“Great Choice- Good Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Grand Cayman
“Great Choice- Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

First time staying at this hotel - was pleasantly surprised by the room. Fully equiped kitchen. Clean room and great location close to resturants. Shopping malls were less than 2 miles away. Would definitely return. Free wifi. No free breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Caracas, Venezuela
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Very Dark and lonely surroundings, room in sorry state, with stained carpets, room door apparently had suffered a break in. Supposedly Non smoking room smelling like an ashtray.
Staff not helpfull
Tried to write a review on this proporty at chains own website was not possible , review section not working currently.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Alessandro U,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Okemos, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had the smallest "suite." It had full office amenities. Full kitchen including dishwasher. Very modern and very clean. Great Q bed and bed linens. Very comfortable. Would definitely return. No free breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Brugge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We came here after a one night stay in Miami Beach (Beach place hotel - really disappointing)
It's really remote, that's true, but also has te perks of being quiet, clean, safe and although it's remote, it's actually really close to the highways. Staying at the candlewood suites will make sure you're close to the airport, without much traffic problems to getting there also , and is also a excellent starting point for everglades excursions, or trips to either the Keys or up state (Orlando, tampa,...)
If you'd like to visit miami beach, just take your car and drive or better take the public transportation so you don't pay high parking prices.
the room really large, since we stayed 4 days that was really pleasant. Large bathroom ànd fully equiped kitchen. We used this to prepare breakfast, diner we usually ate out (tip: anthony's coal fired pizza's is just a 3 minutes walk away)
Near the lobby there are washing machines and dryers , also vending machines for everything you could imagine.
Swimming pool is a great plus too!
Room cleaning not everyday so keep that in mind

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lavras, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Well, I'm a frequent guest. Whenever we (me and my wife) go to Miami, we stay at Candlewood. It's definitely one of my favorite hotels in Miami (I can't even remember the last time we stayed at another hotel). This last time was great, but not perfect. All the staff treated us well, except one of the front desk guys, his name's Pablo. Gosh! I remember I greeted him a couple of times and he said nothing, he didn't even look at me and my wife. He simply ignored us! I felt so bad... You know, year after year staying at Candlewood I got to know all the staff and I always enjoyed talking to them, especially to Shirley, who has been working at the hotel for many years and always treated us very well. So, I strongly suggest Pablo get some customer skills and pay more attention to the guests. It's not that difficult! Observation is the key for success! He only needs to observe how Shirley and Alejandro treat the guests and he'll see how easy it is to treat others with respect and courtesy.

Also, I'd like to say I have nothing against this person (Pablo). I'm only making a suggestion based on my own experience with him.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor are better.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
costa mesa, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Our family stayed here post Carnival cruise before we headed back to cali.

I called a few times to see if we could check in a few hours earlier since we got off the ship early, the nice lady at the front said to check back in an hour. I called again to see if we could just leave luggage there, she said yes. So we went to the hotel, then she offered to see if any rooms were available. So I waited, it seemed like a long time, they had to find a room for the person in front of me first. Finally after what seemed like 20-30 minutes, they let me know a room is available and that I could pick the first or 2nd floor. They have an elevator, but I picked the first floor. Luckily our room was next to the back door, so that was great for carrying luggage in and out the room.

The place looked clean. Loved the separate bedroom with the door. modern looking minus the ugly couch with the even more awful sofa bed. I sad on it and immediately felt all the metal bars and springs in the bed. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!!! no support, no cushion. everytime i went to sit on it, i would have to gently prop myself on it or else all the springs would poke me. if you don't believe me, try it for yourself!!! worst bed i've ever slept in my life. That would be my #1 complaint of the hotel.

no free breakfast
free parking
they do have free laundry rooms. it has a coin slot, but you just push it in and it'll light up for you to push start. We just went to walmart and grabbed laundry detergent for the 4 of us and did all our laundry from the carribean cruise we just came from.

nice front desk staff.

We found out they carpet clean the rooms everyday!!!! beat that all you other hotels!!!
That is awesome, so awesome i'll come back just to know that our carpets are clean!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!