“Great appearance, poor service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Orlando, Florida
“Great appearance, poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

When we first attempted checked in we had to wait more than 2 hours to get the room. The studio room looked great except for the tub was dirty with hair and black spots, and some of the lights didn't work. The wifi did not work the whole time even though a repair man came by to "fix" it. With all the problems that arose, we asked for an extended check out time. They gave us new key cards, which stopped working at the original check out time anyway. I enjoyed the location but I wish the service and quality of maintenance was different.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This place used to be a Hyatt, and was quite nice. This is sadly no longer the case. We just checked in today for four nights (unlucky us), and the only positive is the spacious room. Everything is old and tired. The "fully stocked kitchen" has three plates, almost no cutlery, and absolutely nothing else (no kitchen knives, utensils, mixing spoons, etc.). Apparently a toaster requires a special request. I bought a salad at Publix, only thing I could mix it in was one of the two pots they have here. Making Kraft dinner in this kitchen would be a challenge. You also need to bring your own dish soap.

The elevator in our building has been not working for some time (building six, see other reviews). The front desk acted surprised about this. Puzzling when the maid tells us it has been down for ages. At least mention it and offer help with our bags maybe?

I asked for a visit from the manager. I would like to see her/him attempt to make a place setting in my kitchen that at least approximates one of the pictures on their website. I have not heard back.

I included a picture to give an idea of what is included in this kitchen (empty drawers). The funny thing is that there is a cutting board. Aside from the three bread knives, there is nothing to cut anything with here.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This resort was great! Got a great deal on Hotwire for $100 for one night. Was a large suite. Had a large bathroom with separate shower, jetted tub and two sinks. There was a kitchenette area that had stove, refrigerator, sink, dishwasher and dishes. The bed was very comfortable and we slept very well. There was also a sitting area with a pull out coach. The room had a balcony that faced a golf course. Was a great place to stay only wish we had stayed here a little longer.

Stayed July 2015
Sakskoebing, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Looking great on photos and the welcome is nice in a beautiful reception.
Our room/appartment is located in house no 6. The lift is out of order. The kitchen isn't fully equiped. Missing towels in the bathroom. It all lookes dirty and totally out worn, and when we arrived there were garbage floating all over the place. And we can't call the reception by the phone.
This is where will stay for the last four days of our holiday in Florida. It's going to be four long days.

BTW the WI-FI is great!

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am currently a guest in 1102. Since I was promoted to president of my company I need to be in Miami often. I thought I had found the perfect place. Monday was fine & then Tuesday I arrived in my room & there was no internet. I called the front desk, they said it must just be my room, because they had internet & they would send someone right away. An hour & 15 min later still no one. I called again the front desk said ok will send someone immediately. Another hour & still no one. I called again & they proceed to tell me that the internet is down everywhere & they were trying to fix. I said I wish they would have called & told me that instead of having me wait for someone that is not coming. At this point I had wanted to order room service, but did not what people in & out of my room while I was eating, so I had waited. Then I get a call from the front desk that says unplug & plug in my modem/router. I did still did not work, told them that. They said they will continue to try & fix. I had very important reports & info that needed to be to clients that evening & I was not able to make that deadline. Which cost me money, not to mention unhappy clients. The internet as of today Wednesday at 2pm has not been fixed. I have left multiple messages for Antonio the manager & have not received a call back. I called the front desk & told them that I need to try to find another hotel for Wednesday night that had internet so I could work. I told her that I would call them back if I was checking out. She told me in an unpleasant tone that I MUST tell her right now or they would charge me for the night whether I checked out or not. Of course this was very upsetting to me & told her that the manager needed to call me back. At this point I still have heard nothing from the manager.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Booked a long weekend stay at The Blue (formerly Hyatt at The Blue).
Location: Fantastic, right in front of the brand new Doral Downtown and close to at least 6 great golf courses.
Staff & Services: Great warmth and friendly people ready to help you at anytime.
Room and Facilities: Rooms are big, with great matresses and pillows, bathrooms are fantastic. The balcony in the backyard may need some renovation, it used to be more beautiful
Opportunities: for golfers it will be nice to make some partnerships with near golf courses to offer special deals for guest or at least have some type of Golf Now access with special fares, otherwise it will be nice not to promoted as a golf resort
Recommendation: definitely a winner, will recomend to family and friends

Ennis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff was very courteous and helpful. Fast response to questions and service request. Its in a great location with several restaurants and shopping variations. The 24 hour pool was the greatest!!! I would recommend it to anyone vacationing in this area. This was my first time staying here.

Room Tip: Book early!