You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“2012 holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

People should look where the location of this hotel is before they complain that its not near the airport just like i did before i booked it. I did not want to be near the airport we had a rental car from the airport and found the hotel no problem. We had a suite room which for 2 adults and one child was perfect staff were ok breakfast was great only problem we had every time we came back room entry keys did not work so had to go back down to reception for them to sort, after that we stopped at reception on our way in everyday before going up to our suite.WOULD GO THERE AGAIN IF IN MIAMI

Room Tip: Choose a suite plenty of space
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed here after our cruise and wanted to be close to the airport for early morning flights. It was a good 15 minute shuttle. Rooms were below average in terms of comfort & cleanliness. Front desk staff were lacking in customer service attitude. Breakfast was good. Convenient to the Dolphin Mall, but they only offer one shuttle - morning drop off & evening pick up. We paid $10 for a taxi which was more convenient. Walk two blocks to a few restaurants and Winn Dixie. Probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

We picked this hotel because it looked okay on the internet. We also picked it because it was an "airport" hotel. We arrived late in the evening and were shocked to see how long it took for the courtesy van to go from the airport to the hotel. After check-in we were starving, but there did not seem to be any place to eat nearby within walking distance. We wound up getting some pizza delivered. Not good. We had an early morning flight and the shuttle was not running when we needed to leave. So we had to take a cab which cost an arm and a leg. Phooey on this place! NOT AN AIRPORT HOTEL!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Fernando, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I love this hotel, and I have been there on several of my trips to Miami. One of the main reasons I keep going back is the breakfast. A full breakfast is given inclusive of the price in buffet style. Also the coffee machines are available for use throughout the day.

The hotel is convenient located near to Dolphin Mall, and Miami International Mall. The hotel is NOT near to the airport as advertised, it is about a 20 minutes drive away. Although, there is an airport shuttle, hope that you do not arrive when the driver is on his lunch hour. The shuttle does not work 24 hours as well. So if you have an early flight, you should make alternative transportation arrangement.

The staff are generally friendly and helpful. I would return to this hotel in the future because of it's cleanliness, excellent location and full breakfast.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Hotel was ok. Had 1 handtowel and 1 washcloth in the room. No blanket in the room and no bedspread. The housekeeper was quick to bring the needed items when I talked to her directly. The front desk staff had done nothing about this when I mentioned it to them shortly after arrival. There was not enough room for seating in the breakfast area. This area was packed and I ate standing up one morning. The room tv was old and had a terrible picture.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Grimsby,Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

It was close enough to the airport for us,we had a rental car. They were not very nice to my wife while she checked us in,I was in Homestead,because she didnt have the same credit card I had made the reservation on. She had my passport and a valid card,they saw me in the lobby and I spoke to the desk clerk when I dropped her off, they knew we were together. My wife was barefoot in the room for approx 30 minutes and her feet were filthy,the bottom of the tub was black.The room smelled strongly of chemicals when I walked in later and when we asked for an extra blanket for my daughter they didnt have any,not one in the whole hotel, because they were full!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Prince Albert, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Located within close proximity to airport. We had a car rental with GPS and had no problem finding it. There are a couple of food choices within close driving distance though I don't think I'd prefer walking around the area at night. Front desk staff was mediocre and seemed more willing to serve Spanish speaking customers first and English second. Room was average, no complaints. Good place for a quick stopover upon arrival or departure from Miami.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!