“Home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

Save Saved
You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Doral
“Home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely recommend this place! We stayed in a studio king size bed.

Pros: place was clean, staff was friendly, plenty of space, balcony with a wonderful view, large modern bathroom, all amenities very modern
Cons: parking can get tricky when you get back late, limited space. Wifi was a little slow.

Overall we had such a great room and experience we did not want to go anywhere. This place was a nice retreat from everyday life.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
hyatt123Doral_FL, Director of Rooms at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at the Hyatt Miami at The Blue. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your getaway at our property. Our employees will be recognized for going above & beyond to ensure your needs were met. Hyatt takes pride in hearing feedback such as yours. I hope you will consider returning to our hotel on your next visit to Miami.

513 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Summit
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have been staying there a lot. Recently, the staff seems very young. It is a bit annoying to be asked each time if it's the first time that I stay a this hotel. The room is going a bit downhill. Over the years, I have brought so many colleagues with me to discover the hotel. My next stay has already been booked and it will be at a different place.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. We take your comments very seriously and highly regret that we were not able to meet the level of your expectations.
We strive to provide all our guests with the best experience and be assured that your comments will be addressed. Our team is committed to continuously improving the quality of our service.
We hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel was very nice. We had used it as a stop over on a drive through FL. The room was clean, styled simply and large. We only encountered one problem where the water to the room was shut off and we found it, it was for the whole building. The water was out all morning due to so,e issue with the pipe. We called the main desk and they provided us a room int he next building to shower. A little inconvenient but was glad to take a shower. Also, the staff apologized for the issue and had the manager call us. We didn't eat at the restaurant as there are so many great places in Miami to drive to, if your ok with the traffic.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your comments and sincerely apologize for the challenges with the water.
We had an unexpected emergency and regret the inconvenience caused.
Should your travels lead you back to Miami we hope that you would allow us to host your stay.
LUTZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is by far the best hotel I have stayed at in Miami so far. Great location, great property, large well apportioned room. My room had a flat screen TV in the master bathroom (yes it had a master bathroom). Room was way more than what I expect especially at the price I paid. Had two terry cloth robes in the closet. Since I was staying overnight I did not really see or use any of the hotel facilities but if they are even half as nice as the room I would be very happy. I have been to Miami at least 10 times and I have paid a whole lot more for much less. I will be going back to Miami often (to visit my child in college) and I will try to stay here if I can get the discounted price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are extremely glad that you had a great overall experience in your guest room at the Hyatt Miami at the Blue. We hope that you will be able to enjoy the amenities our hotel has to offer on future visits to Miami. Please contact us should you need any assistance on planning a future vacation.

Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We used this hotel as a stopover for a night. The room was in Building 8 (!) of a very strangely designed (in my opinion) hotel. The rooms are very large and have every convenience known to man. We used the restaurant for an evening meal and for breakfast the next day, the food quality and service was very good indeed.
Two small gripes-
the room blinds for the main window were in vertical sections about three feet wide which hardly covered the large window and in fact one section fell on my head when I tried to close them.
I noticed from my credit card bill when I got home that they had charged me $9 for something of which I know nothing. I suspect that it was car parking but when I booked on line it stated free car parking.
There is no contact e-mail and to phone and inquire would have cost me probably more than the price to call from UK.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Miami,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. Let me apologize for the challenges with the curtains and I will certainly follow-up with my team to ensure the problem is corrected. I would like the opportunity to go over your account and can be reached via email ryan.hendriks@hyatt.com .I hope that you will be willing to give us a second chance to provide you with excellent service.
Director of Rooms
Kernersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Beautiful rooms, Larger than most apartments I lived in years ago! 1st class restaurant on the premises (Chop House), and courteous staff. Situated on a world class golf course and proximity to the airport a plus too.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for such wonderful comments!
We are so glad to hear that you had a nice time during your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our hotel's amenities!
We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and look forward to hosting your stay in the future!

All my best,
Toronto, ON, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here for a business conference. The room was absolutely gorgeous! Very spacious, great decor and furnishings, superbely clean. Bathroom was huge and featured a jacuzzi tub as well as a TV. My suite also included a balcony, kitchen and a living/dining area. There are several buildings in the hotel so I needed to call for a hotel car to get to the lobby as it was roughly 0.5km from my building to the front. The housekeeping staff, the receptionists and the drivers are extremely hospitable and friendly. The restaurant has some great dishes but it took longer than desired to order, get the food and get the bill. Other then that, fabulous experience!

Room Tip: If you don't want to go for a walk or call a car every time you need the lobby, stay in the buil...