“Hotel Sold Out” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Natal, RN
“Hotel Sold Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed for two periods on this hotel, from JAN 21 until JAN 25, 2014, and from FEB 01 until 03 FEB 2014. During the first stay, everything went fine. But, on the second one.... I, my family and friends, paid in advance for both reservations on the Hotwire Site, when we arrived on FEB 01, at 8:30 a.m, we left our luggage at the hotel's conference room, when we came back to do our check in at almost 11:00 p.m, we were informed that the hotel was sold out. I told them that I had paid for the rooms, with 6 months in advance, and asked what had happened?? They gave me an excuse, and told me that they will take us to another hotel.and the problem was that we would have to came back the next day until 9:00 a.m., to have breakfast (which was included on the rate). When I arrived almost midnight at the other hotel, I asked if they serve breakfast, and they told me yes, but it was a menu breakfast. Resuming, people from Best Western were so cheapskate, that besides all the trouble they caused to us, they did not pay a breakfast for 4 adults and 2 children!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
bestwmiami, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear customer:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your observations. We are so sorry your stay was not what you deserve. We apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Please accept our apology for not providing you with the experience you deserve

Carmen Iglesias, Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Blacksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We arrived in the evening two nights before a cruise. Took the taxi driver a long time to get us there (not sure what they mean by airport hotel, no where near). Purposely got a suite with a kitchen, so we could eat most meals in the room. The dishes that were provided were greasy and dirty. It was gross and uncleanly. We had to wash everything before we used it. To make matters worse the stove top was not working. I went down to complain. The girl at the desk said there was nobody there that could fix it, but she would let the manager know. Nothing was ever done. That was one problem....The other one was no matter how many times I made sure we were on the cruise shuttle list for the next morning, they assured me we were, but the next morning we were not on any list and they had to scramble to squeeze us on to two different shuttles. Not only did I have a few words about this, I expected we would get some compensation for two nights without a working kitchen. They gave us $20 off one night stay...I would not recommend this hotel. Breakfast is gross and the exercise equipment is broken

Jenny

Room Tip: Don't get a suite....
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear customer:

I am very sorry to hear you did not have a very good experience while staying with us. I am very sorry about your experience with the dishes. While I was reading your comments, I was surprised since our Breakfast is a hot buffet with a lot of dishes and we always receive complements, also our exercise equipment is new and there is no broken machine in it. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again, so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We didn't start off well, as it took the taxi driver over an hour to reach the hotel onThursday 20th February. In this time he contacted his headquarter x3! Was he lost, or was he asking for a detour to get out of the Miami traffic? By the time we reached the hotel, we were too tired to go out looking for food. No drinks were available at the hotel either.
We had the included breakfast the following morning, but I object to eating with plastic cutlery, off plastic plates! But then breakfast did vary over the 2 days, sausages & egg rounds on day one, bacon and egg rounds on day 2. We were given a 4 th floor room overlooking a building site.The water in the swimming pool was 'freezing."
The hotel shuttle took us to the Dolphin Mall the following day, to the annoyance of 2 passengers who obviously had tight airport schedules( the shuttle was 15 minutes late arriving)
The passengers contacted the hotel and told them there was nothing on their web site about the shuttle going to the airport via 2 Malls. If they had known, they would have planned accordingly.

Our shuttle driver was 10 minutes early on Saturday 22 nd February, He also drove directly to the airport, the journey only took 20 minutes, but I heard reports from 2 other couples about being left at the airport and waiting 2 hrs. Our shuttle driver was helpful, in as much he directed us to the covered walkway, which would take us to the Miami Mover, which dropped us at the Car rental centre.
I would not stay at this hotel again, the taxi driver who took us back to from the Mall, said we should go to Miami Beach( how much would that cost based on our $50 fare from the airport) 'because it's boring here'- I couldn't agree more as in my opinion,catering facilities were sadly lacking.

Room Tip: We had a front room on the 4th floor (408) which was opposite a building site. I didn't see any...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
bestwmiami, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Guest:

On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your visit at our property. We will using your comments to implements improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guest in the future. We are very sorry to hear about your experience but by telling us we can improve and deliver a better and superior experience for you and other guest.
Because we value your business, we would like to provide you with a 20% discount to use towards a future stay. Please contact me directly, when you are ready to use your discount.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed 2 nights before going on a cruise. Had a few maintenance difficulties - key didn't work, carpet wet near bathroom and also near a/c unit. Reception informed and we changed rooms, also discount off final bill. Reception staff, housekeeping staff and maintenance staff polite and friendly. Breakfast area crowded but food was continually replenished. Used hotel shuttle from airport. As we arrived late we contacted hotel to check we had not missed last shuttle, which we hadn't and it was soon with us. No shuttle to Port of Miami but taxi/mini bus easy to arrange. A few places to eat nearby but we found them to be more fast food than restaurant. CVS and petrol station shop locally for anything you may have forgotten. Pleasant pool area. Would use this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your nice comments you made on Trip Advisor. Our staff take a lot of pride in providing all our guest a wonderful and unique guest experience.
I will share your comments with the staff and we would like to thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your next visit in our beautiful city.

Centerville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Had a one night layover between flights. Got the free airport shuttle without any problem, just 40 min wait. One level up from baggage claim, middle lane, can't miss it. Make sure you get the right Best Western, I think there are four although the Best Western Premiere was the only other shuttle I saw. I love the free breakfast, especially the self-serve waffle iron. Gym isn't much, but better than nothing. Staff was very pleasant and the accommodations were clean, comfortable, and spacious.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your recent stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West, and for taking your time to complete the survey in Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business and the wonderful comments. We look forward to hosting your next stay while in Miami.

Centerville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Had a one night layover between flights. Got the free airport shuttle without any problem, just 40 min wait. One level up from baggage claim, middle lane, can't miss it. I love the free breakfast, especially the self-serve waffle iron. Gym isn't much but better than nothing. Staff was very pleasant and the accommodations were clean, comfortable, and spacious.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your recent stay at Best Western Plus Miami Airport West. Your comments are very important to us. We appreciate your business and the great comments. We look forward to have you during your next stay in Miami.

vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

The staff was wonderful and the room and facilities were excellent. We really appreciated and enjoyed the hot breakfast! We highly recommend this hotel as well as the sit down restaurant on the main street across the parking lot from the BW!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwmiami, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I will share your comments with our staff, they take a lot of pride in providing all our guest a wonderful guest experience. I am glad you like our breakfast, thank you for your comments. We look forward to your next visit.

Carmen Iglesias, Assistant General Manager.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!