“Great for multiple families and ideally located for shopping and food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Receive 15% Off
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Great for multiple families and ideally located for shopping and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel August 2013, and our stay was very good . Ideally located close to all the major malls and restaurants.The rooms were spacious . The hotel also offered dinning from breakfast to dinner and it overlooks a beautiful golf course.. I will strongly recommend this hotel.
The room were spacious and there were four whole bath and toilets available . The price for our stay worked out reasonable an everyone was comfortable and the unit we stayed in was split , downstairs had the living room and the kitchen and upstairs had the bedrooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay.

We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your recommendation of our property and were glad that the price was convenient for you and your family.

Looking foward to your return!
Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Booking as a group of four within two different rooms, but on arrival the manager advised as there was a room more suitable for a group and would honour the price already quoted to us. All expenses including the deposit where paid in cash and the concierge showed us to our room.

Having been a group of girls the number of bathrooms were perfect. Impressed by the size and how clean and well kept, housekeeping was thorough out our stay.

However the location of the hotel from Downtown and Miami beach is around 30 minutes and would recommend hiring a car the cabs are pricey.

Up until Check out we were very happy with our stay. The receptionist advised there was a balance to be paid of $99.12 as tax was not include when the payment was made for the rooms.
We questioned why this was not advised straight away, besides the total amount was calculated by the attending manager including the money paid in large bills and cross checked by the receptionist as well.
This was quickly resolved once we persisted to speak with the manager, but to then be advice we owed $41 for breakfast when it was signed for to be covered by the complementary credit of $50.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your comments.

Please accept our aplogies for the challenges experienced with your bill at the time of your departure from our property. I assure you that this is not the level of service that we aim to provide. Should your travels lead you back to Miami we hope that you would allow us to host your stay.

Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Overall, my stay was full of disapointments. In chronological order, these were the incidents that would make me not recommending these to my friends or Family members:

0. Before arriving in the hotel, I wanted to get additional info on the room which I had reserved (e.g. if the room had a microwave oven). Tried through the hotel contact email, never got any response - only was able to get that through an expensive international telephone call.

1. After a few days onsite, guest services called me in order to offer additional help for my checkout - for my surprise my checkout was errouneously set for Friday, even though I still had several days still planned for my stay (more precisely, still 6 days left), confirmed through my reservation number. I had to move myself from my room, to go to the Reception in order to show my confirmation data, which could had been done by the guest services themselves I would guess, if they had checked hyatt database (my only action was to show the email sent from Hyatt servers)

2. In the next few days (by Saturday), my baby daughter's medication (liquid powder) was left on our bed in the morning. When we arrived at night, we noticed the room had been serviced, but we were not able to find this medication.

3. In the day after, my wife left her security blanket in the hotel (also in the bed), imagining it would be safer than leaving it on our rental car. To our surprise, we had the same problem from the baby's liquid powder.

4. Next morning, we reported it to the housekeeping supervisor (Sandra). She said she would try to find both, and that a status would be reported to us, up until our programmed leave (Wednesday). That status report never happened.

5. On the other morning, another thing was missing - my baby daughter's small doll (Pooh's piglet) which had been bought two days before. In this case, it was reported in the same night we noticed, to the reponsible housekeeping supervisor (not able to catch her name). She said an email would be sent to the responsibles, and that we would be able to get some information by the checkout time.

6. During checkout time, when asked about my stay, I reported all of this again. By this time, I saw some calling going back and forth, but no practical result. Also by this time I heard promises on status reporting, but so far (3 days after leaving the hotel) nothing was heard. Besides this, they said they never heard about these incidents, which shows a lot of miscommunication problems in this process.

7. To complete the series, after checking the bill on my way out, I noticed some long distance calls which were billed incorrectly to my account. This was the only case which was treated right away, mainly because those calls were made during periods which I was not my room.

8. Additionally, on my checkout day, I called guest services as to have additional information over transportation services to the airport provided by the hotel - they answered this service was not provided, and didn't offer me any option, even though on the standard message left on my answering machine, they mention help with transportation services.

For all of this and due to the unsatisfying guest services treatment, I would not recommend this hotel - never had problems with other Hyatt or other similar hotel chains in the US (in my several stays in these last 10 years), so I don't believe this was just a matter of unluckiness.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is through comments like yours that we are able to continously improve.

We sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay at our property and would like to assure you it is not the level of service that we aim to provide.

I would love the opportunity to further discuss with you and can be reached at 305-640-6635 or via email at ryan.hendriks@hyatt.com

Should I be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel was everything and more, I only wished that I was able to stay longer to enjoy all the ammenities that it had to offer. My husband had a business appointment the following day so we opted to for a overnighter in Miami, and it truly was spectacular. We had a late dinner at 5300 chops and it was to die for. The food and staff were great. The room....I don't have enough room or words to say how beautiful, spacious and elegant it was. The bathroom even had a tv in it so that I could enjoy the spa style tub and watch a movie. How's that for convenience!!! Full kitchen with everything that you would need and the huge tv (which my husband throughly enjoyed!)! We are already planning a long weekend stay here in the "very" near future.

Room Tip: I would choose an upper floor room, we stayed on the bottom floor and we could hear kids running aro...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for such wonderful comments!

We are so glad to hear that you had a nice time during your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our hotel's amenities!

We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and look foward to hosting your stay in the future!

Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

From the airport it's a $30 cab fare to this great location. Rooms are large, clean with all the facilities you'd expect. Nice pool with bar and super little restaurant. If, like us, you didn't want to travel after a long flight from London then this is a great one night stop over - friendly staff who couldn't have done more.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay.

We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. Should your travels lead you back to Miami we hope that you would allow us to host your stay.

Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went here for nieces graduation...reallynthoughtnit was a great condo until I laid in the bed. It was so soft that my back immediately started hurting. Let me say that I like a soft fluffy bed but this was zero support. I. Rounded up the extra large decorator pillows and slept on the floor. Maybe this was just that particular bed. You should definitely ask them about their bed befor going here.

Room Tip: Just ask about their beds.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for making the time to share your experience with us. It is through comments like yours that we are able to continously improve.

We sincerely aplogize for the challenges you encountered during your stay at our property and would like to assure you that it is not the level of service that we aim to provide.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I am currently staying at this hotel based on these reviews. Boy did they miss the mark. The room was nice, only one glass had a huge crack in it so I guess that isn't bad. Called for a shuttle yesterday to take me to lobby. Never showed. 20 min later just walked. I am in day 2 and my room has yet to be serviced. Called the front desk and they don't seem to care. They not once apologized or agreed to work around my schedule to clean it they just said they would send someone. It is 4:00??!! My family just got back after being out from 9-3:30. It is raining and they want me to leave because they can't operate a hotel properly. MOD said "what so you want me to do about that?" Serious lack of professionalism on her part. Hopefully the next two days are tolerable so we can check out, tell our friends in NY about this place, and never return. They aren't huge issues but their lack of attention to customer service have really left a mark. Beware!

• Stayed September 2013
We regret to hear that we failed to meet your expectation, It is and will always be our commitment to provide our guest with a value hotel opinion and an enjoyable vacation experience. We sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay at our property and would like to assure you it is not the level of service we aim to provide. I hope that you will be willing to give us a second chance to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need any assistance planning your next visit, I can be reached at 305-640-6635 or via email at ryan.hendriks@hyatt.com
Rooms Division Manager

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!