“Very impressive thank you Maria” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Receive 15% Off
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Very impressive thank you Maria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

my room was beautiful , the restaurant was great, and the overall service was impeccable .
A personal note to Maria you were a gracious host to all of us and we thank you again "you will go far with this company" Keith

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

When I arrived at this hotel I was told my booking had been cancelled and there were no rooms for me to stay in. Ok I had changed dates of my stay but I had emailed well in advance to reservations informing them of this....I was also told I was going to be charged for my supposed "late" arrival to add insult injury. This left me high and dry in Doral at 10 o'clock at night after a 14 hr journey.

All of that is sort of understandable but I emailed next day to contest the fact I had been charged and have been completely ignored which I think is a little rough as I really haven't done anything wrong and was polite when my booking was cancelled.

I am just worried that if this is the level of customer service supplied by this hotel then I would avoid it.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Vincent H, Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your cancelled reservation here at Provident Doral at The Blue. Unfortunately when a guest does not show up for their original reservation without notice or if booked through a 3rd party booking source we are forced to charge a no show fee as the property was sold out. Our in house reservations department tried contacting you several times as to check the status of your reservation as during this time of year The Blue is usually in a sell out status and every room is needed. After not being able to contact you we unfortunately had to cancel your reservation to assure we have all rooms available to sell. I am sorry about the confusion if you would like to discuss further please feel free to contact me directly so that I can share the information with you.
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

We booked for a single night prior to cruising out of Miami & were very pleased. We normally stay downtown, closer to the Port, but this was a last-minute trip & we couldn't find an vacancies. The Provident Doral was a pleasant surprise with a HUGE suite for less money than we normally pay for a downtown room. Well worth the price of the room & it is still conveniently located to pretty much anything we'd want to do. This is likely to become our new default hotel in Miami. The front desk staff was super friendly & the room is clean. It's not brand new, or even recently remodeled, but more-than-suffient for the night. There's a lot of construction happening across the street but it didn't cause any traffic problems. I'm not sure what they're building but it looks nice & just reinforces the thought that we'll be back. Plus it's only 25-30 minutes from the Port (which is no big deal to us). Anyways, we recommend checking it out as a good alternative to the downtown hotels - plus you won't have to mess with the traffic or valet parking. Woohoo!

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Mapleville, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We checked in at the Provident very last minute (6:00AM) after high-tailing it out of a bad experience at a hotel in Miami Beach. We were given our room right away and proceed to have breakfast at the 5300 Chop House. Check-in was great as was the service and food at the restaurant. The staff was very helpful and friendly, especially Jorge and Diana Alaniz. For the price we paid, and I'm not sure if we got a steal due to booking last minute, the room could not have been nicer. It was clean and modern and extremely spacious at 765 square feet! If I had to say something negative, the tile in the huge bathroom is a little dated and the water could be hotter. Other than that, no complaints whatsoever! You will not be sorry here.

Room Tip: The higher the building number, the further you are from the pool/lobby/restaurant.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A shout-out for the Banquet Team at The Provident Doral in Miami. The executive team of my company set a small, last-minute meeting that I was tasked with arranging. It was not too small, however, to rate less than complete focus and effort from the Team at The Provident Doral! They were absolutely professional from start to finish. Our executives were pleased. This hotel is my go-to for employee lodging in Miami. It will be my future go-to for meeting space, as well!

Room Tip: I did not personally visit the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
New City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I really can't figure out how this hotel is ranked #1 out of 21 hotels. At first, I thought it was great. The staff is super friendly and very helpful, check in was nice and easy. The room is a great size-we had a king suite and it was really spacious with a kitchen area and a huge bathroom with a jetted tub and a separate shower area. But...the room is not clean. The tub was disgusting as it definitely had not been cleaned-was dirty and had hair in it and one of the bathroom einks hadn't been cleaned either as there was hair in there too. We ended up making our 6 night stay here only a 2 night stay. We were going to use the pull out sofa until we looked at the linens on there and let me just say it is gross and filthy. I really couldn't wait to check out of here.

Really wanted to love this place as I was so excited to get a decent deal and couldn't wait to stay here so it was quite a disappointment. The tile when you walk in and in the bathroom is dated and starting to show its age. The bed really wasn't comfortable-you sink in once you lay down (wasn't terribe, but wasn't comf either...it was tolerable).

The pool here is great and the restaurant was good too...just wish the room was just as good.wanted to try the spa but being we left before we had planned, I did have a chance.

Room Tip: Higher buildings are far from the front desk, pool, spa and restaurant
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Joanne73, Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay here at The Blue. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to exceed your every expectation during your stay. We are currently in the process of replacing all the window treatments, mattresses and carpeting and this project should be completed in June of 2015. I have discussed your concerns with our leadership team so that we can always be the best we can be. Please contact me directly so we can have you back to experience the true Provident Doral at The Blue experience. We hope to see you back soon and remember you will ALWAYS find the lowest rates by booking at THEBLUE.COM or by calling the hotel directly.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Once again enjoyed my stay! The friendly and efficient staff always welcome me back with warmth and a smile. At "the Blue" guests are never just a room number but someone to be treated like a member of the family. Monet (front desk) always greets us when we return and knows our preferences. Jorge and David (Outlet Managers) go above and beyond the realm of customer service. Returning to the Blue is like coming home and makes travelling for business much more pleasant. Many heartfelt thanks go to the breakfast staff for being so accommodating e.g. always bringing coffee in a "to go cup" and packing my breakfast also. Until next time.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your stay at Provident Doral at The Blue. I am so happy to hear that our team members were able to exceed your every expectation throughout your stay. At Provident we strive to provide the best quality and service to all our guests and make them feel as if they are a part of our family. We look forward to your next visit with us and please remember you will ALWAYS find the lowest rates by booking through THEBLUE.COM or calling the hotel directly.

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!