“Tired and a bit lost (and that wasn't just me)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Doral
“Tired and a bit lost (and that wasn't just me)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Had to find a hotel as my flight was delayed and missed my connecting flight. Decided to go for the provident as it was close to the airport and looked nice in the pictures.... Well it's more of an apartment complex than a hotel. The rooms feel a little tired and lost in their location and set up. The restaurant is nice but breakfast is not included or not in the deal we had. Apart from the golf course being next to it I'm not too sure what kind of hotel this is...

Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Oldsmar, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I promised to take my niece to provident blue. We had a great stay and the hotels location was minutes from where we wanted to be. Hotel staff from check in to gate security were friendly and informative. Love the onsite restaurant and lounge .... Do your self a favor stay here

Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for your review and recommendation of Provident Doral at the Blue. Staff and management are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and visit with us again soon. Please note you always find the best rates at theblue.com
Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Hubs and I were here in February 2015, then over the July 4th weekend and then back again from July 24th-28th. It is pretty much our go-to place for every Miami stay and we always have a great time! It's not excessively far from anywhere and the rooms are pretty fantastic for the money. I don't have too many complaints really- no utensils in the kitchen (I wrote a note to the maid but still waiting for that knife lol), faulty A/C that we reported one morning and was not attended to until the following day, a pretty bad sewage smell close to the pool a few nights we were there. No deal breakers really, it is overall a pretty great place to stay and since I have noted that there is a lot of remedial work going on in and around the property this may remain our go-to place to hang our hats while on vacation....at least for a couple more stays!

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your repeat business and loyalty. Staff and management are delighted to be of service to you for your third visit however, disappointed to read that there were some issues during this stay. Customer service is our #1 priority and we would like to apologize for missing the mark. Please believe that we will discuss this with the appropriate department heads for immediate resolution. Thank you for your business and candid review
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this property August 7th, 8th, and left the 9th. I was in building 11 in room 1111 and it was fantastic! The bathrooms are huge with a walk in shower and a Jacuzzi bathtub also. The bathroom has a TV in it that you can turn and watch from the bathtub. The room is huge with a balcony. Full kitchen and washer and dryer. I was down in Miami for the Friday Night Festival and stayed the whole weekend. I would recommend this property to anyone wanting a relaxing home away from home. I will be back to stay a week very soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Provident Doral is a beautiful resort with great condo style rooms. My buddies and I went on a golf vacation and the 3 bedroom condo was perfect for us! We golfed at Doral's Blue Monster and Red Course and we were not impressed! Florida golf is so boring and with limited views surrounding the facility! We were shuttled back to the hotel each day by the staff and the place was relaxing. The pool is okay and service was terrific.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Provident Doral at the Blue is an excellent well maintained hotel for a good price, considering what is offered. The apartment is really huge,well equipped with dining room, spacious closets and a very fully equipped kitchen (including dish washer).
The bathroom area is really large and has separate bathroom facilities. The free Internet worked perfectly. Staff is accommodating and professional.
Unfortunately, we had no time to enjoy this hotel a lot. Even though we stayed there for four days, we had no time to try the resort-style pool that seems to be fantastic. The parking lot, in front of the units is, as well, very convenient. In my opinion, the only downfall was the distance to my points of interest, which demanded more time to accomplish my goals, but we are considering to go back only to chill out and enjoy the hotel.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Wakefield, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My vacation was a nightmare that wouldn't end thanks to this place. I stayed in room 109- a one bedroom deluxe suite. My brother slept on the sofa bed and they refused to provide him with a blanket or comforter. Upon my inspection of the bathroom I noticed soap scum and mildew all up in the shower. In my bedroom I noticed ants crawling everywhere I contacted the front desk they told me they would send housekeeping up waited 2 hours and they never showed called again same day at 11:30 pm explained the ants are all over the sheets all the front desk man did was change the sheets the ants were still there. Asked for a room change "sorry we have no extra rooms". Next day called first thing in the morning about ants again my complaint was brushed off and ignored so I walked to the front desk and complained again. Nothing was ever done so for an entire week I had ants crawling all over my electronics, in my suitcase they were everywhere- so nasty. Then this group of about 40 people took over the pool&bar and had their own nightclub out there until 2am nobody shut it down it was terrible I thought this was a place for people with some class. Then the dishwasher in our room wasn't working so I called the front desk yet again and they were aware the entire time and she asked me if I need to use the dishwasher... DUH! Also the WI-FI wouldn't work for crap in our room. I'm more ticked off at the fact they were aware of ALL of these issues before I even checked in and still put us up in the most run down, filthy, disgusting room. Upon check out I explained how horrible my stay was and to rectify this she tried to buy us off with free breakfast I just laughed.

Room Tip: Stay down the road at the Trump National Doral
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the the time to provide such valuable feedback regarding your stay at the Blue. I would like to first apologize for the issues you had regarding service and pests. I would like to discuss this with you further. Customer service is our number one priority, and to say I am disappointed we missed the mark is an understatement. Your business and satisfaction is very important to staff and management. I feel confident I can make this right.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
Element Miami Doral
#3 of 22 in Doral
4.5 of 5 stars 39 reviews
Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami/Brickell-Downtown

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!