“Miami Airport GW Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Ft Walton Beech, United States
“Miami Airport GW Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with well trained staff, comfortable beds and clean rooms. Unlike most hotels their idea of breakfast was of high quality, could only be improved if the plates were china and the knives and forks were metal. The receptionists are very charming and know the local ares very well. if you enjoy a good high quality evening meal - do ask them for directions to the Italian one block away - this is as good as being in Italy. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwmiami, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
On behalf of the staff at Best Western PLUS Miami Airport West, I would like to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and your family. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

After my second stay at this hotel in two years, I can conclude

Pros
1. Accommodation is comfortable
2. Shuttle service is convenient
3. Front desk staff and housekeepers are courteous and helpful
4. Hotel is close to Dolphin and Miami International Malls (free by hotel shuttle and $10 by cab)
5. Hotel is close to eating places like Wendy's, Chick Fil a and Pollo Tropical

Cons
1. The complimentary breakfast needs to be improved. I got tired eating the same things morning after morning.
2. The shuttle driver was impolite, rude and dismissive. He acted as if he had personal problems. You would be attempting to ask him a question and he would lift his hands to tell you wait. At other times he would walk off while answering you briefly.
3. Pool needs to be cleaned more often. The trees hanging over had it in a mess.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

When traveling for business I have many options of where to stay. I always stay at the Best Western Plus Airport West Inn & Suites when in Miami because all of the employees make me feel like I'm at my second home. The accommodations are always perfect, clean, and updated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Extremely friendly staff. My room was very comfortable. Bed was great and pillows were perfect. I was so surprised when I checked in to see how spacious the rooms are. My room had a refrigerator and a microwave and a large flat screen television. The staff was always smiling and helpful whenever I needed advice or suggestions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nassau, Bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My trip in Miami was pretty short. As a family, we were on our way to a five day Western Caribbean Cruise - Key West and Mexico. We had an excellent arrival and departure experience. Prior to our arrival to the hotel, my children, 8 years old, and convinced me to stay at Best Western and they believed its slogan, "stay with people who care". They had seen the commercial on television and managed me to change my hotel to Best Western Hotel. They enjoyed the swimming pool but most of all the video game and flat screen television in the bedroom. As a mother, I found the laundry room facilities, most useful, The complimentary breakfast was a plus. We enjoyed it. Our departure, was facilitated expediously, as we were on our way to a cruise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

When first making reservation, staff seemed rude but I brushed it off. Arrived this afternoon around 3, but staff does not explain the fact that when we arrive, door would be open already and lock appears broken but that we needed to turn the handle to lock it from the inside. It would have saved a call to front desk. I pulled out sofa bed and the sheets and cover had all kinds of little black things on it. I pulled them off and looked at the mattress pads and it had piss stains on it and was full of hairs. I called front desk and she said you can come down to front desk and get more. What happened to customer service and them bringing it to the room. I told the front desk agent they werent clean and ahe said did you check in today? What the hell does that have to do with my sofa bed having dirty sheets. Please don't waste your time or money because I am sorry I did. The outside def fools you for what's inside. Too bad I have to spend two more damn nights here.

• Stayed July 2013

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Last minute reservation because I missed flight. Made reservation at 7:30pm (non refundable). The "complimentary" shuttle from airport to hotel finally arrived at 9:50pm, after 4 calls! Coffee carafe missing from room. Apparently the carafe wasn't missing....it's not provided; you're supposed to use the disposable cups! (That's what they told me). No time for coffee/breakfast .... they fail to tell you that the shuttle only operates once an hour (& they're only 5 miles from a major international airport). The staff was pleasant, but unfortunately for them, there are many hotels to chooae from. Very disappointing.

• Stayed June 2013
yuryjesus, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your cooperation in taking the time to complete this review following your visit to our property. Please know that your comments have been reviewed in detail with our staff and steps have been taken to ensure these faults are solved promptly and impeccably for our guests.
More information regarding our complementary services are available at our website. Again, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel. I hope the misunderstanding concerning our complementary services will not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!