“Still waiting for a refund 2 month later!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Doral
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Still waiting for a refund 2 month later!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I had a canceled reservation for which the hotel failed to refund the pre- charge to my credit card. Very annoying. Have called twice already. First time a lady told me that the refund will go back to me in 3-4 days. Well, 3-4 weeks later, still nothing. I called the hotel again and this time was told to call them back since apparently no one there knew what was going on. Extremely disappointed at the lack of customer service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
aloftmiami, Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Hello Cxs513,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We understand that this might have been an inconvenience for you. At Aloft Miami Doral we take pride in our service and a credible approach when it comes to handling all financial transactions.

Please contact me directly at 786-331-1889 or via e-mail at valentina.serna@aloftmiamidoral.com and I will be more than happy to assist you with getting this issue resolved immediately.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I am a SPG Platinum and Lifetime Gold Member (closing in on lifetime Platinum). While most Aloft hotels are pretty much the same as far as the rooms, lobby and general offerings go there is a HUGE difference on how generous they are when extending SPG Platinum perks to guests.
To make matters worse, it doesn't seem to be a general policy issue alone but more like how much the person who checks you in is in the mood of giving you for example a free full buffet voucher or just telling you your platinum perk only means a coffee and a muffin for breakfast.

Consider the Element (also a Starwood hotel) near the airport as an alternative - FULL breakfast and evening snacks including beer and wine.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main street are not a good choice. You will hear the traffic. A room facing the poo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I recently had a baby and before our bundle of joy arrived my husband and I decided to go on a baby moon. We decided to go to the Miami area to get some warm weather and relax. Don't get me wrong the hotel is really nice and clean. But upon arrival on a Friday night we walk into a club scene!! The lobby had music blasting so loud that when trying to check in we had to lean over the counter n scream ( yes! Scream) at the lady to get our room. We had been traveling for the last couple of hrs so we thought we could go to our hotel get some sleep then wake up the next morning refreshed! We were sadly mistaken, the club music played till 1 am which I could hear it from my room on the 3 floor!!! We thought maybe something was being celebrated for the hotel so we let it go. Well the next night we came back to our hotel after a long day of sight seeing and exploring Miami we came back to another packed parking lot which we couldn't find parking and a loud club like lobby again!!!!!!! To top it off half of these people were not guests to the hotel! How do I know this? Well at 1 am as the party and music were stoping motorcycles and muscle cars were starting up and leaving. Some lingered around while still running showing off how "cool" they were.
Over all nice place, clean rooms, and comfy beds but totally a disrespectful business!!! Why would you subject the rest of your guests so you can party? This is a hotel not a club!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014
Hello Goldieloc7788,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are truly sorry you were not satisfied during your recent stay with us. The Aloft brand is a new hotel concept which prides itself on its all abuzz, non-traditional design, that includes the w xyz bar and lobby lounge, which can be very energetic at times. Your comments will be reviewed by our team. We hope to have another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future!

Best Regards,
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I was pretty disappointed in this hotel. I travel regularly for business and I have the opportunities to stay in many different types of hotels, and I can honestly say that this, my first experience in an Aloft, was one that makes me never want to go to another Aloft hotel.

It started with a requirement for a completely excessive deposit that no one told me I would need to have... when using a credit card, that is not something I typically experience. No one was able to explain to me a) what the amount of the deposit was and b) why it was needed (other than some lame explanation about 'incidentals').
From my room having no washcloths at all, to the ironing board being impossible to find, to the cheap and basic materials for decor, I found so many things to be annoying and cheap about this hotel. The room felt like a cement cube with carpeting all over the walls and floor and a bed in it.

The staff is casually dressed, which is fine for the vibe, but they still work at a hotel and they still need to act professionally! At breakfast time, I watched nearly 8 workers stand around and hang out in the lobby, one of which actually impeded my ability to get my bill and check out.
I watched the breakfast server lady take someone's plate before they were done eating, and the customer got very upset. She also brought my breakfast to me all the way across the lobby with no silverware. I also witnessed business travelers complaining about how their bills were itemized, with no solution from the desk staff. I was so unimpressed, and "disappointed" was the only word I could think of when I left.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
aloftmiami, Sales Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor & for the 4 star review on sleep quality.

We regret to learn of the challenges you experienced following your recent visit.

At The Aloft Miami Doral we continuously strive to offer exceptional levels of service. Aloft Hotels are a "W inspired Vision" by Starwood.

We would welcome an opportunity to discuss these issues further with you and can be contacted at salesmanager@aloftmiamidoral.com

Kind Regards,

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband, 2 yr old and myself were stuck in Miami d/t flight delays and missed connections recently. I somehow got connected to the Aloft hotel as I was told they were one of the few hotels left with vacancy this night in particular. It was approximately midnight when we booked the room and then showed up minutes later. The hotel itself was a wonderful surprise after a frustrating evening with the airlines. The room we had was a king suite. It was more like a one bedroom apartment! Extremely spacious. Everything very clean, modern looking. There was no delay upon check in or check out. And when I called for a crib for my daughter they brought one with in 5-10 minutes. The breakfast offered was great for the price. Kids ate free. We did look around a bit and noticed a marvelous pool! Only 2 things could have made this stay better. It's location has busy roads and large office buildings around it and no where to really walk to for a coffee for example and secondly they didn't have a shuttle service to/from the airport. They are 6 miles from the airport and it costs approximately 35$ each way to get between them.

Stayed March 2014
On behalf of the entire team at The Aloft Miami Doral, thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit to our hotel on TripAdvisor!.

We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we provided you with exceptional service during your recent visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future!
Warm Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I came down to visit family and could not be happier with our stay at Aloft! This was our first time at Aloft and everything was just perfect. The rooms are modern, spacious and very clean. The staff is wonderful and the front desk staff Anthony and Maria are very attentive and so very nice! We look forward to our next trip!!!

Stayed March 2014
aloftmiami, Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Hello Iris M,

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to share your great experience with the trip advisor community! It is always a pleasure to see guests enjoy our sassy and modern hotel. We're truly delighted you received the service that we strive for. I'll make sure to pass on your compliments to Anthony and Maria.
Thank you for staying with us, we can’t wait to welcome you back!

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was extremely disappointed with this hotel… It is very noisy with loud music in the lobby that go on late into the night, lobby music is loud into the rooms, parking lot is full/no where to park, construction across from the hotel (looks like an extension of Aloft) is also loud!

Here's my experience after a week long business trip to Miami staying at this hotel. After a long day stuck in Miami traffic and tired after a long day at work, you find yourself with no where to park as you pull into the hotel. Lobby is full of people with loud music. You finally arrive into your room and music is still loud well into Midnight… FInally fall asleep late into the night and woken by construction noise at 7am.

I would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: No upgrade or chaining room offered… I am SPG Starwood Platinum and they would not swap my room to h...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your sincere review on Tripadvisor.

At Aloft Miami Doral we continuously strive to offer exceptional levels of service. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and are deeply sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations, all of which attributed to your negative feedback.

We welcome an opportunity to discuss these issues further with you and can be contacted at valentina.serna@aloftmiamidoral.com

Kind Regards,

Sales Manager

Been to Aloft Miami Doral? Share your experiences!