“Nice for leisurely dinner” 4 of 5 stars

(305) 403-7919
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Carino's Italian Grill Doral is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 177 Restaurants in Doral
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 82nd Ave
Land O Lakes, Florida
“Nice for leisurely dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Went with a friend I had not seen in 35 years. We were given a corner booth and we had a great time catching up. The food was good with large portions. Steven was our server and he allowed us to move at our own pace without pressuring us. We had a great time and loved the fact that the restaurant wasn't moving people in and out. Prices were reasonable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Awful service and overpriced lunch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I ordered a lunch meal that, according to the menu, came with a salad. When I ordered it, the waitress didn't ask me which salad I would like or say anything about the salad at all. The main course came with no sign of a salad and I asked about it and she very rudely explained that I have to ask for the salad. I've never had to ask for something that was supposed to come with the meal. The meal was over $11 which is very steep if it is just the entree, so I asked for a discount since I didn't get my salad. I then had to argue with her about it, and when I asked to speak to a manager I was completely blown off. The manager never came to our table because he was "too busy". I finally had to threaten to walk out just to get a discount because I didn't get my salad that was supposed to be included. The waitress also never refilled our drinks while were there.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“Freezing cold and drinks tasted awful!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The restaurant was so cold that both my Mother and I even with jackets on were freezing. Please management, turn up the a/c! I had angel hair pasta with artichokes and added shrimp, for $16+ I thought I should have had more than six teeny tiny shrimp and a couple of artichokes. I did not think it was great value for the money although it tasted good. The other three people in our lunch party got better value and two of the three had sufficient food to take home a box of food for dinner. My portion was much smaller. The drinks did not taste good, I had unsweetened ice tea and it tasted metallic, I swapped it for a club soda and that also tasted metallic. The very nice waitress, Kathy compted our drinks and gave me a diet coke instead which actually tasted ok. Must have been from another machine. The service was good but I was less than impressed with my particular lunch choice or the temperature of the restaurant. However, the place was packed so I am obviously in a minority! Would really have to be persuaded to go back in all honesty.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Italian Flavors near Miami airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had a yen for a burger but this place was walkable from my hotel and so I chose it. The hostess asked if I wanted to be seated at the bar and I like that when travelling solo. A good surprise was they had an Italian burger with mozzarella and pepperoni which was very tasty. I had a very good house salad with that and best of all, they had Sangria! I didn't try any of their Italian standards, but what I saw on othrer customer's plates looked good.It's about 6 miles from the Miami airport and worth a stop.

Visited August 2013
New Port Richey, Florida
“CLOSE AND TASTY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The menu is typical Italian with a few specialties. Unlimited Caesar or garden salad for $2.99 was delicious as was the roasted garlic and oil for dipping the bread. The portions are large and more than we could finish. The wine by the glass was expensive-$9!

Visited August 2013