“Incidentally incidentals” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Receive 15% Off
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Lakeland, Florida
“Incidentally incidentals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Beware of this hotel's deposit policy. I was advised of a $75 deposit, which I thought was standard and customary. I was not advised the deposit was $75 per night, which I found out after seeing a charge for $225. Upon speaking to management, I was advised there was nothing they could do about it.

Other than this issue, this is a wonderful hotel and I would stay here again (if I had an extra $225 to spare...lol)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt L, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry you were unhappy with the $75 credit card authorization per night to cover incidental charges. Please know this amount will not be charged to you unless you incurred actual charges during your stay. This was an authorization only. If for some reason the authorization has not dropped off and you did not charge anything to your room please call the hotel directly and ask for accounting and we will look into it.

Again, we are happy to hear that everything else was great and we look forward to your return visit to the hotel the next time you are in the area.

Matt Lahiff
General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Grand Cayman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed here for five nights because we needed to be in Doral; because of the mixed reviews, I was leary of staying but it was a great deal and so we took a chance. It was a very happy chance and I was pleased overall.

We stayed in the first building and so it was easy to get to the lobby and the pool. The room was pleasantly appointed and we did appreciate the fridge, cooktop and dishwasher. There were pots and pans and dishes and utensils which was nice but no cooking utensils (or corkscrew). The room was a good size and the bed comfortable. I liked having a separate living area with a couch and chair and TV. Although it was all one room, it did feel nicely separated. The bathroom was large with a jetted tub and separate shower and double sinks.

The pool was lovely. The pool bar was closed the one day I managed to get out there but a waiter did make the rounds and ask if we wanted anything to eat or drink. The drink prices had the usual obscene mark ups but it's a hotel and not unexpected.

Unfortunately, work suddenly interfered and I needed to use the "business centre". This was not good news as the room was the size of a large toilet stall and about as comfortable. The internet is an unsecured connection and I could not attach the printer to my computer. When I asked about it at the front desk, I was told that I would need to use the printer in the lobby at the front desk because the printer in the business centre was broken and that I would have to use the computer in the business centre. I put my documents on a flash drive and printed them from the local computer - and then was treated to very disapproving looks while my 40 plus pages were printing out on a printer intended to print out invoices.

I also agree with some of the reviews about the staff attitudes. It was very mixed - some people were very helpful and friendly and others were not ('nuff said about that)! There seemed to be no in-between. I also agreed that parking could be an issue if you wanted to be near your building...I suspect it gets better the further away your building is...

One final matter - when I checked out I was told that the water in the fridge that had been left there was not complimentary. I objected as there were no price tags on them nor was there anything anywhere that indicated the water would be charged to my account. She removed it because I was quite correct although she indicated that "of course it's not free - who gives away bottled water?": my response was "most hotels where I stay" (I travel for business regularly)!

Overall, good value and it was clean and comfortable. I would probably stay here again if I got a great deal and had to be in or near Doral again.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor in the first building and it was quiet and close to the pool and lobby.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Greetings from Miami,

Thank you for your feedback, please accept our apology for the inconvenience experienced with parking and the charge for the water bottle in your fridge.
I sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to evaluate your recent stay. As we continue to improve our services, comments like yours provide us with valuable feedback in identifying areas that concern our guests.

Thank you for your loyalty to Hyatt and for taking the time to bring your comments to our attention.
Please feel free to contact me if I may be any assistance.
Antigua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

All very modern and new. The upgrade was a nice surprise and wow! These things are bigger than your average home. All very nice and great room service. The food was pretty good too. Better than expected! I would stay here again for sure. Thanks guys.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay.

We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I myself am a big fan of our guestrooms and our suites. They are truly unique and spacious!

Looking forward to your return!

Warm regards,
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Revamping of golf course underway along with external painting. Interior of room a pleasant surprise; very well appointed with large microwave oven, fridge/freezer as well as spacious open plan bed/living area. Downside for short business trip is absence of desk/desk light. Well equipped, small, gym attractive pool.

Staff very pleasant and efficient. Restaurant appropriate for "casual dining" limited but interesting choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such wonderful comments! We are so glad to hear that you had a nice time during your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our hotel's amenities! We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and look forward to hosting your stay in the future!

Warm regards,
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The two agents at checkin were super nice (Vanessa and her colleague whose name started with an M., I think). The Diamond fruit and drink amenity is great.
Breakfast is pretty standard, but dinner in the restaurant was out of this world. Get the Charrusco steak!
It's hotels like these why you want to stay at Hyatts!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your review with us. It sounds like your stay was made especially enjoyable by our friendly and outgoing staff! I will certainly share your comments about Vanesa and Meryl. Each one of our team members genuinely enjoys getting to know our guests and making them feel welcome. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future. Until then, safe travels!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Booked for 2 nights, stayed 4 as it was so lovely. Great and friendly service, lovely surroundings and rooms.they are redoing the holes of the golf course in front of the rooms but does not disturb. Pool area lovely and 20 min drive to Miami beach.
Good base to get to Everglades, Keys wherever, super restaurants in the area.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Matt L, General Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for the great comments. We are happy you were able to spend a couple of extra days with us. I wish the golf course view was a little bit better than what you experienced, however, when it is completely renovated it will be stunning.

We look forward to seeing youin the future.

Matt Lahiff
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel has been totally re-done and amazing. Beautiful Suites right on the Golf Course, clean, friendly staff, relaxing pool. Front desk was so accommodating.... our room was not ready when we arrived (we were early), so we had a drink outside on the comfortable couches around a fire pit. The grounds are beautiful! Water on one side, gold course on the otherf! Couldn't ask for better! Got it on Priceline for a steal... truly 4+ star!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations with the comfort and style of our rooms and our staff . I will be sure to share your experience with our team. Also, our pool bar accommodations are always set up to impress, and we are glad you and your family agree. We hope to have you stay with us in the near future.
Best Regards,
Rooms Division Manager

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!