“Nice facility lacking hospitality” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

Save Saved
You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
“Nice facility lacking hospitality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I just got back after a stay here and it was lacking hospitality. The rooms are large and pretty. The staff was not that interested in making my stay any easier. Arrived after a long flight on an 85 degree/87% humidity in a wool suit (my fault). They checked me any and informed me that my room was three buildings away. Although they had four golf carts (which I learned later were to help get the customers back and forth across the grounds) no offer was made and I set out into the heat and humidity dragging my roller bag behind me. Later that evening the same kind of lack of hospitality was apparent. I did get a ride over to the Trump resort next store, but when I called to be brought back I was told that the last shuttle had left 15 minutes earlier and I was on my own.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My company used Provident Doral at the Blue Miami to host an event for our partners. Dario and the staff were excellent hosts -- helping us make arrangements at the last minute, making sure we kept the event organized, and not even complaining when our event ran a little over schedule! They definitely set the bar high for quality customer service and I would definitely recommend checking them out.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I would love to recommend this place as it's got a great layout but can't as the management, service & policies are Terrible!! I booked a same day 3night stay reservation thru these 'third party' services so takes your money in full but ended up not able to make it the first night due to airlines & told their policy is I need to cancel 48 hrs Before I MADE the Reservation!!! Impossible, ridiculous & should NOT have been allowed to take my money upfront & no possibility of refund!! I went to the hotel hoping to add an extra night for atleast same price or some sort of accommodation but wanted to charge me double & not interested in accommodating us in the least. Had to call 3 times for basic needs like towels. It looks like attitude starts from the top & filters down. Don't put up with this practice of taking your money & then blaming the 'third party' reservation sites saying there's nothing they can do for the customer as you should have known....

Stayed October 2014
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, yesterday
Lisa R, Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay here at Provident Doral at The Blue. I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation but unfortunately we have no control over your using 3rd party booking agents to book your reservations with our property. If you contact the booking agent regarding their cancellation policy I will be more than happy to work with them. That is the exact reason why I repeat myself in all my responses telling all potential guests to book direct through the hotel. By booking direct with any hotel you are rewarded with the lowest pricing and many additional perks that you will never receive from 3rd party agents. Flexibility in cancellations or date changes, room upgrades, room placements, early check in, late check out etc. In regards to the price difference we were trying to assist in your unfortunate situation and were willing to overbook our hotel to accomodate you but needed to charge the daily sell rate for that sold out day. Please make sure when booking your reservation fyou call the hotel directly or book online at WWW.THEBLUE.com.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I really appreciate a quality hotel and provident is just that. This hotel sets the bar for the area and I love the spacious suites. By far my best hotel experience to date. Super excited about the new shops and dining that are being built across the street. Had another great meal in their restaurant... This time breakfast. I booked through their website and they gave me a 10% discount ... Much appreciated along with the clean chic suite. I love this hotel. Do not miss out experience it for yourself.

• Stayed October 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Beds were very comfortable memory foam, plenty of different pillows and a down comforter.

Towels were huge.
Shower had 2 heads and a lot of pressure.
The hand-held shower wand was broke.

Guard shack entry and gated.

Everything was clean and properly maintained.

Beautiful view of golf out of the back lanai.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here for a business trip in Sep-Oct 2014. The hotel rooms are all in blocks, mine (block 15) was a 10 minute walk away from reception, which with the humidity ends up quite a sticky walk, although the hotel does offer transportation via golf buggy.

Overall good facilities and room service produced good food.

Stayed October 2014
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Richard M, Thank you very much for your most recent feedback regarding your stay at Provident Doral at The Blue. I am very excited to read you enjoyed all of the amenities Provident had to offer. Thank you for recognizing the door to door transportation service we provide all our guests as we are spread out ove 15 Acres all along the 12th hole of the World Famous Blue Monster Golf Course. We look forward to your next visit with us here at The Blue and please remember when making your next reservation that you will ALWAYS get the lowest price by calling the hotel directly or by booking your reservation at Theblue.com.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As a seasoned meeting planner, the majority of my job entails conducting site visits of hotels, negotiating hotel contracts and executing events in hotels. As a result, when I travel for leisure my standards are pretty high. This hotel exceeded my expectations. From the attractive décor and spacious to the amazing staff, I was thoroughly impressed. I would certainly consider this event when planning my next conference.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dian G, Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your stay here at The Blue. I am happy to hear we were able to exceed your expectations during your visit. We look forward to your next visit to The Blue and remember you will ALWAYS find the lowest rates by calling the hotel directly or by visiting TheBlue.com.

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!