“A most pleasant stay, but...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Doral
Panama City, Panama
“A most pleasant stay, but...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife and I spent a week at the ALOFT in Doral, around Christmas. Overall, we were very pleased. Free Internet, very nice rooms, an excellent breakfast (guests from other hotels choose to have breakfast there!) and a very relaxed ambiance. At 64, I'd love to be called a pretty cool guy, but I guess I went over the age limit... nonetheless I felt very much at ease. The service is not excessively formal, but always friendly. Don't expect to get the level of service you'd get at a W, but you need to consider the difference in price. To be totally frank, some have complained of a less-than satisfying front desk experience - during the night - and I must have stumbled upon the same individual: I was not happy and requested to talk to the manager. I was told he was traveling outside the country, but they gave me his card, so I sent him an email. For the record, his name is Claudio Bono. Within a few hours, he sent a heartfelt message and took corrective action immediately. My advice, which applies to issues with any hotel in the world, would be to contact the manager first and write comments only after he has a chance to react. Claudio's instant and effective reaction convinced us that he puts a high value on customer service. We'll be back in a month for another four day stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

After seeing the rooms in the hotels website and knowing the chain, we decided to stay there: very nice rooms and for my shopping needs, it suited me just fine. After a day of traveling by plane, and then running errands until very late at night, I arrived for a late check in and got greeted by the rudest front desk manager ever. Not only was she rude, but patronizing as well and told me that I had to wait for half an hour to get my room. And to my disbelief when I asked for the reason I had to wait, she scoffed and told me that this was standard practice for hotels throughout the world. I have travelled before, have arrived even later than what I did here in this hotel and not once had I encountered this anywhere else, much less have I gone through such an unpleasant experience with somebody who should be polite, customer oriented and have a minimum degree of empathy. I even asked her to please not continue being rude, since not once had I been rude to her even after the way she treated me and to consider that I was I was a tired guest arriving late at night. And even after all that, she kept being rude, shaking her head and had the nerve to put her finger on my face. I am still very tired, but I needed to post this review because that's how indignant and dissapointed I feel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
aloftmiami, Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us here at the Aloft, as it helps us improve our service for future guest. Please accept my sincere apologies for your negative experience at our hotel. The delivery of outstanding customer service is extremely important to us, and I am disappointed that we failed to meet your expectations. Rest assured that we have communicated to all of our departments the areas of opportunities we have. Again, I truly apologize that your experience with us was not to your full satisfaction and that you were not able to get the rest you needed during your stay with us. We would love the opportunity to make it up to you and your family. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience, so that we may guarantee that you have a pleasant experience in the future!

Valentina.Serna@aloftmiamidoral.com
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We just stayed here one night, in between flights from Europe to BVI. We arrived late and checked out early. The hotel is lovely, clean, modern, very nice staff. There was a party going on in the lounge. If I hadn't been exhausted (by that time we had been awake for over 20 hours), I'd have participated. Yes, I could hear the music in our room, but I have really good hearing and it wasn't loud enough to be disturbing. Staff was very helpful, took care of cabs, early checkout etc. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
aloftmiami, at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
On behalf of the entire team at The Aloft Miami Doral, thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit to our hotel on TripAdvisor!.

We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we provided you with exceptional service during your recent visit. We will note and correct any areas accordingly.

Best regards,

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We will always remember our stay here for the wonderful service we received from the registration desk. For whatever reason they upgraded us to a giant suite for no extra charge. It was almost as large as a house! The lounge and pool were also fantastic.
There are several great restaurants within a one or two minute drive, plus shopping malls. It is only a few minutes from the freeway, and perhaps 15 minutes to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
aloftmiami, Sales Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
We are so grateful for your feedback & for taking the time to share your experience!
We truly enjoy reading your 5 star reviews and we hope to see you soon at the Aloft Miami Doral!

Warm Regards,

Aloft Miami Doral
Barcelona, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We just had to change the room, we found the Beds were USED with dirty sheets, hair and rests of food, disgusting! If you are planning to relax and enjoy your holidays do NOT come to the Aloft, we abrir de today (29/12/2013) and unfortunatelly have to stay for 7 nights, there is no availability on any other hotel nerby.

Room Tip: Go to other Hotel!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
aloftmiami, Sales Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for your sincere review on Tripadvisor.

We regret to learn of the challenges you experienced following your recent visit.

At Aloft Miami Doral we continuously strive to offer exceptional levels of service. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and are deeply sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations, all of which attributed to your negative feedback.

We welcome an opportunity to discuss these issues further with you and can be contacted at valentina.serna@aloftmiamidoral.com

Kind Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This place is great. If internet access is important there is 10mbps complimentary in rooms and 25mbps available at $9.99 a night. The lobby is one of the highlights. The bar is always happening almost humorous as it seems like a nightclub/lunge on weekends. They had a 70 inch screen IFC viewing party in lobby. But Staff needs to stop having their kids sleep in the chairs while they drink at bar. Sad that pool closes at sunset.

If you are under 45 or young at heart this is the place. If you want just to relax and be lazy all day then try elsewhere. This hotel is for active people.

The gym is great, THE best I've seen in this price level of hotel.

The rooms are nice, clean, web apps on TV. U can hear when others close doors but if you are not a picky person you won't let it bother you. The bathroom doors are slide style but badly designed. Beds are very comfortable, staff are great. Mostly young staff but capable.

Location of the hotel is great. Close to shopping malls, supermarkets and shopping centers.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Best regards,

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip, and I have to said was a great experience, hotel is to be at home, personnel is super friendly and nice, the Hotel is very trendy, design is great, and there are party every time at the lobby area, with a Dj, rooms are nice and I definitely will go back again to this property, price was right and I have to remark again personnel and the whole concept make u feel at home!

Room Tip: The view to the pool is very nice
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
AloftDoral, General Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, December 27, 2013

Warm Regards,

Claudio Bono
Aloft Miami Doral, a W inspired Hotel by Starwood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doral
Restaurant, Poo...
Sofitel Miami
Sofitel Miami
#33 of 130 in Miami
4.0 of 5 stars 2,245 reviews

Been to Aloft Miami Doral? Share your experiences!