“Very pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

Save Saved
You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Doral
La Gaude, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
“Very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights during a business trip. It was close to the office I visited and also from the airport so very convenient.
Room was big, very well furnished with top kitchen appliances. Everything was very clean and tidy, the room had a small terrace, but next time I'll ask for a higher floor to get a proper view on the golf course ( I was on ground floor)
Small drawbacks: even though the tv was recent and large, the programs were really not up to the standard, only one or two hd channels and the rest was not even watchable for some...
The Internet access was ok but the usage of VPN was not permitted ( I did not bother asking the hotel staff about it) and I had to reboot the wifi router a couple of times during the week.

Overall a very pleasant experience, and the best sleeps I have ever had in a hotel, thanks to quietness of the place and quality of the bed

Room Tip: Choose a high floor to get a nice view on the golf course
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

557 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My experience at the Hyatt was very pleasant. I don't think many people have commented on the room service & maid service - impeccable. Very friendly staff. I don't think many people have commented on their breakfast menu either, it's amazing.

I would highly recommend staying here to people who want a nice place where they can self-cater. the kitchen was fully equipped with utensils, pots, pans, glasses and so on. I will definitely stay here again if I visit in the future. I was caught in the Isaac storm, which didn't really hit Miami, but regardless of that, the hotel take safety of their guests as a priority. Overall, a very well run Hotel, friendly staff and a great location in Doral.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us in regards to your recent stay.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and appreciate your nice words about our staff!

Should your travels lead you back to Miami we hope that you will return to stay with us.

If i may be of any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

PANAMA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

one word: AMAZING! Dont stay in another hotel in Miami. this is the best hotel by far. I took my family and we felt just like home.
rooms are huge and everything is new! Kitchen was impecable, showers and bathrooms are new and clean.
will be staying there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with feedback regarding your recent stay.

We truly appreciate your kind comments and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I chose this hotel because I needed a place to stay for the weekend before catching a flight. I wanted a nice place, but close to the airport hotel. This turned out to be more than I expected. The neighborhood is full of warehouses, but you don't feel it, because you have a golf course and beautiful palm trees. My room had a full kitchen, dinning table, sofa bed and a king bed. My room had free wifi and i could park in front of my room at no charge. Perfect! It was to only close to the airport (15 min) but also close to 2 great shopping malls.

Room Tip: You need a car to stay here, no airport shuttle.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at Hyatt at the Blue for a conference being held at the adjacent Doral Resort. It's not a location we would have chosen if it wasn't for the program at Doral, but after a three night stay I found it very convenient to the beaches, Coral Gables, downtown and other areas we visited during our stay. I would definitely stay at this property again.

The suites are much larger than a typical hotel since the property was built as condos, and the rooms are beautifully cleaned and maintained. Honestly the outside of the property is pretty generic and unimpressive, so the interiors were a pleasant surprise. The bathrooms are ridiculously large, and beautifully appointed.

We initially checked into a King suite, which is essentially a large studio apartment. Because of a problem with the refrigerator, we needed to switch rooms the second day, and Diana handled it both professionally and quickly. We were very graciously upgraded to a much larger one- bedroom apartment

With reference to some of the other reviews, it's clear that this wasn't built as a regular Hyatt property, so I'm not sure it's realistic to compare it to other Hyatt hotels. They are offering as much as can realistically be offered in a facility that clearly wasn't built as a full-service hotel. At the same time, the rate at this property was less than half of what we would have paid at a standard hotel in most of the Miami area, and we received far more in terms of space and service. We stay in Miami fairly regularly, and the staff at this property was "hands down" superior to any of the other hotels. The service level was similar to that we would receive at much more expensive properties on South Beach, with none of the attitude.

Room Tip: The one-bedroom units are much brighter than the studio units, since there are windows on multiple s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback!

We truly appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our property.

Should your travels lead you back to Miami we hope that you will visit us.

If i may be of any future help please feel free to contact me.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Just ended a one night stay.

It was supposed to be two nights but the hotel was just too weird.
They let me check out one night early.

The lobby is an after thought......no vibe at all.

The check-in was quick but the Continental Breakfast included in my corporate rate confused them.

It was sorted out the next morning. The breakfast all looked like it came from yesterdays 7-11 rejects.

The studio room was big but odd. Second floor but the golf course view was blocked by the trees.

Parking is a problem. Narrow street goes around the property and there is not enough parking for each building.

The pool.......jump in....jump out.....nothing you would want to hang around in.

The Direct-TV was fuzzy......something I am seeing in all my Hyatt stays recently.

BUT THE SHOWER WAS FANTASTIC ! GREAT SHOWERHEAD AND PRESSURE !!

Don't waste a stay here.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

Please accept our apologies where we failed to meet your expectations.

Should you like to discuss your stay further please feel free to contact me directly.

Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hubby and I went to A Jet vs Dolphin football game September 23, 2012 and Had an fabulous @ns Weeding Anniversary on September 24, 2012. The hotel staff was great and so was the Spa Azul. We went to a few local cuban resturant. Would definitely recommend "La Esquina del Lechon" fantastic food and value. Service was great. While down their took atrip down to the Bayside Market also a lovely day out. Great mini getaway whished we stay longer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

We truly appreciate your feedback and are so happy to hear that you and your husband had a lovely weekend and great anniversary experience while staying with us!

Should your travels lead you back to Miami we hope that you will allow us to host your stay.

Jessica

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!