“Won't be back” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Calgary, Canada
“Won't be back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Check in - some may enjoy the modern feel of this property but I didn't for business travel. It feels more like a wanna-be club when you walk in, and can be loud when you are trying to check in. Girls at front desk were friendly enough.

Food - Wanted room service to enjoy a late night quiet bite, but it's not available, although there are many snack choices available in the lobby area.

Room - the trendy look and materials are annoying and will be outdated within a couple of years. The sink right beside the door was sort of unnerving. But the very worst thing was the loud and inconsistent AC unit keeping me awake the entire first night. By night 2 I just cranked it too high with a low temp so it would at least stay a constant sound the entire night.

Lobby bar - was handy with good selection and a friendly staff

All in all, many other choices around so will try them out given this place did not check my boxes.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

continuing on the title, unfortunately i was there for business.
pros:
-contemporary, faux modern look/feel.

cons:
-non-business property in what feels like a business area
-front desk shares space with bar and night i checked in there was a live "band" which meant the front desk person and i were having to shout to get me checked in--not what i wanted to do after getting off a long flight
-they couldn't press my suit overnight because they had to send it out
-NO ROOM SERVICE so i had to go down to the bar (no restaurant) for overpriced and undersized bar food. don't even think there was a salad on the menu, but the bar manager was nice enough to "put one together" for me
-morning meal was no better--there is breakfast, but it felt confusing and woman at front desk was not helpful

Tip
-even though the airport is close, leave A LOT of time because traffic is terrible
-supposedly there's a sister property adjoining that i'm told is better. if i have to come to the area again, i would try that other property NEXT TO the aloft

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Would return
Room is cleverly done w a separator behind the headboard so that the bath area is not in bed area even tho room is open concept
You walk in door to the bath / closet area and proceed to the bedroom
Sounds funky but it works
Spotless
Comfortable
Desks at nice big windows
Nicely and simply decorated
Lobby funky w pool table , big screen tv , bar
It all works well
Well designed
Well decorated

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Catonsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited for a weekend getaway before a cruise. Staff was friendly and accommodating. The hotel was clean and updated. There was a nice bar and pool area. The pool was cool and relaxing. It was close to shopping and resturants. It is about 20 minutes away from south beach and you would need a car to get there. Overall it was wonderful.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really enjoyed my stay at Aloft Miami Doral. I used my preferred starwood points and got a free night before my cruise. It is close by the Dolphin Mall, so we did a bit of shopping before we stayed our cruise. The hotel is great, free coffee at the lobby, the staff is friendly, the DJ at night was fabulous. Beds are comfort as the usual Starwood brand's promise. The parking is free, so I could rent a car and drive around Miami. Check-in and Check-out are fast and easy. Nothing to complain.

Richmond Hill, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location is a little bit far from downtown Miami. The room is on the average level and the staff is good. I think it is a pretty new hotel but the managment is very poor and inefficient. I used the reward points to have a standard room but the hotel is still charing me through my credit card. When I called back to inquire this incident as I needed to pay the long distance fee, the staff hold me for 10 minutes and the issue was not solved. The staff told me I need to talk to the manager on the next day. I did not feel any applogize from the staff and did not offer to call me back. I called couple of times to the hotel, the last response from the hotel is they need to time to process my refund. They never call me back to show any appolgize for any inconvience I have experienced such as I need to pay the foreign exchange conversion rate of 2.5% per each transaction and the long distance telephone fee. This is my first time to stay two different hotels in the same brand and I feel really disappoint for their managment structure. It is totally not like what they advertised on the commericals. Another night I stayed at another same brand hotel, they were going to charge me the room rate when I check out. I am just wondering if the system has an issue to deal with the points redemption stay. Compared to the experience I had once with Best Western, Best Western charged my room twice, I called 1-800 numbers and in 10 minutes, I got my money refund through my credit card. I won't to choose to stay Aloft and Element brand anymore if they are not willing to improve this. I am expecting to hear their formal response from the managment on this incidient.

Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2015

A very clean, modern hotel. 15 minutes from the airport. Great staff. Nice pool, but no hot tub.
Cool, colors and funky neon lighting evoke the feel of retro Miami, in a very modernistic building.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Aloft Miami Doral? Share your experiences!