“Nice rooms pity about the service ” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Doral
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice rooms pity about the service ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is actually nice with fresh modern decor that I like. There is a 24 hour 'pantry' where you can grab drinks, fruit and snack and charge to the room with a lot of convenience. The room itself is bright and large with a Large flatscreen that has good enough selection of channels.
However, these are all dwarfed by the poor front desk service. The crew is young but not big on customer service. I get the feeling that they run the place like a dorm.
When I arranged for 'go green' for a couple of days I ended up not having any housekeeping at all. Had to call them everyday to ask for housekeeping, despite them saying that their system correctly had my 'go green' only select days. I don't know whether this is the fault of the housekeeping staff or the front desk. But as a guest it was really uncomfortable coming back to an unmade room when expecting otherwise.
Even worse was my experience with the airport transfer. Because I have an early morning departure, I made sure to arrange the airport transfer in advance. On the morning itself, it seems that the front desk on duty called for the airport transfer only when I enquired why my pickup is not already there! Guess I was lucky the driver was available and I managed to get transport in the end.
The biggest peeve, however, is the shower. The water pressure was really poor. It has one of those rain shower head which only provided a light drizzle at best.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ranson, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The design of this hotel is definitely geared towards the younger crowd. But in a good way. The rooms are large and quiet (it was obviously built well). They do offer a buffet breakfast (the hot food could have been warmer though), and the staff is very friendly. It is a happening place at night, especially on weekends, with lots of events and activity. Thankfully, valet parking is free for guests, since it is difficult to find parking at night.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Quito, Ecuador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

As you are in Miami the Hotel is Located in Doral. As facilities you have a cafeteria, pool and a cozy bar. You are some minutes away from Dolphin Mall, International Mall, Best But, Sams Club, etc. As this brand is focused for young travelers where the budget matters, don't expect the luxury from the other brands as Starwood carries. Aloft will deliver modern design, cozy spaces, good locations and the most important it will encourage you to socialize!!

Room Tip: Request rooms away from the elevator for a better quality of sleep.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Oviedo, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I needed a hotel relatively close to Florida International University. As I'm not "brand loyal" these days, the new A-Loft in Doral caught my eye. From all appearances, it looked just different enough and charming enough to investigate further. Having read the reviews already on this site, I had some reservations about making reservations, but, given the nearby options, I decided to book a 3-night stay. Plusses inlcude room layout and decor, bed comfort, roomy shower, and overall trendy vibe. The two biggest drawbacks (each one tempered my pleasure/feelings about the overall stay) are parking and simply horrible internet. Parking was always congested, hardly a space to be had, and drivers were like piranhas, circling around in search of "the spot." While I eventually found a parking spot each time I returned to the hotel, it was generally in the "lower 40," and the constant rain made suitcase/hanging clothing transport a boor. As for internet, I was nearly ready to cancel my final evening and seek out another hotel. In this day and age, even when one books in at a hotel for pleasure, internet access is nearly a must. When one is travellng on business, the need for good, fast, reliable connectivity is imperative. Logging on was an ordeal each time, and, when I called the front desk on two occasions, I was told, "We'll see to it." Sometimes it was nearly one hour before there was any resolution.

Other reviewers' comments about noise (construction next door or party in the lobby) were not problems for me; I was on the 6th floor, and so I found the accommodation quiet enough.

Will I stay at this particular hotel again? Maybe, maybe not....I know I will do more research before a return trip, and that disappoints me.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

The front desk agent and breakfast crew were top notch! I did not get the gentleman's name who checked me in on Tuesday evening & out on Wednesday morning but he was extremely busy yet never missed a beat! Courteous, friendly, helpful, efficient, and always smiling- great team member! Also, there was a breakfast gentleman who was equally as hard-working and friendly. My room was spotless and the bed was heavenly! My only complaint was that the music was a bit loud for my taste and the bar & valet staff a bit overwhelmed.
I would definitely stay again if I'm in the area and I do feel it was a great representative of the aloft brand :)

• Stayed November 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014 via mobile

At first from the reviews it seemed as a good choice but since day one the customer services was horrible!! We travel a lot as a family and we like most of the Starwood hotels and resort we've had good experiences with them and their reward program is awesome. So when we saw this hotel we figured it would be good NOT ALL!!! The front desk is run by a whole bunch of little kids that are rude! They all have attitudes and speak to you with demand. No one greets you when you walk in and out of a hotel again we've stayed in many hotels and that is just hotel 101 when it come to your guests. On top of all that they are having construction right next door the room they have us was facing the construction and the noise was horrible in the morning, when I went downstairs to speak to a manager to see if they can change our room I had to wait 30 minutes for a manager to come out and did not even apologies for the wait! We were then moved to another room that was decent but had a different problem as on Fridays and Saturdays they have a band playing in their lobby until late night hours that can be heard all the way to the 6th floor!!! When calling the lobby to ask when it would finish they would just tell us soon and then hang up again rude and unapologetic. Out of all our stays this has been the worst experience I've ever had with a hotel! They are not worth it there are hotels in the area that are nicer and the same price and with much better customer service than this piece of crap!!! STAY AWAY! It really seems as if their entire staff in that hotel did not get a training on how to treat their guest.

• Stayed October 2014
Renton, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

My wife and I are fans of the Aloft brand, and we found the Aloft Doral meets what we expect when we visit Aloft properties. The bed and room were perfect. However we were pleasantly surprised by the breakfast. Aloft Doral has one of the best breakfast buffets I've had at the their price point.

The one knock on the property is the location. Otherwise this is a great hotel

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Aloft Miami Doral? Share your experiences!