“Relaxing long stay hotel with very friendly service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

Save Saved
You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Lerici, Italy
“Relaxing long stay hotel with very friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for few weeks. Relaxing hotel, comfortable bed, spacious clean rooms,very friendly staff and service all over the hotel area, nice quiet pool area, beautiful golf course with walking/running track all around. Small gym with everything one needs. Laundry service expensive for long stay purposes but there is a coin laundry close by. Parking right in front of room, also bus stop just outside hotel entrance. Publix, Wallmart, Walgreens, Dolphin mall and International Mall close to hotel. Overall great!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at Hyatt Miami at the Blue! It was a pleasure to provide you with a seamless stay. I am thrilled every experience you had exceeded your expectations and hope we get the opportunity to continue to welcome you back in the future!
Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We spent seven nights at Hyatt at The Blue. I'd say it was a pleasant and nice experience. We stayed at room 1011.

The room is spacious. Bed is comfortable. Sleep quality is very good. Furniture and decoration are in good conservation condition.

Room 1011 is at the second floor of lodge number 10. Although it faces the golf course it wasn't possible to see the course due to the vegetation.

Bathroom is huge. Shower delivers a great and strong water flux. Temperature control is precise and constant.

About the location, this hotel is about 25 min from Miami Beach. Surroundings seemed very secure and well urbanized. Nonetheless, I strongly recommend renting a car, specially if you are on a tourism trip.

I've had three downsides during my experience at this Hyatt:
1) Room maids sometimes didn't take all of the trash out of the room.
2) Kitchen utensils are limited. I've had to buy a spatula.
3) Retrieving a packaged delivered for me at the front desk often took several minutes.

Room Tip: If you want a view from the golf course you should ask for a third floor room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us, we truly appreciate your comments.Please accept our apologies for the challenges experienced during your stay. I will pass along your feedback to the appropriate team members so that we can prevent the same challenges from occurring in the future.
Should your travels lead you back to Miami we hope that you would allow us to host your stay.
Jundiai, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

It is a good hotel to stay in Miami. The apartments are big and very comfortable, the units have a kitchen, an amazing bathroom and balconies. Close to the Dolphin Mall and the International Mall, but a bit far from other Miami attractions. I would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: I would recommend the units in the second floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such wonderful comments!

We are so glad to hear that you had a nice time during your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our hotel's amenities!

We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and look forward to hosting your stay in the future!
Director of Rooms
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I just wanted to thank the front desk staff at the Hyatt Miami at the Blue.. They have been extremely helpful and accommodating. Monet and her two supervisors (Rosemary) all deserve a raise!! I would definitely recommend you stay here and make sure to speak to Monet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Miami at The Blue. Monet, Rosemary and the rest of the team will be recognized for going above & beyond to ensure your needs were met. Hyatt takes pride with hearing feedback such as yours. I hope you will consider returning to our hotel on your next visit to Miami. Your referral is greatly appreciated.
indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

So this hotel was a mixed bag for me. The positives: the staff was helpful and friendly, particularly those in the restaurant who were very nice. The pool is really nice, the grounds seem well kept, and the rooms are modern and VERY spacious. The cons: personally, I found the layout/setup to be a challenge as I was not aware going in, that the hotel was not only exterior corridor (which always intimidates me as a female traveling alone), but that it was so spread out. Any time I had to go to the lobby I had to either walk a half mile or had to wait for a golf cart ride from one of the staff. I think there were a lot of longer-term travelers there as it was more like an apartment complex than hotel. I had to keep calling cabs to get where I needed to go and would wait outside for 15 mins before finally walking to the lobby- it was just all very confusing and not ideal considering the conference I was in town for was at another hotel in the area that was booked. If you are going to stay put in your room though, maybe this is not a concern. The other con for me was that while the room décor was very modern and appeared nice (and HUGE), my room smelled musty and needed repairs. Lots of scratches on the walls and tile, and the carpet appeared to be a cheap residential grade berber. I am not sure if it was just my room or if all are like that. Just seemed either cheaply done or that someone had really done some damage on it. Oh and last negative- the rooms were not well lit. I had every light in the place on (I was in a suite) and still could not see. So, I guess it really just depends on what you are looking for. I would not personally stay here again, but it was not a bad hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lobby!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We regret to hear that we failed to meet your expectation, it is and will always be our commitment to provide our guests with a value hotel option and an enjoyable vacation experience. We appreciate your feedback in an effort to improve our guest experience. We sincerely apologize for the concerns you encountered during your stay at our property. I hope that you will be willing to give us a second chance to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need any assistance planning your next visit, I can be reached at 305-640-6635 or via email at ryan.hendriks@hyatt.com
berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have stayed here every year for the last 6 years and I have never been disappointed. Great spot if you don't want to be right in the middle of Miami and like a bit of golf! The staff are very very friendly, and the place is clean and nice. The rooms are huge and beautfiully decorated and they are great value. I normally stay in the Deluxe rooms which means I have a huge bedroom, two bathrooms, a kitchen a living room, plus a lovely view onto the golf course. My only slight criticisms are that the pool bar is frequently understaffed and the room service charges are high; but saying that with a kitchen we got takeaways or cooked so not a huge deal!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor so you get a better view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing comments about your recent stay. We value our repeat clients as it helps us to confirm we are on the right path to customer service. Our employees will be recognized for going above & beyond to ensure your needs were met. I look forward to your continued support and again appreciate the feedback.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

It was a very pleasant surprise my stay at this Hyatt. Very comfortable and spacious rooms with all the amenities of a small apartment. I would like a little more professionalism at the front desk, but overall it was a great experience. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay.
We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I myself am a big fan of our guestrooms as they are truly unique and spacious. I would appreciate more feedback on your Front Desk experience and can be reached at ryan.hendriks@hyatt.com

Looking forward to your return!

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!