“Pre Cruise Stay excellent does what it says on the tin!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Receive 15% Off
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Doral
UK
“Pre Cruise Stay excellent does what it says on the tin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

In April this year we stayed overnight while waiting to board our cruise ship the next day. This is the second time staying here, we are a family of 6 and the 3 bedrooms suited us all well (must say we did not use any of the hotels pool ect) The rooms are super large clean and comfortable. The beds have wonderfully comfortable pillows and are large. (King queen doubles),. Coffee machine in the room are good too. We did use room service which we felt was reasonable. Hope to and will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Great for families as has 3 bedroom condo rooms!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
We are pleased that you enjoyed the amenities of our Three Bedroom Villa. They are indeed very spacious and are well suited for large families.

You feedback is very important to us and we certainly appreciate you taking the time to rate our Property. We hope you will continue to choose the Hyatt Miami at the Blue and look forward to your return.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I suppose the poor experience of my stay on the night prior to the blue, may have influenced my opinion. I have stayed in the Blue every year for the last 8 years, and some things remain constant. The rooms are great, huge clean, well equipped, and well maintained. From entering the room it feels like being home. The staff can and do vary in competence, but always remain friendly and try to help whenever they can.For the price, I have never stayed in a hotel of this quality anywhere else in all my travels. Thanks. This more than made up for my bad experience in the last Hyatt.

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe its worth the small difference, and always try get a top floor room..
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your most recent review. Our biggest compliment is a repeat guest and we certainly value your business.

We look forward to your next visit and appreciate your loyalty.

ryan.hendriks@hyatt.com
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I travel 150-200 nights for work with status at many of the larger global hotel companies and never experienced a lack of knowledge or service than I did @ the Blue. I had a split reservation (points for 2 night, cash for rest) and had to 'coach' the front desk to ensure both nights were checked-in and most importantly the room would be the same for the duration. I was travelling with my family, including a 3 month baby and a 2 year old so unpacking was a project itself! I couldn't believe the next morning when the 'manager' phoned to remind me that we were checking out and moving buildings!!!!!! She was rude, not understanding, took no accountability for their mistake and told me those were the 'rules'??? After requesting the GM to phone he left a kind voicemail, but rationalized the situation based on my 2 reservations.....the same issue I expressly tried to overcome upon check-in!!!! The worst part was the GM didn't do his homework on the situation and essentially wouldn't take any responsibility or accountability of their mistake and instead said it was a booking error. If you can't use your points plus stay a few extra cash nights @ a global hotel why would anyone want to stay @ hyatts? They have a lot of catching-up to the SPG, Fairmonts and Hilton programs.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I regret that you had an inconvenience with your reservation and that our efforts to resolve your concerns were not to your satisfaction.

Please be assured that you concerns were investigated and our loyalty program was reviewed with the team to ensure consistency.

We appreciate your business and hope you will continue to choose Hyatt Hotels.

Trondheim, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Just read all the terrible reviews this hotel has, they say it ALL. Nothing has been done to repair the problems here. The kitchens are still under equipped, the bathrooms still leak, the curtains are still falling down, the carpets are still dirty, the pool & poolside still needs to be cleaned more often, the TV channels need to be better, more furniture on the balcony the list goes on and on! The staff need to DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING to help, instead of just apologizing. High points were the size of rooms, the quality of the beds and kitchen appliances worked (the little that there was). And I'm guessing I'll get the standard apology from management with a promise to fix things LOL.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first and don't unpack until you're sure you have a good room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rooms are huge and well equipped with everything you need. The staff is phenomenal and customer service is a key priority. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you found the room to be well equipped and our customer service to be spectacular! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

What an amazing 'hotel', if you can call it that. It's more of a full service condo! Must see to believe. I stayed there during a work trip with pre-negotiated rate, so not sure of regular rates or if it's worth it, but price aside, it is definitely a high end facility in every respect. I slept great as well, which is rare for me in hotels with my neck and joint issues.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Miami at The Blue. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your experience and found your room to beyond your expectations. Your feedback is our greatest compliment and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort the next time your travel brings you back to Miami!

Ryan Hendriks - Director of Rooms
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This franchise hotel has the potential to be a great spot. Unfortunately, there is almost no effort put into anything. I walked into the room and thought it was excellent until I noticed wallpaper peeling and a non-functioning bathtub. The cleaning service is fine, but there is no effort put into fixing up the rooms. The food there is a nightmare. Ask for Juan Carlos to drive you places. He is very nice and was the best part of the hotel experience.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We regret to hear that we failed to meet your expectation, It is and will always be our commitment to provide our guests with a value hotel option and an enjoyable vacation experience. I would love the opportunity to further discuss with you and can be reached at 305-640-6635 or via email at ryan.hendriks@hyatt.com
Ryan Hendriks

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!