“Totally Into My Room!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
UP TO 15% SAVINGS!
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Totally Into My Room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The amenities inside the rooms are incredible! Some, I'd never seen before. And I consider myself a seasoned traveler. Like the pulldown top hanging rack of the closet. The washer and dryer set. Or simply the enormity of the room and the TV. There's even a TV in the bathroom! The restaurant has delicious food. The only drawbacks are the missed opportunities at the pool bar. Since I was here on business I could not make it to the pool until about five. By then, there was no bartender to be seen and I would have ordered drinks and food nightly. But I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here the day before our cruise and the day after our cruise. I will say that the room was very spacious - however, both of the places that we stayed in were so dirty!! I would highly recommend wearing shoes while in the room! The carpet is so gross and your feet will be so dirty if you don't! Our daughter used the bathtub and some water got on the floor and I used a towel to wipe it up - the towel was dirty which tells me that the bathroom floor also wasn't clean. While it had a kitchen, the plates/cups/silverware, etc. available were very limited (chipped, etc.). It also would have been nice had there been maybe dish towels or paper towel available.

The 2nd time we stayed, the room didn't not have enough towels and there was no bedding in the room for the pullout which we had to use.

I will say the the pool is awesome! It's very big, the water is warm, plenty of chairs/tables available, etc. Be prepared to pull out some big bucks though if you want drinks or soda at the pool! Drinks were actually cheaper on our cruise than at the pool bar here - and that is saying something!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The space and size of the accommodation was excellent and decor modern and clean however there were issues with service that were painful. Visit 1 - we couldn't check in until after 5pm as previous occupants checked out late?! compensation of 25%off at restaurant was more pitiful than the excuse. Visit 2 - 3 phone calls and one in person trip to reception required before I got a duvet for use on sofa bed. If service issues were not encountered I would have awarded 4stars.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is hotel is ideally located in Doral. However under new management by Provident the property is beginning to show signs of poor management compared to when it was under the Hyatt brand. If you got used to the amenities under the Hyatt brand then don't expect this at The Blue . There is a notepad but no pen by the telephone, carpets are worn and dirty, the kitchen has pots and pans but no cooking utensils. The upside of this hotel is the huge rooms in the villas.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Patricia G, Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your stay here at The Blue. I would like for you to know we actually offer more services and amenities from when it was a Hyatt. Provident Hotels and Resorts specializes in condo hotels and we pride ourselves by providing the best quality and services in the industry in all our Hotels and Resorts. I am happy to tell you we have already started the process of changing out all the Mattresses, Window treatments and carpeting in all our Suites. This project could not be performed during our busy season but is under way and will be completed in the next few months. I will follow up with our team as to why there was no pen in your suite as that is a part of the inspection process when finalizing the suite. Please contact me should you have any questions or concerns or need any other information regarding the additional services we provide to our guests as it is important this information is shared with you upon check in.

Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was only here for one night, but I have to say that the service was great and that the room that I was in was incredible. Everything was very clean and neat and very nicely laid out. Definitely a great place to stay with the family with.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Cheddi R, Thank you for your much appreciated comments regarding your quick stay here at The Blue. Hopefully next time you will get to stay longer and enjoy all the amenities The Blue has to offer. Please remember that you will ALWAYS find the lowest rates by booking directly through the hotel or by booking online at THEBLUE.COM
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited and stayed in Miami in January. Reception was a distance from my room but I've been told this is fairly normal in Miami hotels. My room was absolutely ginormous which was lovely. Location wise excellent and just 25 mins to the airport via taxi. As I was working unfortunately there was no time for use of the facilities but everything looked great.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Emily B, Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay here at The Blue. I am glad you enjoyed all that The Blue has to offer and you are absolutely correct. Our standard room is over 800sq ft. which is almost double the size of your standard box hotel room. Our 1b suites are 1100 sq. ft. and our Villas consist of 3 bedrooms 4 full bathrooms and is over 2200 sq. ft. We look forward to your next stay with us here at The Blue and please remember you will always find the lowest rates by booking directly through the hotel or by booking online at THEBLUE.COM
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you want glitz and glamour, this is not your hotel. But if you prefer larger than average rooms with a nice kitchen, great bathroom, great bedding and sheets, and modern amenities, then this is the place for you. The pool is too small to be inviting, and the food is not worth it (quality and value), but the rooms are just right. Great for my two boys (14,15) and I for a one week golf school at Jim McLean. We walked every morning to the golf school, just 5 minutes away. The rooms are just off the Blue Monster, so golf is huge here.
If you want Doral, and don't want to spend your wad at Donald's place just next door, then this may work for you.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!