“Super impressive!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

Save Saved
You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Doral
“Super impressive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were amazing so nice and clean. .. Staff was super attentive and very polite. . I if i absolutely had to find one thing wrong, It would be the fact that they do not have enough parking spots. . Other than that absolutely no complaints! Will definitely return back with my family.

• Stayed June 2013
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us! Your kind comments will be shared with our team as they will be glad to hear them!

We were happy to learn that this was your first impression with our property and hopefully there will be many more stays to come in the near future!

511 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This Doral location is a bit out of the Miami area, but I use it when I have work nearby. The suites are located on a golf course, currently under renovation and unusable. The rooms are clean and decorated in a modern fashion. This is where it becomes a bit "unfunctional". The drapery is hung in six separate wide sheets attached to a track at the top with velcro. There is no hardware to open and close the drapery. You have to pull the panels. Of course, when you pull them, the velcro separates and the panels begin to peel off the mounting. After calling this to managements attention several times, I decided, when they fixed it (very rapid response), I would no longer try to open the drapery. The bathroom is modern, with a glass enclosure for the shower. Elegant, but the water escapes through the sides and bottom of the door onto the floor. The sinks are raised and take all the available counter space. Again, aesthetically nice, but functionally bad. One more thing. The bed has a sheet and then a thick comforter (most hotels are now doing this). If you like to have more than a sheet on the bed at night, you have to use the thick comforter. This, of course, can be hot. So I turn down the AC to 65 degrees to compensate. I would think hotels would notice their higher electricity costs, but maybe its worth it to them. The restaurant is nice, cold (they crank the AC) and Brian, my waiter, is very engaging and professional. As Hyatts go, I can't give it a top score, but will probably go back here again since I am a platininum member in their awards program....

Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your guestroom and your time at our property.Please accept our sincerest apologies for the drapes in your room. Should your travels lead you to Miami in the future we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to host your stay.

If i may be of any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I will do my best to assist.

florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our family of four stayed for 4 days/3 nights and had no complaints. Check in was very fast and easy- and they were able to honor our request to be in a building closer to the pool and restaurant. Our room was quite large-(king bed, plus sofa bed, and kitchen!) and very clean! It was nice having a balcony also. (Only slight negative is if someone is staying in the room next to you and they are outside on their balcony, you are very close to them.) One of the cables on the back of the TV had come loose and they sent a person to fix it right away. We also requested some extra blankets at one point and someone brought them to us within 10 minutes. The parking lot was definitely a bit crowded at this property. The bathroom was awesome. Jet tub, separate shower stall, and separate toilet area. There is also a TV in the bathroom! And CLEAN!
The pool area was lovely- clean dry towels are available- along with ice water for everyone.
Check out was also fast and easy. Every employee we encountered were always very friendly. We will definitely stay here again if we need to be in Doral.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at Hyatt Miami at the Blue! It was a pleasure to provide you with a seamless stay. I am thrilled every experience you had exceeded your expectations and hope we get the opportunity to continue to welcome you back in the future!

All my best,
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Hotel was beautiful and just like it was advertise on the brochure I would stay there again on one condition that they tell you that its a &75.00 per day charge
and also the bugs were terrible
bathroom was not as clean as it could a been
but all in all it was Nice to say the least

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your comments.

Please accept our apologies for the challenges experienced during your stay. Please note this is not the level of customer service we aim to provide and it is with your comments that we can continuously improve. I will pass along your feedback to the appropriate team members so that we can prevent the same challenges from occurring in the future.

Should your travels lead you back to Miami we hope that you would allow us to host your stay.

Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Beware of this hotel's deposit policy. I was advised of a $75 deposit, which I thought was standard and customary. I was not advised the deposit was $75 per night, which I found out after seeing a charge for $225. Upon speaking to management, I was advised there was nothing they could do about it.

Other than this issue, this is a wonderful hotel and I would stay here again (if I had an extra $225 to spare...lol)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt L, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry you were unhappy with the $75 credit card authorization per night to cover incidental charges. Please know this amount will not be charged to you unless you incurred actual charges during your stay. This was an authorization only. If for some reason the authorization has not dropped off and you did not charge anything to your room please call the hotel directly and ask for accounting and we will look into it.

Again, we are happy to hear that everything else was great and we look forward to your return visit to the hotel the next time you are in the area.

Matt Lahiff
General manager
Grand Cayman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed here for five nights because we needed to be in Doral; because of the mixed reviews, I was leary of staying but it was a great deal and so we took a chance. It was a very happy chance and I was pleased overall.

We stayed in the first building and so it was easy to get to the lobby and the pool. The room was pleasantly appointed and we did appreciate the fridge, cooktop and dishwasher. There were pots and pans and dishes and utensils which was nice but no cooking utensils (or corkscrew). The room was a good size and the bed comfortable. I liked having a separate living area with a couch and chair and TV. Although it was all one room, it did feel nicely separated. The bathroom was large with a jetted tub and separate shower and double sinks.

The pool was lovely. The pool bar was closed the one day I managed to get out there but a waiter did make the rounds and ask if we wanted anything to eat or drink. The drink prices had the usual obscene mark ups but it's a hotel and not unexpected.

Unfortunately, work suddenly interfered and I needed to use the "business centre". This was not good news as the room was the size of a large toilet stall and about as comfortable. The internet is an unsecured connection and I could not attach the printer to my computer. When I asked about it at the front desk, I was told that I would need to use the printer in the lobby at the front desk because the printer in the business centre was broken and that I would have to use the computer in the business centre. I put my documents on a flash drive and printed them from the local computer - and then was treated to very disapproving looks while my 40 plus pages were printing out on a printer intended to print out invoices.

I also agree with some of the reviews about the staff attitudes. It was very mixed - some people were very helpful and friendly and others were not ('nuff said about that)! There seemed to be no in-between. I also agreed that parking could be an issue if you wanted to be near your building...I suspect it gets better the further away your building is...

One final matter - when I checked out I was told that the water in the fridge that had been left there was not complimentary. I objected as there were no price tags on them nor was there anything anywhere that indicated the water would be charged to my account. She removed it because I was quite correct although she indicated that "of course it's not free - who gives away bottled water?": my response was "most hotels where I stay" (I travel for business regularly)!

Overall, good value and it was clean and comfortable. I would probably stay here again if I got a great deal and had to be in or near Doral again.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor in the first building and it was quiet and close to the pool and lobby.
Greetings from Miami,

Thank you for your feedback, please accept our apology for the inconvenience experienced with parking and the charge for the water bottle in your fridge.
I sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to evaluate your recent stay. As we continue to improve our services, comments like yours provide us with valuable feedback in identifying areas that concern our guests.

Thank you for your loyalty to Hyatt and for taking the time to bring your comments to our attention.
Please feel free to contact me if I may be any assistance.
Antigua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

All very modern and new. The upgrade was a nice surprise and wow! These things are bigger than your average home. All very nice and great room service. The food was pretty good too. Better than expected! I would stay here again for sure. Thanks guys.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay.

We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I myself am a big fan of our guestrooms and our suites. They are truly unique and spacious!

Looking forward to your return!

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!