“Worst experience in Travel ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 20% off
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Doral
“Worst experience in Travel ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We came to Miami for medical reasons and couldn't leave once settled. From the moment we arrived it was one thing after another with the room from hell. The manger, lied to us and said because we booked though Expedia he could not give us a refund of two room nights back, he would give us one. Now American Express will fight for us to get a refund of 1/2 the money back. It all started with me opening the dishwasher and the wood under the cabinet fell on the floor, then I went to pull the shade up in the kitchen, and it didn't roll up. We where told if was be fixed the next day and it was not. We had a suite but no oven, no toaster, no utensils, no kitchen towels, no frying pan, and when I asked for one it was greasy and they actually sent a sponge and dishsoap with it. The shower need to be re-cocked twiced, the dead bug half way up the wall is still there and the maid has been here twice. No dishwasher detergent, no pot holders, the maintenance people where here so often I had to call them again to tighten the dead bolt screws. The hot water was not hot, the cold water wasn't cold. Hot and cold water was adjusted three days into the trip. The tv and wireless reception was awful in the bedroom where my friend needed to rest. Some of the staff didn't speak english at all and when I expressed my frustrated with this the Assistant Manager he said "you are in Miami"! What differnce should that have made. The Manager should had never lied to a guest, especially when word of mouth is the best advertising. I would never stay here again. No guest laundry, no recycling in this day in age is just crazy! The Manager acted like he didn't, care lieing is a very bad business behavior.

Room Tip: Make sure you find out if a full service kitchen is exactly that.
  • Stayed February 2016, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness

Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It was a great stay at the Provident this past weekend. The room was spacious - complete with a full kitchen, living room, 2 bathrooms, 2 tvs (1 in the bedroom, 1 in the living room.) The king bedroom was very spacious as well. The price was nice. The only con about this hotel/condo is the location. It is a little ways out from downtown Miami/Miami Beach, but it's worth the price when you get all the space. I've stayed down in South Beach and the rooms were small.

• Stayed February 2016, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I usually do not have time to write reviews, but I really had to share my experience at this beautiful property. The rooms are very comfortable, very spacious and modern kitchen. The staff was amazing from the moment we checked in. The Bellman was very attentive and the front office staff was extremely courteous and helpful from Maria Laura, Diana and the manager Antonio which was professional and always greeting every one coming in and out of the hotel. My kids and family loved the pool and the food at the restaurant. The hotel was conveniently located and close to great malls and easy access to the express ways. But overall the staff and the service provided by everyone was outstanding. Next time I go back to Miami I will definitely stay in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2015, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank freddy t
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The good - extremely spacious rooms with kitchen area, nice restaurant for lunch, pleasant front desk. The inconvenient - you have to drive everywhere (and parking is limited and traffic outside the resort a pain), room setup is clumsy (no phone/desk area for working, bed has shin blasting wooden board all around it) and the wifi is iffy (kept kicking in/off and didn't see secure). Maybe ok for a golf vacation but not great for business trip.

Stayed January 2016, traveled on business
1 Thank VM_Indy
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Front desk found us a room rather quickly as we checked in early. The unit was spacious, high ceilings, good kitchen, large bathroom. Bed was comfortable. I liked the balcony looking out onto a golf course hidden by trees, as we were on the first floor.
Could see staying there for a longer period.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great 'condo' type room with well-stocked kitchen. Very modern decor and amazing pool. Near several golf courses. Careful with the corners on the bed frame; very sharp and gashed my leg. Good access to 595.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
The Hague, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

During my last trip to Miami I have extend ed my trip dnd needed a place to stay. I booked Provident a couple of days before checking in. It was easy and straightforward.
Since I was already in Miami, I called to see if it was possible to check in early. On the phone they weren't able to provide me with an answer, but when I got there they accommodated my needs with no problem. Check in and out went fast and super friendly.

Stayed January 2016, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
InterContinental at Doral Miami
EuroSuites Hotel
EuroSuites Hotel
#9 of 22 in Doral
4.0 of 5 stars 284 reviews

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!