“Mini Anniversary Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Provident Doral at The Blue Miami

Save Saved
You added Provident Doral at The Blue Miami to your Saves list
Provident Doral at The Blue Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5300 NW 87 Avenue, Doral, FL 33178 (Formerly Hyatt Miami at The Blue)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Staten Island, New York
“Mini Anniversary Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hubby and I went to A Jet vs Dolphin football game September 23, 2012 and Had an fabulous @ns Weeding Anniversary on September 24, 2012. The hotel staff was great and so was the Spa Azul. We went to a few local cuban resturant. Would definitely recommend "La Esquina del Lechon" fantastic food and value. Service was great. While down their took atrip down to the Bayside Market also a lovely day out. Great mini getaway whished we stay longer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

We truly appreciate your feedback and are so happy to hear that you and your husband had a lovely weekend and great anniversary experience while staying with us!

Should your travels lead you back to Miami we hope that you will allow us to host your stay.

Jessica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Pleasanton, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Rooms are huge, service is friendlly, internet speed compares to a 14.4k modem, TV picture is just a grainy mess. I had a technician check it out but he confirmed that internet connection is always slow and TV reception is always poor since analog. I mentioned that I expected better from Hyatt but was told that hotel was not designed/built as a Hyatt... I will not return to this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us.

As of next week we will be increasing our internet bandwith along with upgrading our current T.V system. We will be upgrading to a new Hyatt TV and Internet program to ensure our guests can take advantage of the amenities the hotel has to offer without any challenges.

Should i be of any future assistance please feel free to contact me directly as i will be more than happy to assist.

Sales Coordinator
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We've stayed here twice - each time we had a 3 bdrm / 3 bath villa. We traveled with another family - 4 adults and 4 teenagers. LOVED the amount of space we had and the full kitchen. The deco was sleek and modern - very cool. A decent location to home base out of. We did the beach, downtown, everglades...all within 30-45 min drives. Small property - staff very accommodating. Would stay again if traveling with another family. If you're looking for a resort with big fancy pool area or a beach property - this isn't your place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay. We greatly appreciate your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future!

Should i be of any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night at this hotel during a weekend. We had an unusual request ( we had an issue with the check out as we observed the sabbath and weren't able to drive before sundown) . The staff went out of their way to accommodate us in the most polite way. It felt wonderful to be treated that way, same goes for the housekeeping . As for the rooms- super clean and very very spacious ( not the typical crammed feeling of a hotel room). Modern decor. Equipped with a state of the art full size kitchen ( perfect for longer stays !!!) which worked out great for us.I always rely on reviews when I book a hotel , so besides the location ( near an airport) and the fact that the buildings are spread out (not so bad since they chauffeur you back and forth from the main building), I can highly recommend this hotel for a really nice stay and a feeling of a home away from home...

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our staff was able to accomodate all your needs!

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Should i be of any future assistance please do not hesitate to contact me as I will be more than happy to assist.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I was attracted to this hotel as the rooms have 2 double beds plus a sofa bed - ideal for a family with 2 teenage children. The room is spectacular - chocolate and cream decor, a small kitchen, a large bathroom with walk-in shower and I especially liked the Sony Bluetooth music system which allowed me to stream music from my spotify account via the iPad!! We didn't have dinner here but the breakfast was good. The pool was relaxing and the staff were attentive and helpful. Excellent value at $129. Our favourite hotel during our Florida trip!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us!

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience.

We truly appreciate your comments and look forward to your return.

Should i be of any future help please feel free to contact me directly.

Have a great day!

Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed here in June 2012, me, my wife and my two kids (1yr and 5yrs). Because of the kids when looking for a hotel a full kitchen was a must. I was surprised that I found a Hyatt brand suite hotel with full kitchen for only $129 a night and with their ‘sunshine on sale’ package we got one night free. The stay was great and would stay there again and recommend to anyone. Below I have listed the good things and the not so good. Didn’t find anything bad.

THE GOOD
No hassle check in - we arrived at the hotel about 2:45pm way before the 4pm hotel check in time but was no hassle they just swiped my credit card, gave me the room keys, directed me to the room and that was it.
Large room -We had a standard double bed room and it was just as in the pictures on the website – Clean, separate kitchen area, separate living area with dining table, couch with roll out bed, porch with furniture. Planes do pass over the area frequently but the noise is not noticeable when inside. The room was a lot larger than a normal hotel room and spacious enough so that it didn’t seem cramped with the 2 kids, ample space for them to move and play about.
Full Kitchen - The kitchen had good durable all ‘Kitchen Aid’ appliances – stovetop, full fridge with icemaker, microwave, dishwasher and sink. It had pots, cutlery and dishes. The thing that was lacking though was there were no cooking utensils such as pot spoons, spatulas and even kitchen knives etc
Great Housekeeping Service – The housekeeping service was great they would come daily and clean out and tidy up the entire room and even pack up the kid’s toys and load and wash the dishes in the dishwasher.
Location - The Hotel is located close to most things (when driving), Walmart, lots of eating places, Dolphin and International Malls were about 15 mins or less away and there area does not usually have much traffic. Parking is just outside your room.

THE NOT SO GOOD
Internet - The free wireless internet worked fine the first couple of days and started to give trouble. The technician said that was because of high occupancy and told me I had to plug in the laptop to the network cable. A bit inconvenient but worked fine.
Lack of Information - I didn’t take the breakfast package and when I tried to enquire about the breakfast the front desk staff didn’t seem sure of the details of the available breakfast such as the price and whether it was full, continental or buffet breakfast.
Need a car - You need a car to stay here because not much is in walking distance and even in the hotel depending on your room it can be a long way to the front desk/main entrance. And as I didn’t take the breakfast I had to drive for breakfast.
View - We stayed on the ground floor and the view was bit poor just some bushy trees that hid the golf course behind.
Drapes – The drapes were held at the top with velcro and sometimes got unstuck when opening or if the kids gave it a little tug. So at times part of the drapes were hanging and hard to keep closed but nothing a hair clip to hold the two pieces together couldn’t fix. I reported it once and within minutes it was repaired.

SUGGESTIONS
Just two suggestions, 1. It should have a washer/dryer laundry facility besides dry clean. 2. Since they have a full kitchen some basic mini condiments would also be handy such as salt, pepper, ketchup, sugar, oil, dishwashing liquid etc. As we stayed 8 days we had to purchase those things and many had to be left behind.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. We are glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return.

In regards to your suggestion about having washer/dryer services available, I apologize if you were not informed upon check in but we do have washer/dryers available in our guestrooms that can be used at an additional cost.

Thank you once again for your comments as we truly appreciate them and are always looking for ways to improve.

Should i be of any further assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Have a great day!
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times for work, and it is a beautiful property! The rooms are huge, with a kitchen, dining and living room area, also with a very spacious bathroom. The views are nice, as they overlook the golf course. The restaurant is very good for breakfast, and the gym is perfect for daily workouts. Perhaps the only downside is that the property is very large, and if you are given a room at the very end, you would have quite a walk to the lobby/fitness/restaurant area. Overall, great hotek, and I will stay there again on my next trip to Miami.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
jbersier, Sales Coordinator at Provident Doral at The Blue Miami, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay!
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and your time with us.

We do provide shuttle service to and from the buildings and clubhouse in order to alleviate some of the walking around the property! Hopefully you can take advantage of that service upon your next visit with us!

Jessica

Been to Provident Doral at The Blue Miami? Share your experiences!