“Filthy, lacking customer service absolute dump” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Wakefield, Rhode Island
“Filthy, lacking customer service absolute dump”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My vacation was a nightmare that wouldn't end thanks to this place. I stayed in room 109- a one bedroom deluxe suite. My brother slept on the sofa bed and they refused to provide him with a blanket or comforter. Upon my inspection of the bathroom I noticed soap scum and mildew all up in the shower. In my bedroom I noticed ants crawling everywhere I contacted the front desk they told me they would send housekeeping up waited 2 hours and they never showed called again same day at 11:30 pm explained the ants are all over the sheets all the front desk man did was change the sheets the ants were still there. Asked for a room change "sorry we have no extra rooms". Next day called first thing in the morning about ants again my complaint was brushed off and ignored so I walked to the front desk and complained again. Nothing was ever done so for an entire week I had ants crawling all over my electronics, in my suitcase they were everywhere- so nasty. Then this group of about 40 people took over the pool&bar and had their own nightclub out there until 2am nobody shut it down it was terrible I thought this was a place for people with some class. Then the dishwasher in our room wasn't working so I called the front desk yet again and they were aware the entire time and she asked me if I need to use the dishwasher... DUH! Also the WI-FI wouldn't work for crap in our room. I'm more ticked off at the fact they were aware of ALL of these issues before I even checked in and still put us up in the most run down, filthy, disgusting room. Upon check out I explained how horrible my stay was and to rectify this she tried to buy us off with free breakfast I just laughed.

Room Tip: Stay down the road at the Trump National Doral
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed 2 nights in the 3 bedroom villa. Very spacious, nicely furnished.
Some quirky features, such as multi-sectioned drapery panels that fall off their mount quite easily, bedroom door handles pull off easily, bedframe that can be hard on the shin bones, and either scalding hot or lukewarm shower/faucet water.
Had to wait over an hour after check-in time , but manager Antonio offered a late check out to accommodate us. Over all, pros outweigh the cons.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for your business and review. I am delighted to read that for the most part you enjoyed your stay. I would like to advise that we are in the process of replacing all of the drapery here at the Blue. I am sorry that this had a negative impact on your visit however, I am pleased that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay. Please come back and visit with us again soon.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

When we first attempted checked in we had to wait more than 2 hours to get the room. The studio room looked great except for the tub was dirty with hair and black spots, and some of the lights didn't work. The wifi did not work the whole time even though a repair man came by to "fix" it. With all the problems that arose, we asked for an extended check out time. They gave us new key cards, which stopped working at the original check out time anyway. I enjoyed the location but I wish the service and quality of maintenance was different.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out to review Provident Blue! I would like to sincerely apologize for the short comings you experienced during your visit, especially regarding housekeeping and service. I can assure you that this will be discussed in our managers meeting and each department head will be better train their staff to prevent this from happening in the future. It is with candid feedback such as yours that The Blue can continue to grow and improve our guest experience. Thank you for your candid feedback and business.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This place used to be a Hyatt, and was quite nice. This is sadly no longer the case. We just checked in today for four nights (unlucky us), and the only positive is the spacious room. Everything is old and tired. The "fully stocked kitchen" has three plates, almost no cutlery, and absolutely nothing else (no kitchen knives, utensils, mixing spoons, etc.). Apparently a toaster requires a special request. I bought a salad at Publix, only thing I could mix it in was one of the two pots they have here. Making Kraft dinner in this kitchen would be a challenge. You also need to bring your own dish soap.

The elevator in our building has been not working for some time (building six, see other reviews). The front desk acted surprised about this. Puzzling when the maid tells us it has been down for ages. At least mention it and offer help with our bags maybe?

I asked for a visit from the manager. I would like to see her/him attempt to make a place setting in my kitchen that at least approximates one of the pictures on their website. I have not heard back.

I included a picture to give an idea of what is included in this kitchen (empty drawers). The funny thing is that there is a cutting board. Aside from the three bread knives, there is nothing to cut anything with here.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and repeat business. It is very disappointing to read that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. There are no excuses to justify your experience however, the hotel was struck by lightening and we are diligently working on repairs from the damage. We are undergoing a renovation to replace carpeting and drapery. I look forward to welcoming you back as my guest to see all of the positive improvements that have been made once completed. Please feel free to contact me personally should you like to further discuss your stay. Your business is paramount to our success here at Provident Blue. Thank you for giving us another opportunity to make your most recent stay right with us.
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This resort was great! Got a great deal on Hotwire for $100 for one night. Was a large suite. Had a large bathroom with separate shower, jetted tub and two sinks. There was a kitchenette area that had stove, refrigerator, sink, dishwasher and dishes. The bed was very comfortable and we slept very well. There was also a sitting area with a pull out coach. The room had a balcony that faced a golf course. Was a great place to stay only wish we had stayed here a little longer.

Stayed July 2015
Thank you for your review and recommendation! We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and was able to get such a great discount for your stay with us. Please come back and visit with us again soon. Please remember you can always get the best pricing by calling the hotel direct.
Sakskoebing, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Looking great on photos and the welcome is nice in a beautiful reception.
Our room/appartment is located in house no 6. The lift is out of order. The kitchen isn't fully equiped. Missing towels in the bathroom. It all lookes dirty and totally out worn, and when we arrived there were garbage floating all over the place. And we can't call the reception by the phone.
This is where will stay for the last four days of our holiday in Florida. It's going to be four long days.

BTW the WI-FI is great!

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review Provident Blue. Your response is very difficult to read however, it is imperative for management to know so we may make an immediate improvement. I would like to personally apologize for the elevator not being operable. This has since been remedied as it was unforeseen damage after being struck by lightening. Regarding the conditional items in the rooms, this is unacceptable and will be discussed with the appropriate department heads. The hotel is undergoing a in room renovation consisting of carpeting and drapery. I look forward to welcoming your back to see all of the improvement made. Thank you for your business and providing such details regarding your experience.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am currently a guest in 1102. Since I was promoted to president of my company I need to be in Miami often. I thought I had found the perfect place. Monday was fine & then Tuesday I arrived in my room & there was no internet. I called the front desk, they said it must just be my room, because they had internet & they would send someone right away. An hour & 15 min later still no one. I called again the front desk said ok will send someone immediately. Another hour & still no one. I called again & they proceed to tell me that the internet is down everywhere & they were trying to fix. I said I wish they would have called & told me that instead of having me wait for someone that is not coming. At this point I had wanted to order room service, but did not what people in & out of my room while I was eating, so I had waited. Then I get a call from the front desk that says unplug & plug in my modem/router. I did still did not work, told them that. They said they will continue to try & fix. I had very important reports & info that needed to be to clients that evening & I was not able to make that deadline. Which cost me money, not to mention unhappy clients. The internet as of today Wednesday at 2pm has not been fixed. I have left multiple messages for Antonio the manager & have not received a call back. I called the front desk & told them that I need to try to find another hotel for Wednesday night that had internet so I could work. I told her that I would call them back if I was checking out. She told me in an unpleasant tone that I MUST tell her right now or they would charge me for the night whether I checked out or not. Of course this was very upsetting to me & told her that the manager needed to call me back. At this point I still have heard nothing from the manager.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your business and providing details of your stay on TripAdvisor. I would like to personally apologize for the short comings you experienced during your visit. I would like to to advise you and all of the readers that the hotel is undergoing a massive upgrade to our internet provider, bandwidth and services. We will have the best technology in Doral. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel to see all of the positive improvements we have made. Thank you for your candid feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
Element Miami Doral
#3 of 21 in Doral
4.5 of 5 stars 29 reviews
Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami/Brickell-Downtown

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!