“Great room, very comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Receive 15% Off
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, UK
“Great room, very comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

This is a great place to stay the rooms were huge & we even had a TV in the bathroom, We had a large fridge with our own cooker & microwave in the kitchen. The only problem is that the rooms are located in 15 separate buildings to the lobby so a car has to pick you up & drop you off.

Otherwise it is close to the Dolphin mall & 15-20mins from the airport.
I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Sao Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I strongly recommend Hyatt at the blue. Free parking and free wireless internet.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

This is an amazing hotel. A little gem. Also it shares somehow the golf course with another propriety this is a Hyatt propriety. The service is excellent, the rooms are excellent. Amazing!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
houston, texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

Stayed here for three days both before and after a cruise in February. The locations is a little remote if you are planning on spending time in Miami. The golf courses at Doral are a short walk away and you can also enjoy the restaurants next door if you don't mind the distance. The amount of space is great since it is someone's condo. Has a nice kitchen area and large bedroom. Just don't expect hotel type services, too. The front desk had no idea as to what restaurants were nearby so check this out before you go. We ended up driving around to find a non-chain place to eat.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

This hotel has great rooms and service. As we checked in we were greeted by a friendly security guard. He showed us were the check in desk was. As we pulled up they greeted us by our names and opened the door for us. Check in was a breeze gave us a room in building 5. We had a suite and it was well worth the extra money. The room was huuuuge. It had 2 bathrooms 1 with a plaza screen TV. The layout did not make muck sense though. There was 1 bathrooms literally rite next to each other and the 2 double beds were in the same room. It did have a pool out couch and a kitchen. The room was extremely modern and not like any hotel we have stayed at. The pool and the hot tub were very nice. We did not eat at any of the restaurants nor did we play golf.
The Cons:
A little bit out of the way.
Charged us 30 dollars at check out for the steak house which we never went to
We called to confirm our reservations and we booked before it was the Hyatt Miami at the blue. They said we had a king bed although on the reservation was 2 double beds. They connected my 10 times and they still denied we had a 2 double bed suite. We asked them if they wanted us to forward the e mail and they said they would fix it. An hour later they finally did fix it.
The wet bar prices were SO high for a 8 ounce can of coke 3 dollars for a bag of m and chips 4 dollars each.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

Do NOT stay here unless you are on vacation and have A LOT of patience. While the guest rooms are beautiful, the rest of the resort is woefully lacking. The meeting rooms and service are pitiful. Here is the email I sent Hyatt:
I had reserved a meeting room for 3 hours to seat 15-20 people. I had requested the LCD support package. When I arrived at the meeting room 45 minutes prior to my meeting, I found the accomodations to be woefully lacking. Contrary to what was stated in the contract, there was no LCD support and only appropriate seating for 8. I ended up moving furnmiture myself to try to make the venue more user-friendly. In addition, when I called the front desk to rectify the situation I received many promises, but no service. Three phone calls later I still had no service. One hour went by before someone responded. The catering manager I worked with was not on site nor was she available to fix this situation. By the time my meeting was to start I still had no AV capabilities. The AV cart never arrived. The extension cord arrived 15 minutes after my meeting had started. In addition, there was no signage in the lobby or outside to direct guests to the meeting place. The meeting room was located amongst guest rooms and indistinguishable from the guest rooms. Without signage and direction, my guests had an extremely difficult time finding me. I have no doubt I lost business due to the Hyatt Miami at the Blue. I fulfilled my end of the contract and the Hyatt did not fulfill its end of the contract. I would not use this property again nor will I recommend it to other businesses looking for a suitable meeting location. I do feel I am owed a refund for breach of contract and no service on the part of the Hyatt.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

I stayed at the Blue Miami for six days and 5 nights. I had a wonderful time. The rooms are huge and clean. The staff is very friendly and courteous. I stayed in the golf view suite. The room is a oversized studio, comes with a small hallway that leads to a kitchenette with a full size refrigerator, stove, dishes diswasher etc. The kitchen was great for cooking all stove top meals and saved us alot of money.The bathroom is oversized and has a seperate room for your shower, and toilet. There are his and her sinks which i loved and on the other side of the bathroom there is a large jacuzzi style tube. The bathrom is tiled and large. There is also a color/satelite telvison in the bathroom that i watched while i got dressed. The bedroom section beyond the kitchen and bathroom is large and beautifully arranged. The bedding is earthtone colors and the headboard is cream and brown leather. The carpet in the room is cream and very clean. Across from the bed are large closets built into the wall that neatly store your clothes without it looking noticible. There is a very large color/satelite televison about 47 in. in the livingroom area that swivels to face the bedroom area as well. The livingroom area has earthtone colors and was clean, neat and comfortable. The couch is a pull out couch as well. The seating area to the right of the living room area was comfortable and well situated. Beyond the livingroom and the seating area are sliding glass doors that lead to a large private balcony. The balcony has wooden seating and a table along with a fan for warm days. From the balcony you can see the beautiful golf course. The outdoor pool was geat and located near the main check in area. The pool was heated and even on a cooler day was comfortable. The jacuzzi was equally as comfortable and beautiful. The pool is surrounded by cabanas and a full outdoor bar. The building where you check in has a great resturant and bar that is romantic and intimate along with dim lighting and linen table cloths. The resort is great and I would definately return without a question. The only negative experiences that I had were the following. The staff would make promises that they could not keep although that were very friendly and courteous. In addtion, every room should come with a DVD player and mine did not have one. I called almost everyday that I stayed there to the front desk to request one and everyday I was told that they would do there best to provide me with one, It never happened!!! The acutally made me really upset because I came prepared after doing research about my room with a case full of cd's. I felt like I was being blown off about the room not having one. Nothing was done about my issue even when I mentioned it to management and staff. Very disappointing!!! Another thing that bothered me is how the resort is situated by a busy road. Thankfully you can not hear the noise in your suites, but when I was relaxing in he pool I could hear cars wizing by. Lastly, a few times when my room was cleaned, the would do a perfect job but not leave necessities like washcloths, diswashing powder for the diswasher, liquid soap for the dishes, sponge to clean the counter etc. I found this annoying because I had to call for these things when I realized that I did not have them and sometimes it would be at diffrent times. I felt that I should not have to take an inventory of what I need in the room because that is not my job. When these items were requested it took on avearage between 20 to 45 min to receive these things. I found that annyoing because I had to wait until someone came before my husband and I could decide what we wanted to do next. Aside from those negative experiences my overall experience was excellent and I would definately reccomend this resort to everyone. I just feel like I would have walked away happier either with a DVD player during my stay or some type of compenstation from management for me paying for something in my room that I never had.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!