“Bar was great” 5 of 5 stars

Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Doral
“Bar was great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Bartenders are very knowledgable and are great about CS. I would return here and recommend other to do same. Cristy was amazing. Mixed a variety of drinks and my party was very happy. A+++ I highly recommend a loft. Great hotel, great bar! All the bartenders were amazing. I am highly impressed. Aloft 100!!!

• Stayed June 2014
aloftmiami, Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hello Cesar R,

Wow, thank you for your wonderful review. We loved reading your feedback regarding our staff! I will make sure to pass along your great comments to Cristy and the team. We are all happy to know that you and your party had a great time. We are hosting many more celebrations this
month, we would love to have you back for another visit!

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The price was a good deal, rooms are very simple but comfortable. The hotel was very busy during our stay so parking was a problem, we parked on a recently cleared lot and ended up with an ant infestation in our rental car. The pool is nice but there is construction next to it so not a pretty sight. Overall a good stay for the low price.

Stayed June 2014
Hello aracne63,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We will have to agree on the great deals we were offering this past week and our comfortable rooms! Our hotel was very busy this past week with mixture of different events, celebrations and the world cup, which we are offering additional parking for as well as valet services. The construction you saw is for the new Element Miami Doral hotel, opening soon. Thanks again for your review, we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

St. John's, Antigua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Good location. Hotel in completely "non smoking". Well.............not quite. People are "allowed" to smoke at the outside breakfast tables. The staff see them and nothing is done about it. This needs to be addressed.

Apart from that most other aspects are fine.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
aloftmiami, Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Hello Adolphus J,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. Please know we follow a very strict smoke free policy and there’s a $500 (USD) fine per night for anyone smoking inside the hotel. The hotel reserves the right to require a guest to leave if found smoking indoors. Smoking is only permitted in our designated outdoor locations.

It would be great to welcome you back soon!

Sales Manager,
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I had a canceled reservation for which the hotel failed to refund the pre- charge to my credit card. Very annoying. Have called twice already. First time a lady told me that the refund will go back to me in 3-4 days. Well, 3-4 weeks later, still nothing. I called the hotel again and this time was told to call them back since apparently no one there knew what was going on. Extremely disappointed at the lack of customer service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
aloftmiami, Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Hello Cxs513,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We understand that this might have been an inconvenience for you. At Aloft Miami Doral we take pride in our service and a credible approach when it comes to handling all financial transactions.

Please contact me directly at 786-331-1889 or via e-mail at valentina.serna@aloftmiamidoral.com and I will be more than happy to assist you with getting this issue resolved immediately.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I am a SPG Platinum and Lifetime Gold Member (closing in on lifetime Platinum). While most Aloft hotels are pretty much the same as far as the rooms, lobby and general offerings go there is a HUGE difference on how generous they are when extending SPG Platinum perks to guests.
To make matters worse, it doesn't seem to be a general policy issue alone but more like how much the person who checks you in is in the mood of giving you for example a free full buffet voucher or just telling you your platinum perk only means a coffee and a muffin for breakfast.

Consider the Element (also a Starwood hotel) near the airport as an alternative - FULL breakfast and evening snacks including beer and wine.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main street are not a good choice. You will hear the traffic. A room facing the poo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I recently had a baby and before our bundle of joy arrived my husband and I decided to go on a baby moon. We decided to go to the Miami area to get some warm weather and relax. Don't get me wrong the hotel is really nice and clean. But upon arrival on a Friday night we walk into a club scene!! The lobby had music blasting so loud that when trying to check in we had to lean over the counter n scream ( yes! Scream) at the lady to get our room. We had been traveling for the last couple of hrs so we thought we could go to our hotel get some sleep then wake up the next morning refreshed! We were sadly mistaken, the club music played till 1 am which I could hear it from my room on the 3 floor!!! We thought maybe something was being celebrated for the hotel so we let it go. Well the next night we came back to our hotel after a long day of sight seeing and exploring Miami we came back to another packed parking lot which we couldn't find parking and a loud club like lobby again!!!!!!! To top it off half of these people were not guests to the hotel! How do I know this? Well at 1 am as the party and music were stoping motorcycles and muscle cars were starting up and leaving. Some lingered around while still running showing off how "cool" they were.
Over all nice place, clean rooms, and comfy beds but totally a disrespectful business!!! Why would you subject the rest of your guests so you can party? This is a hotel not a club!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014
Hello Goldieloc7788,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are truly sorry you were not satisfied during your recent stay with us. The Aloft brand is a new hotel concept which prides itself on its all abuzz, non-traditional design, that includes the w xyz bar and lobby lounge, which can be very energetic at times. Your comments will be reviewed by our team. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future!

Best Regards,
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I was pretty disappointed in this hotel. I travel regularly for business and I have the opportunities to stay in many different types of hotels, and I can honestly say that this, my first experience in an Aloft, was one that makes me never want to go to another Aloft hotel.

It started with a requirement for a completely excessive deposit that no one told me I would need to have... when using a credit card, that is not something I typically experience. No one was able to explain to me a) what the amount of the deposit was and b) why it was needed (other than some lame explanation about 'incidentals').
From my room having no washcloths at all, to the ironing board being impossible to find, to the cheap and basic materials for decor, I found so many things to be annoying and cheap about this hotel. The room felt like a cement cube with carpeting all over the walls and floor and a bed in it.

The staff is casually dressed, which is fine for the vibe, but they still work at a hotel and they still need to act professionally! At breakfast time, I watched nearly 8 workers stand around and hang out in the lobby, one of which actually impeded my ability to get my bill and check out.
I watched the breakfast server lady take someone's plate before they were done eating, and the customer got very upset. She also brought my breakfast to me all the way across the lobby with no silverware. I also witnessed business travelers complaining about how their bills were itemized, with no solution from the desk staff. I was so unimpressed, and "disappointed" was the only word I could think of when I left.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
aloftmiami, Sales Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor & for the 4 star review on sleep quality.

We regret to learn of the challenges you experienced following your recent visit.

At The Aloft Miami Doral we continuously strive to offer exceptional levels of service. Aloft Hotels are a "W inspired Vision" by Starwood.

We would welcome an opportunity to discuss these issues further with you and can be contacted at salesmanager@aloftmiamidoral.com

Kind Regards,

Sales Manager

Been to Aloft Miami Doral? Share your experiences!