“Gorgeous hotel rooms, friendly staff, excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

Save Saved
You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Doral
Toronto, ON, Canada
“Gorgeous hotel rooms, friendly staff, excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here for a business conference. The room was absolutely gorgeous! Very spacious, great decor and furnishings, superbely clean. Bathroom was huge and featured a jacuzzi tub as well as a TV. My suite also included a balcony, kitchen and a living/dining area. There are several buildings in the hotel so I needed to call for a hotel car to get to the lobby as it was roughly 0.5km from my building to the front. The housekeeping staff, the receptionists and the drivers are extremely hospitable and friendly. The restaurant has some great dishes but it took longer than desired to order, get the food and get the bill. Other then that, fabulous experience!

Room Tip: If you don't want to go for a walk or call a car every time you need the lobby, stay in the buil...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are extremely glad that you had a great overall experience at the Hyatt Miami at the Blue. It sounds like your stay was made enjoyable by our friendly and outgoing staff! Our team members genuinely enjoy getting to know our guest and making them feel welcome. Again, we thank you for all your comments. We hope to be your hotel of choice on future trips to Miami and please contact us should you need any assistance on planning a future vacation.

560 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel August 2013, and our stay was very good . Ideally located close to all the major malls and restaurants.The rooms were spacious . The hotel also offered dinning from breakfast to dinner and it overlooks a beautiful golf course.. I will strongly recommend this hotel.
The room were spacious and there were four whole bath and toilets available . The price for our stay worked out reasonable an everyone was comfortable and the unit we stayed in was split , downstairs had the living room and the kitchen and upstairs had the bedrooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay.

We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your recommendation of our property and were glad that the price was convenient for you and your family.

Looking foward to your return!
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Booking as a group of four within two different rooms, but on arrival the manager advised as there was a room more suitable for a group and would honour the price already quoted to us. All expenses including the deposit where paid in cash and the concierge showed us to our room.

Having been a group of girls the number of bathrooms were perfect. Impressed by the size and how clean and well kept, housekeeping was thorough out our stay.

However the location of the hotel from Downtown and Miami beach is around 30 minutes and would recommend hiring a car the cabs are pricey.

Up until Check out we were very happy with our stay. The receptionist advised there was a balance to be paid of $99.12 as tax was not include when the payment was made for the rooms.
We questioned why this was not advised straight away, besides the total amount was calculated by the attending manager including the money paid in large bills and cross checked by the receptionist as well.
This was quickly resolved once we persisted to speak with the manager, but to then be advice we owed $41 for breakfast when it was signed for to be covered by the complementary credit of $50.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your comments.

Please accept our aplogies for the challenges experienced with your bill at the time of your departure from our property. I assure you that this is not the level of service that we aim to provide. Should your travels lead you back to Miami we hope that you would allow us to host your stay.

Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Overall, my stay was full of disapointments. In chronological order, these were the incidents that would make me not recommending these to my friends or Family members:

0. Before arriving in the hotel, I wanted to get additional info on the room which I had reserved (e.g. if the room had a microwave oven). Tried through the hotel contact email, never got any response - only was able to get that through an expensive international telephone call.

1. After a few days onsite, guest services called me in order to offer additional help for my checkout - for my surprise my checkout was errouneously set for Friday, even though I still had several days still planned for my stay (more precisely, still 6 days left), confirmed through my reservation number. I had to move myself from my room, to go to the Reception in order to show my confirmation data, which could had been done by the guest services themselves I would guess, if they had checked hyatt database (my only action was to show the email sent from Hyatt servers)

2. In the next few days (by Saturday), my baby daughter's medication (liquid powder) was left on our bed in the morning. When we arrived at night, we noticed the room had been serviced, but we were not able to find this medication.

3. In the day after, my wife left her security blanket in the hotel (also in the bed), imagining it would be safer than leaving it on our rental car. To our surprise, we had the same problem from the baby's liquid powder.

4. Next morning, we reported it to the housekeeping supervisor (Sandra). She said she would try to find both, and that a status would be reported to us, up until our programmed leave (Wednesday). That status report never happened.

5. On the other morning, another thing was missing - my baby daughter's small doll (Pooh's piglet) which had been bought two days before. In this case, it was reported in the same night we noticed, to the reponsible housekeeping supervisor (not able to catch her name). She said an email would be sent to the responsibles, and that we would be able to get some information by the checkout time.

6. During checkout time, when asked about my stay, I reported all of this again. By this time, I saw some calling going back and forth, but no practical result. Also by this time I heard promises on status reporting, but so far (3 days after leaving the hotel) nothing was heard. Besides this, they said they never heard about these incidents, which shows a lot of miscommunication problems in this process.

7. To complete the series, after checking the bill on my way out, I noticed some long distance calls which were billed incorrectly to my account. This was the only case which was treated right away, mainly because those calls were made during periods which I was not my room.

8. Additionally, on my checkout day, I called guest services as to have additional information over transportation services to the airport provided by the hotel - they answered this service was not provided, and didn't offer me any option, even though on the standard message left on my answering machine, they mention help with transportation services.

For all of this and due to the unsatisfying guest services treatment, I would not recommend this hotel - never had problems with other Hyatt or other similar hotel chains in the US (in my several stays in these last 10 years), so I don't believe this was just a matter of unluckiness.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is through comments like yours that we are able to continously improve.

We sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay at our property and would like to assure you it is not the level of service that we aim to provide.

I would love the opportunity to further discuss with you and can be reached at 305-640-6635 or via email at ryan.hendriks@hyatt.com

Should I be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel was everything and more, I only wished that I was able to stay longer to enjoy all the ammenities that it had to offer. My husband had a business appointment the following day so we opted to for a overnighter in Miami, and it truly was spectacular. We had a late dinner at 5300 chops and it was to die for. The food and staff were great. The room....I don't have enough room or words to say how beautiful, spacious and elegant it was. The bathroom even had a tv in it so that I could enjoy the spa style tub and watch a movie. How's that for convenience!!! Full kitchen with everything that you would need and the huge tv (which my husband throughly enjoyed!)! We are already planning a long weekend stay here in the "very" near future.

Room Tip: I would choose an upper floor room, we stayed on the bottom floor and we could hear kids running aro...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for such wonderful comments!

We are so glad to hear that you had a nice time during your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our hotel's amenities!

We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and look foward to hosting your stay in the future!

Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

From the airport it's a $30 cab fare to this great location. Rooms are large, clean with all the facilities you'd expect. Nice pool with bar and super little restaurant. If, like us, you didn't want to travel after a long flight from London then this is a great one night stop over - friendly staff who couldn't have done more.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay.

We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. Should your travels lead you back to Miami we hope that you would allow us to host your stay.

Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went here for nieces graduation...reallynthoughtnit was a great condo until I laid in the bed. It was so soft that my back immediately started hurting. Let me say that I like a soft fluffy bed but this was zero support. I. Rounded up the extra large decorator pillows and slept on the floor. Maybe this was just that particular bed. You should definitely ask them about their bed befor going here.

Room Tip: Just ask about their beds.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for making the time to share your experience with us. It is through comments like yours that we are able to continously improve.

We sincerely aplogize for the challenges you encountered during your stay at our property and would like to assure you that it is not the level of service that we aim to provide.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!