“Very Nice Hotel...but one detail” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

Save Saved
You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Doral
Cancun, Mexico
“Very Nice Hotel...but one detail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010 via mobile

The Hotel is Good and Clean, but the Mattress is so bad!! I could not sleep the whole night...

The need to change these matresses!! Everything else is nice..

512 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

The Hyatt Miami at The Blue was the best hotel experience I have ever had! My boyfriend and I were very pleased all around.....the resort was very clean and housekeeping did an excellent job of maintaining our suite every day. We stayed in the Junior Suite….EXCELLENT value!!!!!!!! We stayed on the top floor….great view of the golf course! We loved our suite so much that we took pictures before checking out:-) The food at the restaurant (5300 Chophouse) was AWESOME! We ate there every day:-) The servers were VERY friendly and we really, really enjoyed the food. Overall, the service was the BEST hands down....everyone was very nice and friendly. The location was great! Very private….we will definitely go back! As long as The Blue is there, we will ONLY stay there when visiting Miami.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

After reading reviews on Tripadvisor and Expedia, I booked the Hyatt Miami at the Blue for my wedding anniversary trip. I was very pleased with the smooth check-in, friendly staff, and even more pleased with the size of the room. I didn't realize how big the room was until I got there. It was fantastic - a king size bed with the most comfortable mattress, a living room / dining room area, and a fully equipped kitchen. A lot of thoughts went into this place - Cups, pots / pans (Cuisinart!) , plates and even paper cups in case you wanted to carry coffee outside. I loved the calm, neutral interior and tasteful decoration. And every single day, our room was meticulously rearranged and cleaned while we were out. My hubby and I will really miss the bathroom!! The shower was amazing, double sinks were awesome, and the bath tub was complete with a jacuzzi.

I can't comment on the restaurant / golf course / gym / spa because we were always out and didn't use the service.

I also loved how the hotel was generous with the towels. I've been to resorts where a fee was charged for taking towels outside of the hotel and didn't appreciate it. Not this place!! They were plenty of quality towels by the beautiful pool that you could take any time. It's funny how little thing like this can determine the impression of a hotel.

People commented on the long distance between the pool and the rooms. Because of the long distance between our room (building 13) and the pool, we always drove back and forth between the pool and the room. But I don't see how you can get around Miami without a car and you would have to rent a car anyway. So the fact that the rooms are spread out shouldn't be a problem if you have a car.

I've always vacationed in the Caribbean but I will strongly consider coming back to Miami with my family next time. And when I come back, I don't see how I will want to stay at a place other than the Blue. It's great value too in summertime. I've looked into the Hamptons, Martha's Vineyard and after comparing the prices, I decided coming to Hyatt Miami at the Blue was much better value. And it was a good decision :)

Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

Spectacular room next to pool that we owned(no one else in sight) However, waitress was not very attentive(22% tip added by hotel regardless of her service) she also did not even tell us it was happy hour & we lost about $30 there. Was gonna order dinner room serv, but was just turned off with that women. The room, patio & awesome rain shower still makes me want to go back. Booked thru hotel.com for bout $119. Little far from any atractions, but quiet & beautiful. Mentioned the pool issue to the food mgr. who was so apologetic, & wanted to make it right. I had already paid the bill, just letting him know the waitress pretty much sucked. Front desk check in/out really nice & professional. Top class in my opinion.

San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

Honestly! This jewel of a spot is an awesome resort for a wonderful get-away!

A vehicle is necessary, but local popular restaurants and shops are close by car. Beautiful tropical site and my suite was well worth a day or two in-doors. Beds extremely comfortable, huge bathrooms have separate/private enclosures for toilet - a plus when you and your mate are both using the room. Kitchen pleasant to the eye and appliances give the place a posh homey comfort. Spacious living room with sofa bed. Did not get a chance to use any of the extra amenities, due to the comfort of my room.

Far from the BEACH, but a car rental will get u there.

ONLY COMPLAINT...

I was unable to use the free internet "wirelessly". Apparently, each suite has its own wireless router. My suites' router was inoperable and upon complaint, they sent me a 25ft. ethernet cable. I was unable to use my laptop in the comfort of the bedroom; however, hard-wired it worked fine and I used from the dining area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Branford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I was traveling for work, and this hotel was really more a resort/timeshare style place. I got into Florida exhausted and about 6 hours before check-in, but the folks at the Hyatt got me right to my room. the rooms are fantastic, although the bed was just a wee bit too soft. The pool area is amazing and the service is second to none. I found myself wanting to go back to the hotel and relax each night versus sight-seeing. Also, their in-house restaurant was superb. I always saw maintenance and cleaning folks around the massive property; they definitely keep this place top-notch.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

I stayed here for 1 night; was going to surprise the wife but alas my experience went down in flames rather quickly.

First, I arrived by car but the guy at the gate did not have the reservation sheet so it took a few minutes for him to call in and verify that I was checking in to let me in.

I went to check in. I asked about my Diamond amenity. They only offer a food option - no beverage, so I passed for points. I asked for a map of the property - none (another guest also asked and there was none). I asked about breakfast and was told I would get a voucher later.

Some good points: Free Wi-Fi, Free Parking.

The room I was given was large, spacious, nicely decorated, with a kitchen. I was very surprised and very happy with it.

Later, a knock on the door from housekeeping. I said everything was okay because I was trying to "set the mood" for the wife before her arrival. The housekeeping person came in anyway - Who does that? Only for me to see 2 people at the door.

They then proceed to offer various explanations as why I need to be moved to another room. First, there was a problem with the room. I said I was happy and they could not explain the problem. Then they said they were shutting down all the rooms, but not moving anyone else? One slipped and mentioned that this room was meant for someone else... do I detect a hint of truth? Now, I was expected to give up my SUPER room for a crappier room at the end of the property (this is a sprawling property). I was upset and felt like I was being pushed around. I said I would call a manager.

About 15 min later a manager called and explained that this hotel is an owner condo/hotel (explains larger rooms) and the owners sometimes stay and Hyatt rents them out when they are not around. Well, it seems the owner is in town and wants his room after I am checked in and settled. Granted, this all maybe within their right but as a Diamond they are certainly going about it all wrong.

The phone continued to ring a few more times, and I gave it. It was clear that they wanted the room and did not care about me - and wanted me out. I drove back to the front desk and said not to charge me and let me go. I left.

The GM called me back the next day to apologize and offered me a free stay. To be honest, I will not return. I am only grateful that this did not occur while I wife was there as I would have been very embarrassed. They are new to Hyatt and have a nice property but the seem not to be able to handle the details well, especially with elites.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!