“Mayberry in Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Doral
etabunny
“Mayberry in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2008

A simple life for a simple traveler. The rooms were very clean (everything was clean), the service was excellant, full kitchen, FREE internet access, a pull out couch for your quest. I was very pleased

I had to go to Miami for the first time for business training. I will admit I was nervous because I was going 2000 miles away and I am female and was alone. But as soon as i got into the door it was home and a little piece of Mayberry.

'Hey Andy, can I get something from the fridge?'

Sure just stop by there little market and get what every you need. THEY TRUST YOU! Just feel out a slip and drop it in the box and they charge your room. NICE!

'Hey Aunt Bee, can I wash some clothes?'

Sure, just stop by the laudry faciltiles that they have and wash for FREE!. They even have laudnry soap.

"Hey Opi, want to watch a movie?'

Sure, just stop by the front desk and pick up any movie you want.. for FREE! HELLO! LITTLE PIECE OF HEAVEN.

It was great to be in a place that trused you to be honest. It made me want to be overly appriciative and give me more. (Karma baby).

(mayberry whistle)
Thank you Candle suites..i will miss you but i promise I will come back, even if its in another town!

• Liked — Everything was on the honor syste.
  • Disliked — They only clean your room once a week
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
US
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

I hate to be the sour grape of the group but my experience at this property differs from all the recent reviews.
I call them over the phone and asked if bedroom was separate from kitchen, they said yes and that all rooms where equal. So I booked the standard room and got a bed with a desk and a kitchen in front of it, no door separated the areas, if I had been told of this setup, the reservation would not be made .
Dirty towels (black dirty), when asked for a change I was told to come back later since they did not have any to give me at the moment, baby insects in the bathroom, peculiar smell in the halls, unfriendly front desk girl. I really wanted to get out of there, and I did. Never going back.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — It was dirty.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Caracas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2007

I had to be in Miami for just 2 days, and I found this hotel via Kayak.com. Even tough price was really good, I didn't made a reservation immediately. I made a research via Internet, with good results and then I completed my reservation on the hotel website. I must admit that I was not totally sure of my hotel choice. When Finally I arrived at the hotel, I was impressed. First of all, the location was unbeatable, the receptionist (a girl named Michell) was very helpful and with a very good attitude toward customers. The room was clean, in good conditions, with fast internet. As many reviewers stated here, there is no maid service every day, but since I was there for just 2 nights, It didn't bother me. Towels can be changed in the reception when you think y ou need to change it. Hotels has laundry machines, and you can get almost everything from their store via the honor system. Next time I am in Miami, I will be in Candlewood Suites again, and I will reccomend it to my friends

• Liked — Place, Price, Fast Internet, Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Not so famous
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Matthews, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

My wife and I stayed here 8 Sep. I got a fantastic rate from one of the bargain hotel .com web sites. We wanted something close to the airport because we were departing from MIA Sunday morning.
The front desk personnel were very accommodating. At the last minute of the day I needed to mail a package. It was a few minutes before 9PM. I inquired at the front desk about an overnight shipper that was near and still open. At first the receptionist thought they closed at 9. She advised me to wait a minute, she looked-up the phone number and called. Fortunately more me the shipper was open until 10PM. She got turn-by-turn directions and relayed the info to me.
The Candlewood Suites Miami Airport does not offer a shuttle to/from the airport. So, I got another fantastic deal for a rental car from one of the .com sellers.
The suites are very nice. The rooms are equipped for extended stays but cater to short stays also. In our room was a small kitchen area with a range, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, dinnerware, utensils, pot and pan, a small sink, and coffee maker with coffee.
The bed had a pillow top mattress and 4 fluffy pillows. Remote control for the T.V. The room had an office desk and chair and a lounge chair.
There is a laundry room with free washers and dryers. You can buy detergent using the honor system, simply tell the reception desk what you used.
Also at the front desk is a library of DVDs you can use free of charge.

• Liked — Great rate and close to Miami International Airport
  • Disliked — No airport shuttle
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jacksonville, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2006

My husband and I travel on business weekly in Florida and we were shocked when we were looking at the motel rates in Miami. The first week in the area we decided to stay in Fort Lauderdale because the rates were much cheaper there. The second time in this area my husband chose this motel because the rates were much cheaper overall. We were shocked when we checked in to find that there wasn't any maid service available here unless you stay more than one week. One has to take their used towels down to the front desk to get clean ones every day. The rooms were very nice - like a studio apartment. They have very nice cooking utensils and appliances so you can cook in your room if you'd like to save money. They even have dishwashers in the rooms! Another nice amenity is their free washers and dryers; so bring your laundry detergent. You won't have to take home dirty clothes. They offer a little store to buy beverages, food, and snacks but the prices are outrageous! We had a few problems with maintenance issues and had to wait two whole days to have them repaired because they don't have a regular maintenance man on duty. They offer a free library of DVDs and video tapes.

• Liked — Saved money - Miami is the most expensive city to visit
  • Disliked — No maid service
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring food, berages, laundry items
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2006

My first experience at candlewood was absolutely great perfect hotel for a business woman that likes to cook since they have full kitchens. The staff is outstanding the manager was always available. Funny thing about this hotel is that they dont clean the rooms everyday just once a week. The hotel looks a bit old but is very clean, I stayed for 2 weeks and felt very much at home. I highly recomend the Candlewood miami ruuned by the cool handsome bald guy and his staff.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2005

I loved staying at this hotel and would recommend that anyone stay here, especially families. It is not close to any of the attractions, so those visiting the area without a car will have a difficult time. May not be so great for students just in town to party...but it may be worth the hassle because of the excellent price/quality compared to some of the south beach hotels that will allow you to be able to rent a car. The staff are pleasant, the rooms are a good size and comfortable, with an honor kitchen and launry available at the hotel. It was well work the money.

Been to Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!