“Very Impressed” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Doral
“Very Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I came down to visit family and could not be happier with our stay at Aloft! This was our first time at Aloft and everything was just perfect. The rooms are modern, spacious and very clean. The staff is wonderful and the front desk staff Anthony and Maria are very attentive and so very nice! We look forward to our next trip!!!

Stayed March 2014
aloftmiami, Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Hello Iris M,

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to share your great experience with the trip advisor community! It is always a pleasure to see guests enjoy our sassy and modern hotel. We're truly delighted you received the service that we strive for. I'll make sure to pass on your compliments to Anthony and Maria.
Thank you for staying with us, we can’t wait to welcome you back!

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was extremely disappointed with this hotel… It is very noisy with loud music in the lobby that go on late into the night, lobby music is loud into the rooms, parking lot is full/no where to park, construction across from the hotel (looks like an extension of Aloft) is also loud!

Here's my experience after a week long business trip to Miami staying at this hotel. After a long day stuck in Miami traffic and tired after a long day at work, you find yourself with no where to park as you pull into the hotel. Lobby is full of people with loud music. You finally arrive into your room and music is still loud well into Midnight… FInally fall asleep late into the night and woken by construction noise at 7am.

I would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: No upgrade or chaining room offered… I am SPG Starwood Platinum and they would not swap my room to h...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
aloftmiami, Sales Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your sincere review on Tripadvisor.

We regret to learn of the challenges you experienced following your recent visit.

At Aloft Miami Doral we continuously strive to offer exceptional levels of service. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and are deeply sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations, all of which attributed to your negative feedback.

We welcome an opportunity to discuss these issues further with you and can be contacted at valentina.serna@aloftmiamidoral.com

Kind Regards,

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stepping into the lobby on a weekend evening certainly does feel more like you have entered a W in a more urban location than a smaller hotel that is literally on the edge of Miami. The location is not the most convenient (even from the airport its a bit of a trek) but it is a stylish comfortable place to stay at a reasonable price. The staff at the front desk was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Douglas, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Checked in near midnight after cancelled flight north...Front desk very efficient. Room very nice, modern with all the hookups you could need. Even though my room faced a busy highway the room was quiet. Many choices with breakfast buffet. Francine (front desk) went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of for our delayed flight late that night. She was also helpful in investigating activites to enjoy in the surrounding area before we had to leave for night flight.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
aloftmiami, Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Hello Jeanette,

We are so glad you took the time to review Aloft Miami Doral. It sounds like you experienced the great service we strive for. We are so glad that we could meet your needs! I will make sure to pass on the comments to Francine. We hope you will be back in Miami again soon so that we may host you again. We always love to see a familiar face!

Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I had an extra day before a 3-day conference in Fort Lauderdale, so I stayed the night here before heading out on the Tamiami Trail to the northern Everglades NP. The decor is very hip and modern, without sacrificing on function. The room was very quiet. No earplugs needed (no outside/airport noise, nor any noise from the hallways or rooms). The buffet breakfast was similar in quality/function to those of Hampton Inns or Holiday Inn Expresses, although it's not generally included, unlike at Hampton Inns or HIX's. The parking is free and not particularly difficult. The bar is open until midnight. The bathroom is door-less, but that didn't bother me. The internet worked swiftly. I'm not sure why this hotel is where it is, since there doesn't seem to be anything nearby. It is convenient to the Tamiami Trail and the Florida Turnpike, so I guess it would appeal to someone, like me, who comes in on an evening flight and is heading somewhere else the next day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hello lebelgo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. We know that prospective guests appreciate it as much as we do. We are always appreciative of our guest feedback and look for ways to continuously improve. Thank you again, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the near future.

Salesmanager@aloftmiamidoral.com
Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife and I spent a week at the ALOFT in Doral, around Christmas. Overall, we were very pleased. Free Internet, very nice rooms, an excellent breakfast (guests from other hotels choose to have breakfast there!) and a very relaxed ambiance. At 64, I'd love to be called a pretty cool guy, but I guess I went over the age limit... nonetheless I felt very much at ease. The service is not excessively formal, but always friendly. Don't expect to get the level of service you'd get at a W, but you need to consider the difference in price. To be totally frank, some have complained of a less-than satisfying front desk experience - during the night - and I must have stumbled upon the same individual: I was not happy and requested to talk to the manager. I was told he was traveling outside the country, but they gave me his card, so I sent him an email. For the record, his name is Claudio Bono. Within a few hours, he sent a heartfelt message and took corrective action immediately. My advice, which applies to issues with any hotel in the world, would be to contact the manager first and write comments only after he has a chance to react. Claudio's instant and effective reaction convinced us that he puts a high value on customer service. We'll be back in a month for another four day stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

After seeing the rooms in the hotels website and knowing the chain, we decided to stay there: very nice rooms and for my shopping needs, it suited me just fine. After a day of traveling by plane, and then running errands until very late at night, I arrived for a late check in and got greeted by the rudest front desk manager ever. Not only was she rude, but patronizing as well and told me that I had to wait for half an hour to get my room. And to my disbelief when I asked for the reason I had to wait, she scoffed and told me that this was standard practice for hotels throughout the world. I have travelled before, have arrived even later than what I did here in this hotel and not once had I encountered this anywhere else, much less have I gone through such an unpleasant experience with somebody who should be polite, customer oriented and have a minimum degree of empathy. I even asked her to please not continue being rude, since not once had I been rude to her even after the way she treated me and to consider that I was I was a tired guest arriving late at night. And even after all that, she kept being rude, shaking her head and had the nerve to put her finger on my face. I am still very tired, but I needed to post this review because that's how indignant and dissapointed I feel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
aloftmiami, Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us here at the Aloft, as it helps us improve our service for future guest. Please accept my sincere apologies for your negative experience at our hotel. The delivery of outstanding customer service is extremely important to us, and I am disappointed that we failed to meet your expectations. Rest assured that we have communicated to all of our departments the areas of opportunities we have. Again, I truly apologize that your experience with us was not to your full satisfaction and that you were not able to get the rest you needed during your stay with us. We would love the opportunity to make it up to you and your family. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience, so that we may guarantee that you have a pleasant experience in the future!

Valentina.Serna@aloftmiamidoral.com

Been to Aloft Miami Doral? Share your experiences!