“Affordable, secret treasure” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

Save Saved
You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Affordable, secret treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The room was well laid out with a full sized kitchen with nice appliances. Bathroom had a jetted spacious tub. Room decor was contemporary and clean.
The only negatives; you have to take a car to the pool depending one location of the building and the tv channel lineup was lacking many choices for kids.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Allioop123, Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your stay at Provident doral at The Blue. Secret Treasure are words we here all the time so thank you for the compliments. Here at Provident we strive to deliver the best quality and service possible and we thank you for your continued business. Please remember you will ALWAYS get the lowest rates by booking directly through Providentblue.com or calling the hotel directly. With the lowest rates you will also receive additional perks when available like early check-in, late check out, complimentary room upgrades etc. We look forward to your next visit to Miami - Doral

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Davie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My stay was great. Great size room, nice balcony, nice kitchen area and great bathroom. I want to thank Judith our housekeeper she was very friendly, courteous and took good care of us. One thing was that the first day we got there we went into the pool by 5;30pm we ask for some towels but we were only provide with one and we were told that we will be provided with more but the towels never showed up so we dry up with out one.(Customer satisfaction fail here). In the bedroom we struggle with opening the curtains they are nice and fancy but not very practical specially if you have kids. The carpet had a bad stain next to the bed but I avoid looking at it. The bed sheets had small wholes in one side but the bed was great. Overall its a great stay for any type of occasion. Great location and accessible to main highways. Management please take note and keep up the great service. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Greg C, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for your much valued feedback regarding your stay at Provident Doral at The Blue. It is feedback like yours that will allow us to maintain our number 1 ranking here in Doral. I truly appreciate your kind words regarding our team members and they will be recognized for their excellent service. We will shortly begin a complete renovation of all curtains, carpets and we will be upgrading all our mattresses with the industries best sleep technology mattresses. Provident Hotels and Resorts prides themselves with being the best and providing the best Quality and Service in the industry so we look forward to your return visit so you can personally witness all the excellent changes that are on the way. Please remember that you will ALWAYS find the lowest rates by calling the hotel directly or booking through theblue.com.
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had such a great experience at this hotel and used to stay here when it was hyatt. The management has changed and so is the way they are running things. It is working everything has gotten better especially the customer service, spa and environment. always greeted with smiley faces. We were very happy with the customer service recieved from the manager at the hotel restaurant Jorge he was very attentive to us and to the rest of the restaurant. We are definitely coming back really soon. Two thumbs up!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GenerealManager, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for all the kind words regarding your stay at the Provident Doral at The Blue Hotel and Spa. Your feedback is very consistant with so many other guest feedback regarding the heightened quality and service levels since the transition to a Provident Resort. Provident Hotels and Resorts provide some of the top ranked hotels in the State of Florida in their perspective cities. I am very happy to read we were able to exceed your expectations. Remember when re-booking your reservation you will ALWAYS get the lowest rates by booking directly through the hotel. Booking direct comes with many perks you can not and will not receive when booking through a 3rd party booking site. If available, Room upgrades, early check in, late check out, room placement, Restaurant discounts, spa discounts are all added perks by booking direct. We look forward to your next visit
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Did not stay at the hotel, but did get a massage at the spa. Elsa the masseuse was great. Very friendly and helped work out all the kinks. Very reasonable price for the service. Had a little hiccup when making the reservation, but everything worked out just fine. Could use a whirlpool or a jacuzzi.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback regarding your trip to Spa Azul. Spa Azul is an amazing full service spa that receives extremely high praise from our local community and guests. As a full service luxury hotel it is important that our Spa Azul and 5300 Chophouse restaurant matches the excellent accomodations we provide to all our guests. We look forward to your return and remember to book directly though theblue.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

had an excellent stay
was in Miami for one night on route to a cruise and we were 4 families renting two villas and had such a comfortable and wonderful time. very spacious and lots of bathrooms, once for each bedroom

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your pre cruise stay at Provident Doral at The Blue. You have experienced what every guests experiences while staying in one of our 2500sq ft luxury villas. The 3 bedrooms with 4 full bathrooms makes these units ideal for all families and corporate travelers. There is no luxury hotel in the area that can compete with our room product and services and I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations. We are the perfect hotel for pre and post cruise stays and we hope to see you soon. Please remember you will ALWAYS get the lowest rates by booking directly through theblue.com or calling the hotel directly. There are so many advantages to booking directly through the hotel than any 3rd party website.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Took a short vacation and came down to the Provident. Everything between check in and check out went very smooth. The desk clerk that helped us at check in offered many options for food and fun in the area. The room was spectacular! Very nice and spacious! Will definitely be back next time we are in Miami!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your stay at Provident Doral at The Blue. I am glad to see we were able to exceed your expectations and we look forward to your return. Please remember you will ALWAYS get the lowest rates by booking directly through theblue.com or calling the hotel directly.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

1. arrived 10:45 and took my bags into reception
2. learned from a bellman (who was inSIDE, not outside, where people arrive) that one has to drive to one's room so that I shouldn't have brought my bags inside.
3. was told I had a double room. Had reserved a king suite.
4. requested "not first floor" (security). Was told that wasn't available.
5. Asked about room service. "They're closed".
6. Alternatively asked to be pointed to the snack / convenience kiosk to buy something. Anything (since I hadn't eaten for 12 hours, and there was only a Starbucks and a Haagen Daz open in the AA terminal at the Miami airport). Nope, don't have one of those.
7. Left to find the McDonalds I'd passed driving in (the only thing I'd spotted that resembled an eating establishment). It was closed.
8. Stopped at a Shell with a convenience store. The door was locked! Food galore, only you couldn't get to it. Great place, that it has to lock its doors at 11p.
9. Drove back to hotel. Asked the security guard at the entry where to get something. He pointed me in the other direction where I finally found a fast food place with a drive through still open.
10. Well after midnight. Tried to find my building. No parking in front of it, or of either building to each side of it.
11. Went to the room before taking my things out of the car - it was large (my NY apt wasn't as big) and seemed to be nicely appointed. The fact that I was exhausted made it look even better.
12. Brought my bags in and turned on the TV. FINALLY.
13. Noticed that the black out shade was broken, ergo not covering the window.
14. While looking at that I found that the patio door was UNLOCKED (the reason that I don't like first floor rooms). Nice.
15. Oh, and like another reviewer before me, I didn't like the shin-high bed (way too low) or the 6" wooden platform surrounding the mattress. Bad.
16. The TV came on, but didn't change channels, change volume, or TURN OFF! Called the front desk and they promised to send someone.
17. Security guard came quickly and tried to fix it. Nothing. I was DONE. I gathered my things, thanked him for his efforts and went to reception.
18. Said I was checking out. The clerk said, "we'll cancel your reservation and there won't be a penalty". For who, me? For not wanting to accept less than reasonable conditions for a three night stays?
19. At nearly 1a I'm on the streets of Doral, looking for a better place. I found it at the Holiday Inn Express. Who knew?

Maybe it's the transition. Maybe this is what passes for service with the new management. My firm puts up a lot of people here and I've discussed this with our team. Either way, it was untenable IMO.

Props to Vanesa and to the roving security guard who exhibited sound customer service to try to set things right. I appreciated their efforts. The guard in the booth who directed me to food? Good on him too. As for the rest of the "stay"? What can I say. It's a sad day when you are trumped by a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GenerealManager, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at Provident Doral at The Blue. I sincerely appologize that we did not exceed your every expecation and have personally reviewed your comments with all team members involved. As you mentioned we do have some outstanding team members here at The Blue and they will be recognized for their outstanding service. At Provident we pride ourseves on delivering the best quality and services and strive to be the best. Please contact me directly so that we can have you back as my guest and enjoy the true Provident Doral experience.

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!