“I was very pleased” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Trinidad
“I was very pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed at the Best Western hotel from the 4th August to the 10th of August. I was very pleased with all the services provided and really felt as if I got value for my money. Given that I had two children with me, the reservation clerk was wise in her decision to place us on the ground floor. This helped when I needed to take breakfast to the room since my children slept late. It also helped when I needed to sneak out early on mornngs to use the computer. Yes, there were only two computers but it only took a little common sense to determine the best time to access the facility. I never had to wait in line to use it.

The shuttle drivers were very helpful, the front desk staff were courteous and helpful, breakfast was good, the room was clean, the pool was clean and the shuttle service to the mall was convenient. I was on a three hotel vacation which started with Best Western, so that I could access Dolphin mall and Miami International Mall. The next leg of the vacation took us to the Doubletree hilton in Ft Lauderdale where we shopped at Sawgrass mall and then back up to Miami, for the last four days, where we stayed at the Hyatt.

I am sorry now that I chose the Hyatt downtown Miami over Best Western since the facilities I had at the former, I had to pay for at the latter. At the Best Western I had a mini refrigerator and microwave, free use of the internet and a free shuttle service. At the Hyatt, I had none of these. I also need to say that at Best Western i did not have to pay for any packages that I received at this hotel.

I would recommend Best Western to all my friends and family and i look forward to enjoying their services once again, in the not too distant future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
bucks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

we stayed here after a flght from the uk. took ages for the shuffle to arrive which I must add you need to call up to pick you up and its a long way from the airport for a airport hotel.
yuck breakfast if you like to eat healthy but ok

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The hotel facilities are very nice. It's very well located if you want to go shopping to Miami International Mall or Dolphin Mall.
The staff is quite friendly and helpful. They attended very quickly the requests we did (two minor fixes in the bathroom, nothing important).
It would be great if they added a couple of options more for breakfast. Besides, it would be great if they offered lactose-free milk for lactose intolerant people who want to get some cereal for breakfast.
To say it shortly: we would go back to this hotel with no problem. We got a very good room with very good service for an affordable price. Good choice if you want to go to Miami.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Veldhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights, 2 persons. Comfortable room, clean bathroom, breakfast very good and enough tables for everyone. Free internet and 2 computers for guests (sometimes you have to wait for others). Near the Dolpnin Mall and International Mall (east side of Miami)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Kingston, Jamaica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

i stayed at this hotel for two nights and it was pretty average, its abt 5-10 mins drive from dolphin mall where we wanted to do some shopping, its a long wait to get a cab to the mall because the distance is so short the cabs take forever. Im pretty sure the hotel's website said they had a shuttle,,,,,,,,,,still wondering how come we didnt see it during our stay. when we were ready to go to the airport we were told we'd have to wait 45 mins which was way too long to catch our flight, so beware of their shuttle system.
overall good for short stays but wudnt stay more than 2 nights, for the entire stay the hotel smelled like cigarette smoke...... breakfast was average but after two nights u get tired of eggs and bacon

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

If you book this hotel through the travel sites - be aware – information is misleading!

1) I was pretty sure “airport hotel” means something close to the airport. WRONG! You have to drive about 30 minutes to get to the hotel. Far away!!!

2) We booked this hotel through the travel site and were reassured that there is a free airport shuttle 24/7. WRONG AGAIN!!! The shuttle has very limited, inconvenient schedule. I waited for the shuttle for about 4 (FOUR!) hours and every time I called the hotel I heard – “the bus is on the way”. (Now I see many people complain about this problem)

Our room was huge, but not comfortable – very old furniture, old TV, filthy carpet, awful smell. Bed was bumpy and uncomfortable, sheets and towels were grey . “Enjoy a window view” – a construction site.
Breakfast – very inconvenient hours and rude personal – we were a bit late and they started cleaning our table while we were still eating!!!

Avoid by any cost!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Garopaba, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

The hotel is not a big resort, but it's very clean, well kept with very friendly staff. The breakfast is really good, there's hot coffee all the time.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!