“Quiet and spacious” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Receive 15% Off
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Toronto, Canada
“Quiet and spacious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Location - in Doral where you're surrounded by golf courses but not much of anything else. You'll need a car if you want to eat off-site. It's a 15 min drive to the enormous Dolphin Mall and at least 30 min to South Beach Miami. I was on business at the Trump Doral next door. Their occupancy was full and a group of us was moved to the Provident.
Room - I had a huge room with an equally huge bathroom (nice touch was having a TV in it as well). The room was clean with modern decor. I slept well at night in my comfortable king-sized bed and the surroundings were very quiet.
Service - excellent - the front desk, the doorman, and the restaurant staff.
Amenities - I lay by the pool on a Monday afternoon where it was very quiet. The pool was kept at a nice warm temperature. The gym is found on the 2nd floor of the main building beside the spa. It's small but had everything I needed. Some broken elastics could be replaced.
There are 15 separate buildings on the complex. Try to get a lower numbered building as the higher the number, the farther you are from the main building. I believe there's a shuttle available though that can take you back and forth. Parking may be hard to find when occupancy is full but I did always manage to find a spot within one building away from my own.
Restaurant - I had lunch there and the food was decent.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Recently my family and I stayed at the Provident Doral in a beautiful spacious one bedroom Master Suite with 2 gorgeous bathrooms. While staying there we were treated like family. Rosemary, the Front Desk Supervisor was excellent in attending to all of our needs. She knew what we needed even before we could ask. Truly wonderful service and always with a big smile. Her Staff was equally amazing. Yisel, Alberto, and Vanessa always took great care of us. They even helped us retrieve some print outs for our daughter's school, when we couldn't. They really show how caring they all are. Katia was the housekeeping person assigned to our suite. She would come in daily and kept our suite immaculate and our towels always replenished. She was such a pleasure to know and we were blessed with a person that took great pride in her work. Truly an asset. In general, the housekeeping staff was professional and efficient. The Bellhop service was also terrific. Jaime was one that stood out.
Beautiful large pool that our daughter absolutely loved. The 5300 Chop House Restaurant cooked everything to perfection. Simply delicious!! We truly loved our stay and were actually saddened when we checked out. Thanks again to everyone at the Provident Blue for making our stay a memorable one. We highly recommend this Resort & Spa.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was excellent. Breakfast at the restaurant was great. All in all a very relaxing stay. If I played golf I think I would have been in heaven. Staff were helpful.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

i can't say enough about this hotel from the moment we walked through the door we felt welcomed.The bellman and Rosemary at the front desk were so nice, and provided us with the information that we needed. The rooms are huge, really clean and quiet. We had a great dinner the food was excellent and the staff was really friendly. The restaurant manager Jorge went above and beyond to make our stay unforgettable, the pool area is so nice, the hotel is just 20 minutes away from the airport. Everybody was so nice, this has become my new favorite spot Thanks

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the Provident after Thanksgiving one night before heading back to Germany and was kind of disappointed; the check-in area had no ambience or flair at all; it was simply funcional - no difference to the cheaper motel chains; no holiday decoration, no flowers ... nothing; the rooms are spacious and clean but that's really the only good thing; the music at pool area or restaurant far too loud - no way you could have had a conversation; when asking if the volume could be turned down a bit there was a friendly yes but nothing happened.

I had ask front desk to order a taxi to take me to the airport; the taxi fare is 23$ which is what I payed the night before going to the hotel; after checking out a local limo service showed up, I checked back with front desk and the agent reassured me that even though it's a limo service it would be taxi rate for payment .... Well, that was wrong ---- the driver charged 38$ and as a plane was waiting for me I did not want to make a fuss and payed; however I did call the hotel before boarding, spoke to an agent but the call got cut off. I sent an e-mail to the hotel because I believe they have to tell their clients about the higher rates. Will I go back? Never, ever --- next time it will be the Hyatt Regency in Coral Gabels again ...

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your stay at The Blue. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy our Clubhouse which includes our Guest registration, Spa Azul, Fitness Center and Doral's favorite restaurant 5300 Chop House did not meet your expectations. I am very happy to hear you loved our large suites. Our typical studio suite is over 700 sf our 1 bedrooms are over 1000 sf ( 1 bedroom 2 full bathrooms) and our villas are over 2000 sf (3 bedroom 4 full baths. We pride ourselves in providing the best quality and services to all our guests. As you mentioned you were in a rush to get to the airport and the only immediate short notice transportation was this limo service that could accomodate your needs. Please contact me directly should you have any further questions or concerns and i would be more than happy to refund you the difference between the 38.00 and 23.00.

Please remeber when booking your reservation you will ALWAYS find the lowest rates at THEBLUE.COM or by calling the resort directly
Prestwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just returned from staying at the Provident. I was in block 11 with my verandah looking onto the 13th Tee of the 'Blue Monster' Trump Golf Course in Doral.
We were about 20 minute drive from the airport and close enough to many many restaurents of all denominations. There is also a Publix and a Walmart within 5 minute drive.The maid was in each day, towels changed every day and bedding was changed 3 times in the week.

Room Tip: I was in Block 11 room 1107, downstairs apartment and very quiet
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
tambarra1807, Thank you for your wonderful review regardig your stay at The Blue. Being located within walking distance to 5 world class golf courses ( The Blue Monster being one ) we are a golfers dream. I am so happy to read we were able to exceed your every expectation. We are even more excited to announce to all our guests the addition to Downtown Doral which is under contruction and will be ready the summer of 2015. We look forward to your next visit and please remember when making your next reservation you will ALWAYS find the lowest rates by calling the resort directly or by booking through THEBLUE.COM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Awesome hotel, more like a quiet large apartment. Decor was stylish, bathrooms impressive. This was our second visit and will NOT be our last. Staff was accommodating and friendly, room was clean, equipped and huge. I needed a cork screw and they delivered it promptly, very efficient. Pool area has fountains and a nice hot tub to relax. Quality all the way from amenities, towels, bedding, and decor! Great location to take in the whole Miami/Ft.Lauderdale area.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
ghoch, Thank you for your most recent review regarding your stay here at The Blue. I am so happy yo read our staff and services exceeded your expectations. As a repeat family member we thank you for your business and look forward to your next stay with us. Please remember when booking your reservation you will ALWAYS find the lowest rates by calling the hotel directly or by bookling through THEBLUE.COM

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!