“A nice place with little to do.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

Save Saved
You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Tampa, Florida
“A nice place with little to do.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Unless you are a golfer and want to eat, find another place to stay. It is close to the airport, which is convenient, but beside the pool with limited sunbathing areas and the golf course, there is nothing to do on the property. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Stayed in a king suite which was nicely decorated and equipped.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 3 days ago
NavyCop7, Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay her at The Blue. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed all that Provident Doral at The Blue had to offer you and your family. I am even more excited to tell you that directly across the street (walking distance) will be Downtown Doral which will have many restaurants, shops and entertainment facilities that will only add to what we have to offer our guests. Add that to the list of Malls (Dolphin Mall), restaurants, movie theatres all within a 5 mile radius of the property and Provident Doral at the Blue will no doubt be everyones choice of home away from home. Please remember when booking your next reservation you will ALWAYS find the lowest rates by calling the hotel directly or by booking at THEBLUE.COM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Lovely suites, comfortable and clean. Staff always happy to provide golf cart rides to and from reception (a 5 minute walk). Restaurant and bar staff very friendly and helpful. Small but well equipped gym. Not much in the surrounding area. Quite a trip from Miami city centre - $50 taxi ride.

Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I just got back after a stay here and it was lacking hospitality. The rooms are large and pretty. The staff was not that interested in making my stay any easier. Arrived after a long flight on an 85 degree/87% humidity in a wool suit (my fault). They checked me any and informed me that my room was three buildings away. Although they had four golf carts (which I learned later were to help get the customers back and forth across the grounds) no offer was made and I set out into the heat and humidity dragging my roller bag behind me. Later that evening the same kind of lack of hospitality was apparent. I did get a ride over to the Trump resort next store, but when I called to be brought back I was told that the last shuttle had left 15 minutes earlier and I was on my own.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Mike O, Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your stay at Provident doral at the Blue. I appologize we did not exceed your expectations durintg your stay. Transportation for your group was arranged through the group contact and the times as noted in your welcome letter were set according to the group schedule. Unfortunately we had no control over the times of transportation or the amount of runs that were made. We do provide transportation throughout the resort via golf cart and at anytime guests can call guest service and one of our team members would be happy to transport our guests. I have discussed your important concerns with our team leader to assure all guests checking in are aware our our resort wide transportation services. Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any other questions or concerns. Please remember when booking your reservations you will always receive the lowest rates by calling the hotel directly or booking a THEBLUE.COM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My company used Provident Doral at the Blue Miami to host an event for our partners. Dario and the staff were excellent hosts -- helping us make arrangements at the last minute, making sure we kept the event organized, and not even complaining when our event ran a little over schedule! They definitely set the bar high for quality customer service and I would definitely recommend checking them out.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I would love to recommend this place as it's got a great layout but can't as the management, service & policies are Terrible!! I booked a same day 3night stay reservation thru these 'third party' services so takes your money in full but ended up not able to make it the first night due to airlines & told their policy is I need to cancel 48 hrs Before I MADE the Reservation!!! Impossible, ridiculous & should NOT have been allowed to take my money upfront & no possibility of refund!! I went to the hotel hoping to add an extra night for atleast same price or some sort of accommodation but wanted to charge me double & not interested in accommodating us in the least. Had to call 3 times for basic needs like towels. It looks like attitude starts from the top & filters down. Don't put up with this practice of taking your money & then blaming the 'third party' reservation sites saying there's nothing they can do for the customer as you should have known....

Stayed October 2014
Lisa R, Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay here at Provident Doral at The Blue. I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation but unfortunately we have no control over your using 3rd party booking agents to book your reservations with our property. If you contact the booking agent regarding their cancellation policy I will be more than happy to work with them. That is the exact reason why I repeat myself in all my responses telling all potential guests to book direct through the hotel. By booking direct with any hotel you are rewarded with the lowest pricing and many additional perks that you will never receive from 3rd party agents. Flexibility in cancellations or date changes, room upgrades, room placements, early check in, late check out etc. In regards to the price difference we were trying to assist in your unfortunate situation and were willing to overbook our hotel to accomodate you but needed to charge the daily sell rate for that sold out day. Please make sure when booking your reservation fyou call the hotel directly or book online at WWW.THEBLUE.com.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I really appreciate a quality hotel and provident is just that. This hotel sets the bar for the area and I love the spacious suites. By far my best hotel experience to date. Super excited about the new shops and dining that are being built across the street. Had another great meal in their restaurant... This time breakfast. I booked through their website and they gave me a 10% discount ... Much appreciated along with the clean chic suite. I love this hotel. Do not miss out experience it for yourself.

• Stayed October 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Beds were very comfortable memory foam, plenty of different pillows and a down comforter.

Towels were huge.
Shower had 2 heads and a lot of pressure.
The hand-held shower wand was broke.

Guard shack entry and gated.

Everything was clean and properly maintained.

Beautiful view of golf out of the back lanai.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!