“Lovely hotel overall, but far from Downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Doral
Vancouver, BC
“Lovely hotel overall, but far from Downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Overall my stay at this hotel was good. I found the front desk to be very friendly and approachable but very slow. If you only have a few hours to check out the city like I did, avoid Bayside and head straight for Miami Beach. It was disappointing how both the front desk and cab driver pushed me to go there instead, only to find a huge tourist trap when I got there. If you enjoy pushy sales people, cheap trinkets and overpriced dining then Bayside is definitely the place to go. The cab driver also repeatedly told me how dangerous downtown was on a Sunday and that I definitely should not walk around. I felt completely safe and even saved myself $45 to take public transit back to the hotel (take it to the airport and then call the hotel shuttle to pick you up).

I found the breakfast to be quite abysmal. I came down about 30 minutes before it was over, and there was basically rubbery eggs and bacon left. There was not even any bread for toast!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
yuryjesus, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We try in every way possible to offer you the finest in service, forever mindful that our guests deserve the best treatment. We have added extra seating to our breakfast area to fix the problem you experienced. Thank you for your patronage and hope you will stay with us in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bridgetown, Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I spent 6 days at the hotel and it was such a wonderful stay. From the reservation process Yuri the assistant general manager was so helpful.I could depend on him when I got there as well to give me any Information I needed. Our room was spacious and clean. It was equipped with a microwave and mini fridge which was very convenient. The housekeeping staff that serviced our room daily did a good job each time.We visited trip advisor prior to booking the hotel and we came across some negative comments which from my experience were not true. On arrival to the airport we gave the frontdesk a call who sent the shuttle over for us. The ride to the hotel was about half hour which wasn't too long in my opinion. One of the shuttle drivers "German" was very funny he had my boyfriend and I laughing for the entire ride he also gave us advice on things to do in Miami. That friendly encounter was one of our highlights. I took advantage of the the complimentary wifi and the complimentary computer room. I also used the shuttles for the Dolphin mall and Miami International mall that were complimentary as well. My suggestion would be if you are going to get the shuttle you should get there on time as they pick up from another hotel next door as well. Strategically placed on each level was a drink and snack machine which I found very convenient. As I was on vacation mode I had no interest in the gym but at least it was available and complimentary. Breakfast was great! there was quite a few options on the buffet and there was also someone replenishing if things ran out.Over all the service was good and the facilities and what was offered was great. I would definitely reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction. I am passing your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. We look forward to your return.
Belize City, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

the best western is a hotel it has a flat screen television.
it has two beds. it is very nice. it is near the airport.we were visiting we were from belize it is great
you have to go on a taxi we stayed there for one day it is a great area it is in doral the rooms are clean it is basic the shuttle service is 11 pm.

patrick faber

Room Tip: it is clean
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
yuryjesus, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review. We appreciated your comments and look forward to serve you in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a few nights after our cruise. We had stayed here before and although the hotel is pretty basic it was comfortable. However this time the hotel itself is ok and the staff at reception are friendly enough, the shuttle drivers though( except one) weren't very friendly, not sure if due to the fact they do not speak English very well. If you stay here you MUST DRIVE !!! Although places like Dolphin mall and Wallmart are near NB not walking distance, the taxi drivers do not like taking you there and back because it is a short drop and if they do decide to take you they are VERY RUDE and let you know that you are wasting their time with a short drop. This is not the hotels fault but as I said before nice, comfortable hotel if you drive, speaking Spanish helps as well.

• Stayed April 2013
yuryjesus, Assitant General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
On behalf of the staff at Best Western PLUS Miami Airport West, I would like to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and you family. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us in the near future.
cambridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Do not be fooled. This hotel is not close to Miami airport - it is a long way from the airport. If you don't mind this fact then it's fine. Hotel is clean and basically does what it 'says on the tin'. It's basic, clean and functional.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
yuryjesus, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for notifying us about you experienced at our property. We are very concerned that a misunderstanding like this could happen and I wish to apologize. Our property is located 7 miles west from Miami International Airport and we offer a complementary shuttle. For more information regarding our complementary services, please visit our hotel's website. Hope this inconvenience will not keep you from returning to the Best Western PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites the next time you are in Miami, Florida.
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with three friends after a long flight. The hotel is not near the airport and about a 15min car ride, they do offer a free shuttle service until 11pm.

The rooms are clean, breakfast has a quite large number of selections available including bacon and bagels on top of the standard(cereal, toast, juice,..).

Quite far from the beach so only recommended for an overnight stay before or after a flight.

• Stayed March 2013
It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction. We look forward to your return.
Brasilia, DF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel stands near Miami international airport. A quiet place.
Far from Moami beach and Sawgrass mall, but near major stores and Dolphin mall.
The pool is for photos only or a refresh in a hot day. It's pretty small.
If you stay there you can ask for airport transfer, and malls/outlet transportation. There is no need of car, but ir helps.

ps: below avaliation is wrong. I can't do the rith one from this machine. I'd give grade 4 for all the below classificiations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your cooperation in taking the time to complete a survey following
your visit to the Best Western PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites.
Your comments on our performance were most generous and shall be passed on to the
appropriate staff members. It is always gratifying to know that our efforts were effective and
appreciated. Best regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
4.5 of 5 stars 40 reviews
Baymont Inn & Suites Miami Airport West
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!