“A great value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
UP TO 15% SAVINGS!
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Florida
“A great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here recently for 2 nights while visiting Miami and LOVED it. Maria at the front desk is every bit as good as described in the reviews. It is always such a pleasure to deal with competent and upbeat people : )

We booked our room directly with the hotel (just read the hotel's feedback from the various reviews and you'll see the "hint") and I am sure that as a result we were automatically upgraded prior to arrival. Of course it will always depend on availability, but why not place the odds of getting an upgrade more in your favor if you can? We booked the King room and ended up with the King 1 BR suite which has 2 huge full baths, one of which has a jacuzzi tub.

The room was quite large, and the towels/linens were of a very good quality. The bedroom was also large and the bed comfy. There was also a balcony, but the views were very limited in building 13 due to the palm tree "hedge."

The kitchen was equipped with a minimum amount of items....a few plates, a couple of bowls, service for 4 forks, spoons, butter knives and a few pots/pans, but no cork screw. The fridge cooled our beer and half and half (for the coffee). There is a single cup coffee maker that did a great job, and a stove and nice microwave as well.

As often described, the property is an unusual "hotel" as it is more of a condo than a typical hotel. Each building has 16 units and there are 15 buildings, with #15 being the farthest from the front desk. And yes, it is quite a trek to get there. We were curious about the property's location to Miami, so we decided to time the drive there and from the time that we left the property until we reached downtown it was 19 minutes and change. Keep in mind this was on a Saturday with little traffic to deal with.....picking the "wrong time" could easily double the journey. We drove straight up 36th street, took FL 112 to I-95....very easy to do.

We ate breakfast in the restaurant one morning and it was pretty good. If we visit again, unless we are in a pinch we'll probably eat off the property as there are lots of options to choose from.

Parking is free and safe here, unlike many places in the area. The not being free part is not nearly as troublesome as the "safe" part....keep this in mind when considering where to stay on your visit. This place is gated and has a security guard at the only entrance in or out.

We also were pleased to discover that WIFI is free and included with the stay....didn't recall reading reviews commenting on this so we assumed it wasn't included.

We would absolutely recommend this place to our friends. I would also suggest that they book directly with the hotel to get the best deal/upgrade.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Booked the suites for two night romance package, the website gives the information about the package but the staff is not educated on their products.I was told by the hostess in the restaurant the limit is $30 per couple,on check out I was told,I need to pay for breakfast,when I spoke to the front desk clerk it's $50 per day per couple.

• Stayed February 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

my room was beautiful , the restaurant was great, and the overall service was impeccable .
A personal note to Maria you were a gracious host to all of us and we thank you again "you will go far with this company" Keith

Cambridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When I arrived at this hotel I was told my booking had been cancelled and there were no rooms for me to stay in. Ok I had changed dates of my stay but I had emailed well in advance to reservations informing them of this....I was also told I was going to be charged for my supposed "late" arrival to add insult injury. This left me high and dry in Doral at 10 o'clock at night after a 14 hr journey.

All of that is sort of understandable but I emailed next day to contest the fact I had been charged and have been completely ignored which I think is a little rough as I really haven't done anything wrong and was polite when my booking was cancelled.

I am just worried that if this is the level of customer service supplied by this hotel then I would avoid it.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Vincent H, Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your cancelled reservation here at Provident Doral at The Blue. Unfortunately when a guest does not show up for their original reservation without notice or if booked through a 3rd party booking source we are forced to charge a no show fee as the property was sold out. Our in house reservations department tried contacting you several times as to check the status of your reservation as during this time of year The Blue is usually in a sell out status and every room is needed. After not being able to contact you we unfortunately had to cancel your reservation to assure we have all rooms available to sell. I am sorry about the confusion if you would like to discuss further please feel free to contact me directly so that I can share the information with you.
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We booked for a single night prior to cruising out of Miami & were very pleased. We normally stay downtown, closer to the Port, but this was a last-minute trip & we couldn't find an vacancies. The Provident Doral was a pleasant surprise with a HUGE suite for less money than we normally pay for a downtown room. Well worth the price of the room & it is still conveniently located to pretty much anything we'd want to do. This is likely to become our new default hotel in Miami. The front desk staff was super friendly & the room is clean. It's not brand new, or even recently remodeled, but more-than-suffient for the night. There's a lot of construction happening across the street but it didn't cause any traffic problems. I'm not sure what they're building but it looks nice & just reinforces the thought that we'll be back. Plus it's only 25-30 minutes from the Port (which is no big deal to us). Anyways, we recommend checking it out as a good alternative to the downtown hotels - plus you won't have to mess with the traffic or valet parking. Woohoo!

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Mapleville, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We checked in at the Provident very last minute (6:00AM) after high-tailing it out of a bad experience at a hotel in Miami Beach. We were given our room right away and proceed to have breakfast at the 5300 Chop House. Check-in was great as was the service and food at the restaurant. The staff was very helpful and friendly, especially Jorge and Diana Alaniz. For the price we paid, and I'm not sure if we got a steal due to booking last minute, the room could not have been nicer. It was clean and modern and extremely spacious at 765 square feet! If I had to say something negative, the tile in the huge bathroom is a little dated and the water could be hotter. Other than that, no complaints whatsoever! You will not be sorry here.

Room Tip: The higher the building number, the further you are from the pool/lobby/restaurant.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A shout-out for the Banquet Team at The Provident Doral in Miami. The executive team of my company set a small, last-minute meeting that I was tasked with arranging. It was not too small, however, to rate less than complete focus and effort from the Team at The Provident Doral! They were absolutely professional from start to finish. Our executives were pleased. This hotel is my go-to for employee lodging in Miami. It will be my future go-to for meeting space, as well!

Room Tip: I did not personally visit the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!