“This place has EVERYTHING!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Miranda, Australia
“This place has EVERYTHING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I've never stayed at a Candlewood Suite before but if this place is like all of them, I certainly will again. The thing that impressed us about there was how they think of everything - they have complimentary laundry services, a mini shop to make food purchases, a gym, free wifi, and the rooms are fitted out with a kitchen. We were a couple traveling, but this would be a great option for families. The staff were really helpful with everything too. I didn't expect much from here, and as a a result, I was very happy we stayed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is good and in a great area near the airport but need more care. The room was almost clean but not perfect clean. I like the hotel and the staff is very friendly and professional. To the Manager I want to tell him to take more care in the cleaning of the rugs and beds. The air units are outdated and noisy. If I'm in the area again maybe I will stay again, only will depends on the price. This can be a great experience if the hotel change the AC units to new ones and the rooms are better cleaned.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Abraham R,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. We are delighted that our convenient location worked so well and that you found our hotel staff friendly and professional. I would like to apologize that you had less than satisfactory stay due to the cleanliness of the rugs and beds as well as the noisy air conditioning unit. We are always working to be the best we can be and improve on our level of service. The feedback we received from our guests, like you will help us to accomplish this.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. Hope to see you soon.

Zelyn N
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

my husband and i stayed for 1 day . the room was very nice and clean.
The front staff was very helpful .location if u just going for business was great close to the mall,restaurants and mia. int air port..
if i have to go back i will stay there with out thinking 2 times LOVE IT.Joe the front desk agent was very nice and professional .

MR &MRS Cuomo

Room Tip: rooms close to the front desk
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Noblesville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites for two nights, for business. It is not the type of hotel that I would walk into and then immediately run away from but, I would prefer not to stay again. The hotel staff is nice and the property/grounds are maintained but the room was outdated and a bit dirty. The beds and bathroom were acceptably clean but there was dirt in the corners of the rooms (especially the bathroom). The kind of dirt that accumulates because the floor does not get thoroughly cleaned. The furnishings in the room, cabinets, tv, carpet, kitchen etc. were old. I did enjoy having the kitchen so I didnt have to go out to eat for every meal. The pool and pool area was shabby and dirty. The hotel is only two floors, the elevator was broken during my stay. I could hear alot of noise from the street, which bothered me because I was alone, I didnt sleep well. The rooms are priced fairly for the quality Just dont expect a 5 star experience.

Room Tip: I am not sure if there is an ideal location and there may be only 2 room types (King or queen and 2...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Central America
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

This is the second time I stay at this hotel, the first time, maybe in 2003. I beleive is part of IHC. Sorry to say that the rooms looks like I remember them in my first visit, and they needed an uplift in 2003. The first night took us by surprise, we woke up with bed bugs bites. The bathroom needs repairs. Noisy AA. Good parking espace. The personal is very professional, is close to the airport, and the now city of Doral (known as little Venezuela to latins) is in continous growth. The Hotel is Not bad. Not good. definetly not great. I think I'll wait a few years before I visit them again, maybe this review will receive an answer from the administration saying that they are "just about to make an uplift".

Room Tip: Wait for a renovation before you stay here.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear MEDTRAV,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Katie J
Astor, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Which is good. At bit dated and showing wear. A redo and all will be well. The staff was very kind and spoke clear English. They went above and beyond when my business associate's credit card was declined, reservation cancelled, reserved at a different rate and the hotel was sold out. I had a few little ants, but in a kitchenette, I wasn't surprised. The area was very safe and reasonably convenient to major roads. I would return to this property.

Room Tip: First floor! Third is smoking. Second, well limited elevator access from parking. If looking for...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Madrid, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Stayed in several hotels of this sort, but was unhappily surprised by the Candlewood Miami Airport West...outdated and old, which is not necessarily a problem, but a horrible smell came from the sink in the kitchen area and there were loads of little flies. Warned front desk but nothing was solved even a few days later. Not impressed at all...

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear Wderks,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry for the condition of the room you received during your stay. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
IHGCare

Been to Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!