We stayed here for five nights because we needed to be in Doral; because of the mixed reviews, I was leary of staying but it was a great deal and so we took a chance. It was a very happy chance and I was pleased overall.
We stayed in the first building and so it was easy to get to the lobby and the pool. The room was pleasantly appointed and we did appreciate the fridge, cooktop and dishwasher. There were pots and pans and dishes and utensils which was nice but no cooking utensils (or corkscrew). The room was a good size and the bed comfortable. I liked having a separate living area with a couch and chair and TV. Although it was all one room, it did feel nicely separated. The bathroom was large with a jetted tub and separate shower and double sinks.
The pool was lovely. The pool bar was closed the one day I managed to get out there but a waiter did make the rounds and ask if we wanted anything to eat or drink. The drink prices had the usual obscene mark ups but it's a hotel and not unexpected.
Unfortunately, work suddenly interfered and I needed to use the "business centre". This was not good news as the room was the size of a large toilet stall and about as comfortable. The internet is an unsecured connection and I could not attach the printer to my computer. When I asked about it at the front desk, I was told that I would need to use the printer in the lobby at the front desk because the printer in the business centre was broken and that I would have to use the computer in the business centre. I put my documents on a flash drive and printed them from the local computer - and then was treated to very disapproving looks while my 40 plus pages were printing out on a printer intended to print out invoices.
I also agree with some of the reviews about the staff attitudes. It was very mixed - some people were very helpful and friendly and others were not ('nuff said about that)! There seemed to be no in-between. I also agreed that parking could be an issue if you wanted to be near your building...I suspect it gets better the further away your building is...
One final matter - when I checked out I was told that the water in the fridge that had been left there was not complimentary. I objected as there were no price tags on them nor was there anything anywhere that indicated the water would be charged to my account. She removed it because I was quite correct although she indicated that "of course it's not free - who gives away bottled water?": my response was "most hotels where I stay" (I travel for business regularly)!
Overall, good value and it was clean and comfortable. I would probably stay here again if I got a great deal and had to be in or near Doral again.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Miami At The Blue Hotel
- Hyatt Miami At The Blue Hotel Doral
- Blue Hotel Doral
- Blue Resort Doral
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Doral, just 20 minutes west of downtown Miami. Golf fanatics, spa lovers and foodies alike will find just what they’re looking for at Miami’s ultimate all-suite property, Hyatt Miami at The Blue. Overlooking the World-Famous TPC Blue Monster Golf Course, our Miami boutique hotel sits on 17 spacious acres and boasts a free-standing clubhouse and amenities galore. Go ahead, indulge yourself. Sunbathe on the pool deck. Pamper your senses at the private spa and gym. Savor al fresco dining in the Florida sunshine at the pool bar. Retreat back to your room, where all of our spacious suites feature full kitchens. When the sun goes down, head to 5300 Chop House and Lounge, our in-house restaurant and bar. Our Miami luxury hotel is characterized by resort-style living and matched by extraordinary personal service. Hyatt Miami at The Blue is a once in a lifetime experience. Are you ready? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hyatt Miami at The Blue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.