A had me a little worried... plus the fact that a last minute deal to Hawaii and a recently upgraded credit limit might make this a whole different type of review! Nah just kidding! I just hung around the pleasant lobby and enjoyed myself!) They had a hot, made-to-order breakfast available too with different breakfast sandwiches and the like which, while not included, would have definitely been on my agenda if I had more time. You may want to check their current policy on breakfast pricing as that may have changed since my visit. I just picked up a fruit salad and hit the road, well-rested and off to let the adventures begin!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
We kindly thank you for your comments and hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral? Share your experiences!