“For the right kind of trip - great, but not for a one-night fly-by” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Miami at The Blue

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Doral
Oklahoma City
“For the right kind of trip - great, but not for a one-night fly-by”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a nice resort, if you plan on coming for several days & would like to have access to a kitchen. The exterior looks a little worn but the room interior is very upscale. I booked a one night stay, thinking it was close to the airport, for a fly-in & cruise the next day. It started out as a bargain, but the taxi fares quickly nullified that. The staff was exceptional & very courteous.
The only cleanliness issue was the bathtub. It filled with green water & when the jets were turned on, a brown foam appeared. Fortunately, the massive walk-in shower worked well. If I were staying several days, had my own transportation, and wanted a great place to relax in the evenings I would not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Hyatt Miami at The Blue, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your comments.Please accept our apologies for the challenges experienced during your stay.Should your travels lead you to Miami in the future we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to host your stay.

If i may be of any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I will do my best to assist.

537 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
knoxville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

What a lovely place! My room is extra large, with full galley kitchen, including microwave, dishwasher and full size refrigerator. Also includes sitting area with couch and chair and dining table and 4 chairs. My first floor room has a magnificent view of the 13th hole of the Doral. The swimming pool area is beautiful. I came here for a conference. The service and the food have been a pleasant surprise. Best part is the staff. They are so nice and helpful, always asking what they can do and how we like the service. There is no sense of the busy traffic and business neater by. Feels like an island resort.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to return with the family for vacation.
The hotel shows a little age, wear and tear but overall a great place to stay.

This place is an oasis in the middle of a bustling, large city. 15-20 minutes from the airport.

Room Tip: The hotel is built along side a golf course, so the walk to restaurant/pool/spa can seem overwhelmin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Hyatt Miami at The Blue, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay with us. I would like to thank you for the lovely comments about our property. Working in hospitality, its always quite rewarding to know that our guest have a wonderful stay. It is our goal to provide excellence in customer service and I am delighted to hear that you were treated with great customer service by our highly trained staff. We look foward to hosting your stay in the future!
Warm Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel is right next to the Doral golf courses. Big suite room. Bedroom and living area are separate. I had 2 bathrooms in my unit. One for the bedroom and one for the living area. It had a kitchen so you can cook if you want to. Service seemed good, but I was always out of my room doing something. I never ate at the Chop House at this hotel but some of my friends did and said it was very good. If you are looking for the beach this isn't your hotel. It's a good half hour or more drive to the beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. Looks like you stayed in our deluxe suite, that is personally one of my favorite rooms. I hope that we can have the pleasure of hosting you in the near future and that our staff is able to assist you with any special request that you may have.

Looking forward to your return!

Rooms Division Manger
Phoenix, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Upon arrival the "computers are down". Had no way to look up my reservation or price quoted. Wifi also down the entire stay. Made getting work done difficult - yes there on work related training.
Room was ok, view - there was none to speak of. Parking - no enough spaces for entire hotel.
Room was clean, quite, water was hot and strong, nice towels. Be aware - 3 bedroom suite has no closet, but did have private bath. Seemed like this was ment to be used as a den not bedroom. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Hyatt Miami at The Blue, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is through comments like yours that we are able to continously improve.

We sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay at our property and would like to assure you it is not the level of service we aim to provide.

I would love the opportunity to further discuss with you and can be reached at 305-640-6635 or via email at ibrocato@hyattmiamiblue.com

Should I be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have a superior double, and its quite possibly the largest hotel room I have stayed in, and I have stayed in a few. You need an intercom to get to the people at the other end. If this was in London, it would be a hotel itself. Ok so you get me " its big". Its also the third stay at this resort, and it wont be my last. The bed is huge, the bathrooms (2) are clean well stocked and have enough water pressure in the shower to render you unconscious. Its amazing that in a state that has a water shortage, that there is so much in my shower. The Kitchen are is clean and the fridge tv and sofa are huge... All in all for the price it is amazing.

Room Tip: Get the top floors of the apartments.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay.

We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I myself am a big fan of our guestrooms and our suites. They are truly unique and spacious!

Looking forward to your return!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just returned from a family wedding in Miami, stayed at the Hyatt Blue in Doral. The buildings may seem old outside, but the rooms are fantastic! Kitchenette with modern appl.,king size bed,
Huge bath with whirlpool tub & rainshower stall, exceptionally clean. Great service, balcony overlooks golf course, beautiful pool area. Good continental breakfast, very helpful staff. Good central location to visit all Miami attractions. I highly reccomend it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such wonderful comments! We are so glad to hear that you had a nice time during your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our hotel's amenities! We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and look forward to hosting your stay in the future!

Doral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have now stayed 3 times at the Blue. I have seen the transistion from before and after the Hyatt take over. It has simply improved with time. The rooms are perfect and very spacious. The bar is nice, but can be little quiet for me. The lcation is a few miles from the airport which works for me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hyatt Miami at The Blue? Share your experiences!