“Excellent hotel near MIA and Dolphin Mall” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Doral
Curitiba
“Excellent hotel near MIA and Dolphin Mall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you want to stay close to the Miami International Airport,this an excellent option. Shoppers can also consider the Candlewood suites an alternative to stay, because it is only 10 minutes drive from the Dolphin Mall.

PRO's
- Free parking
- Free wifi
- Friendly staff
- Great room with new furniture and appliances
- Large TV with HD channels
- Clean bathroom
- Fridge and stove in the room
- Close to MIA
- Quiet room

CON's
- No complimentary breakfast
- The hotel is a little hidden from the trees and another hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lavras, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Candlewood Miami Airport is by far the best choice in Miami. Whenever I go to Miami I always stay at Candlewood Maimi Airport. The hotel is simply fantastic and the staff is great (especially Shirley and Marco who are very kind and helpful.)

Another thing that I like a lot at Candlewood Miami Airport West is their cupboard. It's a great one! You can buy lots of things for a very cheap price. The other hotels in the area aren't as good as Candlewood and charge top dollar!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The wife and I stayed here in February 2012 the night before our cruise departed. We had an extremely stressful trip getting to Miami due to snow/ice up north where came from and multiple canceled flights. For an overnight stay, it was okay, but I'd choose to stay somewhere else next time.

Check-In
There was a large group in front of us checking in (appeared to be a soccer team in town for a tournament) and only one front desk staff member to assist, so while I was frustrated at the amount of time it took to check in, I was understanding.

Room
Our first room we went to did not have working A/C. We requested to be transferred to another room, but were told that they were sold out for the night. I pulled out my Priority Club membership card, and the staff member "bumped" someone that had not yet arrived from their room so that we could have working A/C (I feel bad for that person when he/she arrived). The other complaint I have is that since the rooms are mini-suites, they include a kitchenette. This led to the room smelling of burned food from those that had cooked there before us.

Amenities
One nice thing about the Candlewood chain is that they include a "pantry store" where you can pickup frozen meals, Pop-Tarts, sodas and the like and have the charges billed to your room. This is convenient for us since we had not had dinner when we arrived, nor is breakfast offered here in the mornings (presumably because you have cookware in your room).

Location
I bit farther away than I thought - I believe it was a $25 taxi ride from the airport in minimal traffic, and a $40 taxi ride the next morning to the cruise terminal. Next time I'll stay somewhere on the east side of the airport and save money on cab fare.

Summary
I really didn't want to knock this place too hard, but I agree with another reviewer who said that it needs some TLC. But, until that happens, I'd recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Miranda, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I've never stayed at a Candlewood Suite before but if this place is like all of them, I certainly will again. The thing that impressed us about there was how they think of everything - they have complimentary laundry services, a mini shop to make food purchases, a gym, free wifi, and the rooms are fitted out with a kitchen. We were a couple traveling, but this would be a great option for families. The staff were really helpful with everything too. I didn't expect much from here, and as a a result, I was very happy we stayed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is good and in a great area near the airport but need more care. The room was almost clean but not perfect clean. I like the hotel and the staff is very friendly and professional. To the Manager I want to tell him to take more care in the cleaning of the rugs and beds. The air units are outdated and noisy. If I'm in the area again maybe I will stay again, only will depends on the price. This can be a great experience if the hotel change the AC units to new ones and the rooms are better cleaned.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Abraham R,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. We are delighted that our convenient location worked so well and that you found our hotel staff friendly and professional. I would like to apologize that you had less than satisfactory stay due to the cleanliness of the rugs and beds as well as the noisy air conditioning unit. We are always working to be the best we can be and improve on our level of service. The feedback we received from our guests, like you will help us to accomplish this.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. Hope to see you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

my husband and i stayed for 1 day . the room was very nice and clean.
The front staff was very helpful .location if u just going for business was great close to the mall,restaurants and mia. int air port..
if i have to go back i will stay there with out thinking 2 times LOVE IT.Joe the front desk agent was very nice and professional .

MR &MRS Cuomo

Room Tip: rooms close to the front desk
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Noblesville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites for two nights, for business. It is not the type of hotel that I would walk into and then immediately run away from but, I would prefer not to stay again. The hotel staff is nice and the property/grounds are maintained but the room was outdated and a bit dirty. The beds and bathroom were acceptably clean but there was dirt in the corners of the rooms (especially the bathroom). The kind of dirt that accumulates because the floor does not get thoroughly cleaned. The furnishings in the room, cabinets, tv, carpet, kitchen etc. were old. I did enjoy having the kitchen so I didnt have to go out to eat for every meal. The pool and pool area was shabby and dirty. The hotel is only two floors, the elevator was broken during my stay. I could hear alot of noise from the street, which bothered me because I was alone, I didnt sleep well. The rooms are priced fairly for the quality Just dont expect a 5 star experience.

Room Tip: I am not sure if there is an ideal location and there may be only 2 room types (King or queen and 2...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!