“More than you expect at a price you can afford” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Fort Pierce, Florida
“More than you expect at a price you can afford”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel due to it's location and price. I had never stayed at a Hyatt place before (or any Hyatt, for that matter) but was drawn to it for it's location. Just to give you a little heads up, Hyatt Place is the Hyatt brand's more budget-friendly, more family oriented less-resort-y type of offering. I would say, and I could be off a little on my comparisons but I'd say it competes with maybe a SpringHIll Suites by Marriott or perhaps, with the sitting area and hot breakfast available- more of a Courtyard type of offering. Either way it was competent and I felt like it was a good value for the price I paid. But... it get's better... lol! I was meeting a friend who lives in Miami for the day and I wanted somewhere safe and also easy for her to access from the interstates. She has a car and was willing to go wherever so being in downtown or Aventura or a particular area wasn't as much of a concern as was price, cleaniness and safety. I was also leaving for a trip the following day out of Fort Lauderdale airport and having a car, wanted somewhere easy to just hop on an interstate or artery and go. This place fit the bill perfectly. I know Carnival Cruise Lines main headquarters is here in Doral and also the big golf tournaments. Carnival has picked a nice upscale location for there big Carnival Place hq so since I was right around the corner I figured you can't go wrong. I was right! While there is nothing within walking distance (welcome to most of FL), if that's not a priority than that's the only drawback about the location.
I had a volunteer project in Hialea that day and it wasnt too far away for that. When I came back from the project (demolishing/renovating an old United Methodist church to be used as a community financial planning and education center) I was in bummy clothes and hot and sweaty. The hotel had no problem extending my checkout so I could come back to my room in the early afternoon and take a hot shower and get changed. Very "no problem," friendly and professional. Speaking of room, that was a surprise. A very pleasant one, I might add. I was expecting a standard two bed or a king with a tv and a nightstand kind of room but there weren't having any of that! There was a separate sitting area when I walked in with, as some other reviewers pointed out, a "ginormous" couch awaiting you. This room didn't short me on any sofa space, that's for sure! Opposite the sitting area was a work desk, comfy desk chair and things you might need to take care of business, wastebasket, outlets, lamp, etc. In one corner of the room was also a sink with counter space, a cabinet, glasses, etc. Behind a hip looking divider was the bed, and it was competing with the couch for footprint size, that's for sure! IT was big! Also, worth noting, it was very comfortable and the pillows were dust-free and comfy, too. I remember that bed! I woke up well rested for my volunteer project, despite not getting a full night's sleep. The bathroom was a decent size and one thing that impressed me was the towels were in the bathroom, too! They were even accessible FROM the shower. As much as I travel I still usually forgot about the "towel" part until I'm ready to get out of the shower. Then it's streaking across the usually chilly, air-conditioned bathroom (or worse, into the stateroom), dripping wet hair-in-my-eyes to find the closest thing that resembles a cotton something or another and try and warm up, dry off and now wipe down all the floors that are now slipperier than a wet Chiquita peel on a December afternoon! Yea, that's quite a picture. Sorry about that! ;) Well, get that picture out of your mind because none of that happens thanks to the thoughtfulness of these folks at the Hyatt Place in Miami. And they were already warmed up (thanks to shower, I suppose). When you are on vacation and things are a little unfamilar and new, it's the little details that make you feel better about the whole thing. Details like that.
The next morning they had some nice food offerings for breakfast, a little cafe inside with food for sale (reasonably priced) and Starbucks coffee. I don't remember seeing espresso, but they definitely had the coffee. I was told this was an AmeriSuites property that had been recently converted over to a Hyatt Place. You could tell they were in the process of gradually bringing everything up to a "Hyatt way." Since then I'm sure everything is the way they want it now. I did see an airport shuttle around, though can't rate it since I had my own car. They did ask me several times if I needed the shuttle and I thought- heck- maybe I'll ride it just for kicks, check out the airport and then come back while I wait for my friend. But... I didnt. (I guess the fact that the airport's initials are M.I.A had me a little worried... plus the fact that a last minute deal to Hawaii and a recently upgraded credit limit might make this a whole different type of review! Nah just kidding! I just hung around the pleasant lobby and enjoyed myself!) They had a hot, made-to-order breakfast available too with different breakfast sandwiches and the like which, while not included, would have definitely been on my agenda if I had more time. You may want to check their current policy on breakfast pricing as that may have changed since my visit. I just picked up a fruit salad and hit the road, well-rested and off to let the adventures begin!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
We kindly thank you for your comments and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The best part was the service! I was greeted by Joseph who was kind enough to double check that the cab only charged me $25 and not $40 from the airport. Next he asked me about my trip and treated me to a much needed glass of wine. He also gave me two complimentary bags of chips. Truly great things to receive at midnight after a long day of traveling! Joseph, you really made my stay at Hyatt very worthwhile, even though it was from from the airport and there is no shuttle service between midnight and 6am. I highly recommend this hotel if you need a place to stay close to the airport. The rooms were super comfortable and clean, and WiFi was great and free!

• Stayed July 2012
We kindly thank you for your review and are happy that you enjoyed our hospitality.
vienna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Had everything a Hotel needs,on my Way from Düsseldorf to the Bahamas.the Room was spacious,a very good bed,a real Three Star hote,with a pickup Service,and also a Return Transfer After a good Sleep.a reasonable breakfast was included in the fais Price,haart quality for 140.- us Dollar.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear Guest

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of any assistance to you, don’t hesitate to contact me directly at 305-718-8292 Ext 5101.

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Suite with a ginormous sofa. Average breakfast. Room smelled musty and there was hair and mildew in the shower- yuck - a major turn off. AC unit was just 2 feet from the bed, so a cold yet intermitent draft wafted oer my bopdy, meaning covers off, covers on. And while we are at it, why does a hotel in Miami had a comfprter on the bed? No ice maker, no vending machines, just plastic wrapped sandwiched and old salads in the lobby. I was unimpressed. I am a frequent business traveler. One co-worker thought it was just fine, the other agreed with me.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
RichardMiamiHyattPl, General Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Value Guest:

I apologize that your stay was not what you expected, the room a/c units are close to the bed due to the design of the building, I can't agree with you more. The room should had been inspected before your arrival. Hyatt requires certain brand standards and comforter's are part of that standard, yes even if the hotel is in Miami, we have a Hyatt Place in Hawaii and it also has conforters.

I know my apology are just words, however I would like for you to know that in the future if you decide to come back to Miami I will personally inspect your room before your arrival and compensate the night for you as well.

Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Just stayed at the property for one night. I chose this location because of its proximity to my meeting. I have stayed at Hyatt Place before in several cities. They are standardized so you what to expect in any city. The staff was very friendly, the room spacious and the free breakfast had good variety.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
RichardMiamiHyattPl, General Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Guest

We appreciate the kind words of the staff, I will pass these comments along.

EVERYWHERE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Décor of the rooms very nice and stylish. Great place to stay a night or two, not so great if you are staying longer for the following reasons.
1. The bottom of the shower head is about 5’ 6” high. (see pic, I am not tall, see where the shower head hits my head) Meaning the overwhelming majority of adults will have to bend over/crouch down in the shower if they want to wash their hair/face. I am not a tall person, and I found it extremely annoying to have to bend over to wash my hair every day. This is a newer property, so absolutely no reason why the shower head should be so low. Really, think about it. An average height person has to bend over to wash their hair! That's as stupid as an average height person having to use step-ladder to get into bed.
2. Closet is about three feet wide, however, there is only about an 18” door/opening , the other half of the closet is covered by a wall. You can only see part of the clothes in the closet, and have to shove the other clothes to the side behind the wall. If I stayed just a night or two, no big deal. But I was there for a week and needed dress clothes every day. Could only see one half of my clothes that I had hanging up.
3. Wall unit air conditioner really only works as on & off, no thermostat. Set it at 74 (on a 90 degree day) and warm air comes out. Set it at 72 and cold air.

Room Tip: The manager told me they were raising the shower heads. I would only stay here if they had a normal...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
The Guest
In the past few week we have been rasing the heeight of the shower heads, I agree with you 100%, I don't know made the decission to install shower heads that low. I plan to have all the room completed by July.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

The third time is supposed to be the charm?!? Well, Friday, the 13th (wouldn't ya know it?) was our third one-night stay at Hyatt Place, Miami. Let's start with the GOOD: they have a great stay, park and cruise program! We were able to stay one night, then leave our vehicle up to two weeks at no additional charge, take a free shuttle to the airport, where we transferred to the cruise terminal. A real good location, hidden away from traffic and general nonsense, and normally a nice room round out the good. Now, the BAD. We checked into our room, which smelled a bit funky, but I told my wife that the smell would go away once the air conditioner was turned on. We turned it on, but got an alarming sound of dinging.....but the cold air came out. Being that we sleep with the TV on (giving away all our secrets), we figured that the dinging would be drowned out. Well, it was! Only.........about 1am, we discovered that it was no longer working! Oh, the dinging was still there, but the cold air wasn't. What should have been a nice, comfortable night, preparing us for a robust first-cruise day, turned into a sleepless nightmare. We didn't call for a room change, because by that time we were too tired to pack everything up and move. Next morning, on checkout, we explained our sleepless night, only to be met with a "so?" stare. Of course, the manager was not in. We hadn't had a problem in the past, but if this is what the Hyatt Place is dumbing down to, it's time for a wake-up call (providing you get a good night's sleep!)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
RichardMiamiHyattPl, General Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Value Guest:

I apologize this should have not happened and I can'y agree with you more, my staff failed to make sure that the room was acceptable to rent.

I know my apology are just words, however I would like for you to know that in the future if you decide to come to Miami I will personally inspect your before your arrival and compensate the night for you as well.

Hyatt Place Miami Airport West

Been to Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral? Share your experiences!