“Our lastest anniversary experience....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
UP TO 15% SAVINGS!
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Our lastest anniversary experience....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and myself always take 2-3 days to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Unfortunately since we grew impatient after a year long engagement, we married in February! We trend towards golf and water activities which can be difficult at this time of the year. We had reservations to stay in Georgia and a winter storm forecast caught my attention so we quickly cancelled the day before and headed south! We were able to reserve a room for 3 days at the Provident Doral at The Blue Miami in less than 24 hours notice! We even received a slight discount for booking the 3rd day. The cost was reasonable considering the average winter rates in South Florida. I knew from the moment we walked up to the front desk this would be a pleasant stay. The staff members were so nice and helpful and as I explored the lobby and facilities there was this almost exotic,if you will, aroma that was truly relaxing after a 5 1/2 hour drive.
Our room was easy to locate, parking was free, and close to our building. The room was clean, very spacious, and had a balcony to sit and have coffee in the mornings! The full kitchen made it convenient to prepare our food when we chose to stay in... Large screen TV was easily enjoyed from the bed or the couch. The rather large bathroom had double sinks so my wife and myself could spruce up simultaneously! It also had a flat screen tv that could be viewed from the garden tub/Jacuzzi. My favorite was the shower stall with large shower head that felt like standing in a rain storm except the water was as hot as you preferred and unlimited! Wonderful after a full day! The large heated swimming pool was great day or night plenty of chairs and towels. The first time Ive ever enjoyed swimming in February without a wetsuit! There were 3 golf courses and a spa on site, little pricey but cheaper alternatives were close. Lastly, the staff and housekeepers were nice, helpful, and prompt. One of our best anniversaries yet!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Tarpon Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed in room 1513 and wsa upgraded from regular room to a 3 bedroom suite. Looked like an apartment but was very dated. Door knobs on three of the doors did not work properly and the room needed upgrading. All my others travelers voices the same concerns from their rooms as well. The area between where we were all staying needed a car to get from point A to point B. The lounge area is very small and no good restaurant on site.

Room Tip: Take a look at the room first before you accept even an upgrade.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is very pleasant and quiet. The lobby is very elegant and smells fantastic.

Check- in is smooth and the front desk employees are extremely friendly.

We stayed only for one night, but would have liked to stay longer because of the peace and quiet.

The rooms are large and have a fully equipped kitchen. Very convenient for families or even for a honeymoon.

Very nice property.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Belize City, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We decided to stay at this property since my boyfriend was able to get a really nice military discount with them for the Valentine weekend. We were amazed at the size of the entire room upon walking in. My favorite features were the gigantic rain shower in the bathroom and the amazingly comfortable bed. Our only issue was with the type of drapes they have up on the windows which kept falling down repeatedly because the velcro didn't hold. The hotel staff were quite quick to respond to our request to have it fixed but it just kept falling off which was annoying.
The kitchen was wonderfully equipped with glasses, plates and utensils which made us feel like we were at home. Parking was always a relief because somehow the way the property is designed, everyone always seemed to have a parking spot quite close to their room building. This is definitely somewhere I don't mind revisiting and staying again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your stay here at Provident Doral at The Blue. I am so happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations during the Valentine Weekend. I am also happy to announce we are in the process of replacing all the window treatments in all our units as well as mattresses and carpeting. This project should be completed by May 2015. We look forward to your return visit and please remember you will ALWAYS find the lowest rates by calling the hotel directly or by booking through THEBLUE.COM
HOUSTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is my 2nd time staying at this property. What I like most is the size of the room and full size kitchen. The furnishings are nice; however the room really needs to cleaned, scrubbed, and dusted. The window seals were dirty. Dust had gathered on the nightstands and phone. The curtains were not clean and they are hung by velcro. On both of my visits to this property the velcro came apart when I tried to open the the curtain and it ended up hanging. We noticed a few ants but did not feel like moving to another room. I knew from my first visit that there is not much of a view from any of the rooms. All of the patios face bushes and shrubs. This hotel is a GREAT value for the size of the room and the amenities and I would probably stay here again. I would be pleased to see cleaner rooms and a more comfortable bed. The bed feels like a mattress on a wooden board. The lighting could also be better... Especially for those that apply make-up.

Room Tip: Don't expect to get a room with a good view. All of the patios face trees and shrubs.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for a night and had a great time. Staff was real friendly. Just had two issues with the cleaning lady blocking the hallway entrance with her cleaning cart, she had a little attitude when I was trying to get by, but there was also another small lady there that was O so nice. The other problem that I had is when I was checking out, the guy at the front desk didn't want to hand me anything in my hand. I forgot his name but he was a Hispanic slightly heavyset dude and when we told him about being charged twice by mistake he came up with all shorts of excesses, but he apologize. Overall great place to stay, will come again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Business travel took us to Miami and we get a great corporate discount at the Blue. We were constantly busy so I didn't have time to take advantage of the many amenities they have. The rooms are huge, and have all the comforts of home. There are plenty of TV's and the bed was comfy. Although in Miami, the constant presence of staff made this lay out feel relatively safe. It's pretty spread out, so the higher number the hotel room the farther from the front desk. However I called to request a ride and it was there before I made it out of the room. Ate a few times at the restaurant and it was very good.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!