“Bad exterior, amazing interior” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Doral
San Antonio, Texas
“Bad exterior, amazing interior”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed here several times, they have only 3 times of room: studio, one bedroom and 3 bedroom, so don't get confuse by the deluxe, or other names they use. They also have "golf views" the reality is very few rooms have golf view since they all are blocked by the trees along holes number 12 and 13 of the blue monster, the only rooms with a golf view are the 3 bedrooms that go all the way up to the 3rd floor. If you see it on the outside, it's a really bad hotel, but the decoration on the inside is very nice, I don't know who the interior designer was, but they made an spectacular room with super cheap materials. All rooms have kitchen. They have a major problem with parking, looks like a lot of the owners (is a condo hotel actually) live there and have more than one car, so try to get a room by buiding #10 if you have a rental, otherwise you will need to walk a long way to your room

Room Tip: There're no golf views, unless you get a 3 bedrooms, all other rooms are blocked by the trees of...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hyatt123Doral_FL, Manager at Hyatt Miami at The Blue, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is through comments like yours that we are able to continously improve.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future. Until then, safe travels!

Warm Regards,
Ingrid Brocato
Rooms Division Manager

538 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently for a business trip (my husband's business), and I had the pleasure of relaxing in the room for the 2 days he was working. It was WONDERFUL, the room is very large, the bed and seating areas are sooooo comfortable, the table is spacious enough to work on, the view from the balcony very tranquil, and I cannot say enough about the bathroom! The shower is amazing, very very spacious with a massive rain shower head (not to mention the TV, I'm not much of a TV watcher but got a kick out of it just the same). The tile floor beyond the shower does get incredibly slick when wet so be aware of that. The lighted closet area was terrific, with PLENTY of storage to tuck away the suitcases. The walls seem a *tiny bit* thin, as we could hear our neighbor's children and TV both nights, but our own travel fan mostly drowned it out. The kitchen was perfect for the space, and well-stocked with dishes and cookware (could have used a dishtowel or some paper towels though, had to re-purpose a hand towel for the kitchen :) The WiFi worked great, had to reset it once or twice but no big deal. If we're ever staying in the Doral area for any reason again we'll definitely make this our choice for accommodations!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Hyatt Miami at The Blue, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such wonderful comments!

We are so glad to hear that you had a nice time during your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our hotel's amenities!

We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and look forward to hosting your stay in the future!

jsandler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was our third time staying at the blue the first when it was not under Hyatt and the last two with the Hyatt managing the resort. The rooms are spacious and clean. The front desk was very attentive and whenever I requested something they called 5 -10 minutes later to see I was satisfied. They also seem to go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. When we did have a problem like with the Internet the engineer was at our door within 5 minutes correcting the problem. My wife and I will return and I highly recommend the resort. As with any resort their will be problems but as long as their is quick attention and rectification of the problem I have no complaints.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us! Your kind comments will be shared with our team as they will be glad to hear them!

We were happy to learn that this was the third time staying with us and hopefully there will be many more stays to come!

Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed last week, is the perfect room when you travel with the family and want to play golf.Sad to say I was on a business travel. I stayed there with my associates and had to stay longer than expected, the front desk did everything they could to keep our rooms because the hotel was already booked, the manager (a lady with nice eyes) made a miracle with us. The night shift bartender was a lovely person who let us stayed after the closing hour.

Room Tip: Bring a soft pillow
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Hyatt Miami at The Blue, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay with us!

We are so happy to hear that you had a lovely time with us. Thank you for your kind comments regarding both our Front Office staff and our evening bartender. I will make sure to pass the positive comments along.

Should your travels lead you back to Miami we hope that you would allow us the opportunity to host your stay.

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the Hyatt Miami at Blue for at least five weeks over the past six months, and here are my thoughts:

Pro: Rooms - The rooms at this hotel are very large, especially the bathrooms. Each room is equipped with a kitchen, balcony, living room and dining area.

Pro: Beds - At first glance, the beds don't appear comfortable, but appearances can be deceiving. I slept very well every evening.

Pro: Staff - The service at this hotel is very good. They quickly take care of requests. If valets see you walking around the property, they quickly offer you a ride in their vans or golf carts to get you where you are going.

Pro: Food - I've ordered food service and groceries multiple times here, and I have eaten at the hotel restaurant. Food was pretty good each time.

Pro & Con: I loved the pool. It was heated and is open 24 hours. However, there were a couple times when it seemed to go without a cleaning because there were plenty of leaves floating.

Overall, I consider this hotel a favorite and plan to stay there whenever I need to be in Doral.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Hyatt Miami at The Blue, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty, we are delighted to hear that you have allowed us to host your stay for several weeks.

We also would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. We truly appreciate your comments and look forward to your return!

Should I be of any future assistance please do not hesitate as I will be more than happy to assist.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed here a couple of nights for work recently and was pleasantly surprised by the property and accommodations. The rooms are designed as time share properties, thus you are getting something much larger than the standard hotel room. My suite was at least 700 square feet with a nice sitting area that included a couch, chairs and a dining table. Also full service kitchen. Huge bathroom with both a large shower and jetted tub. Pool area was nice enough and I enjoyed a glass of wine during happy hour at the bar along with a good ceviche. Something to keep in mind, is that this property is in an industrial area with at least a 30 minute drive to places like south beach. Nothing much to do near this hotel (aside from golf) in terms of tourist activities, etc. There is a decent shopping center nearby where you can stock the room and purchase your morning cup of Starbucks. My only minor complaint is that there were teeny ants both in the kitchen area and bathroom. I asked the staff to take care of it, but even after they supposedly did, the little critters were still there. I recognize bugs are a part of Florida, but I really don't want to hang out with them in my room. Front desk didn't offer much in the way of explanation or apology upon check out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Hyatt Miami at The Blue, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your guestroom and your time at our property.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the ants you spotted in your room.

Should your travels lead you to Miami in the future we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to host your stay.

If i may be of any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I will do my best to assist.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Really impressed with the Hyatt at the Blue. My room was huge and very comfortable. Loved being able to sit on my balcony and look at The Blue Golf Course. Room service was great and always less than 30 minutes. Can't wait to return next year!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Hyatt Miami at The Blue, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments regarding your recent stay with us!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed both your time at our property and the view from your guestroom! It really is quite relaxing!

We look forward to your return next year!

Jessica

Been to Hyatt Miami at The Blue? Share your experiences!