“Nice hotel, very nice stay and dog friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Doral
Winter Garden, FL
“Nice hotel, very nice stay and dog friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We only stayed one night at the Aloft Miami Doral, but it was a very nice stay. We stayed here as a stopover point on our way down to the Keys. The hotel is pretty easy to get to and relatively close to the Miami airport. There are also a couple of malls nearby. We did not visit those malls, but it was nice to know there were other things around to do if we chose. The hotel itself has a very cool W-esque feel to it, though it is intended to be more basic in terms of amenities and lower priced. The lobby and the rooms look really modern and are very clean. The staff was very friendly and offered us carts to take our luggage up to the room. We also really appreciated the hotel and the staff because we brought our dog with us. There are lots of nice grassy areas outside where I could walk my dog. Overall I would recommend this hotel to others staying in the area or as a stopover down to the Keys!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AloftDoral, General Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, and we are so pleased that you had a wonderful visit at The Aloft Miami Doral.

Thank you for the 5 star ratings across the board!!!

We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future!

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Three free magazines greet you in the gleaming, glassy bathroom. The whole building reminded me of a kid's dream building in The Sims. The only downside was the air-conditioning unit, that another reviewer mentioned. We didn't ask for assistance but it would have been helpful to figure out how to make the unit less intermittently noisy in the middle of the night.

Also nice: Free parking, free wifi, free coffee, nice TV and efficient use of space.

Lobby area was loud with music, but understandable as it emerges as a bar/lounge at night. No combs at concierge, so yeah.

Room Tip: Ask/learn ahead of time how to adjust A/C unit so that it doesn't turn off and on again at night...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
On behalf of the entire team at The Aloft Miami Doral, thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit to our hotel on Trip Advisor and for the 5 Star review for cleanliness!

You will be pleased to know that we listen to our guests! We are changing our A/C control for easy use!

We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I travel weekly to the Miami area and decided to stay at Aloft to start building hotel points with another brand. I have obtain Diamond status for this year and next with another brand, so Aloft interested me because of being a Sheraton property and part of W hotels. The hotel only opened in March and is modern and very nice. This is NOT your typical hotel, with it's polished concrete floors in the lobby, small reception desk, art deco finishes, pool table and sitting area in the lobby and even an elevator floor with a gel floor. Great bar and pool as well.
The rooms are great, although understand the modern aspect of NOT having a typical closet with a door or drawers, but shelving with amenities and a drape to cover your clothes that hang.
Huge showers, modern sink, free bottled water daily, free newspapers and free parking and free internet.
I would give this hotel 5 stars if their breakfast selection, which is grab and go, was larger. But as I was leaving, they were installing new coolers and looking as if a larger selection of products would be available throughout the day. The coffee is free, breakfast isn't unless you book it while booking your room.
Excellent location near shopping mall, eateries, etc.
I liked it well enough I am booked for three additional days. I would recommend the hotel highly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
AloftDoral, General Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
We thank you for your review and we are happy to see a Senior Contributor at Tripadvisor giving us a 5 Star service across the board! We take this opportunity to ongratulate you on your Diamond level! SPG program is free and provides you with so many perks!

We look forward to welcome you again at the Aloft Miami Doral!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

The Aloft Miami Doral looks great as you approach it, specially at night. Definitely a modern fun design with many colors and neon lights. The location is perfect for Miami, very close to the Turnpike, 836 & 826 expressways. Close to the International and Dolphin Malls is a plus. Plenty of restaurants in the area of 107 av or 87 av. When you arrive at the front door you will notice the large car port. There is no valet service, you self park free of charge. There is no bell desk, you have to go inside and get a luggage Cart for your bags. The front desk is circular and free standing as you walk in to the left. The front desk agents are casual and very polite and helpful, they make you feel welcome. The lobby is a great open space with lots of modern furniture, sofas, tables and even a cool pool table. The W XYZ bar looks great, and on Thursday nights they have a DJ playing music hits. The small food section is 24 hours but only snacks and drinks, no restaurant and no room service, but you can go to the lobby and order breakfast from the small selection board and they will bring it to your table in the lobby. The rooms are great, spacious and clean. The only issue I found with the room was that the closet is very small, for one person maybe two, and there are no drawers to store clothes. The bathroom is nice and the shower is huge. The pool looks great and lit at night. The gym is nice and clean also. The property is smoke free and I loved that the wireless Internet is free and works everywhere. I enjoyed the hotel and the staff was great, even the manager stopped by to introduce himself and say hello. It is a brand new hotel, only three weeks old, I hope they stay friendly and clean as time goes by and I will be back.

• Stayed April 2013
AloftDoral, General Manager at Aloft Miami Doral, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your time, and for recognizing our mission to provide the best service and pampering experience to each of our guests. We are very pleased to learn that our team provided you with exceptional service during your recent visit to The Aloft Miami Doral.

We hope to see you soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Traveling to Miami on business for a couple days - this place had the most reasonable prices for the area (it's about a 20-40 minute drive downtown, depending on traffic and if you're going all the way to South Beach) and looked pretty nice. Easy to find, plenty of parking.

I walked in and instantly felt like I was in a swanky restaurant - I don't know if that's a good thing, but it's definitely different. No traditional hotel vibe here. Very modern - the front desk is small and round, and instead of a concierge they have two ipads set up (also connected to printers for those who need them - a nice touch). Check-in process was easy and fast, and everyone was very friendly, and I headed up to my room on the fourth floor.

The rooms are nice! Again, pretty modern and sparse, but they have everything you really need. 1 person in a king size bed with a gigantic wall-mounted TV? Yes please! The bed was sooooooo comfortable. Notes about the room:

-It could use a little more counter space and/or some hooks on the wall (there was a huge wall next to the bed that was totally underutilized). The room had a small desk, a fabric bench (a nice touch), and a counter on the other end, under which was the A/C unit. There was a closet and I suppose some shelves around the corner in the bath area, but it's not terribly convenient to use. Overall it was fine, just something I noticed.

-Speaking of the A/C unit, you can't do anything with it. All the buttons are there, but none of them work, including the power. This was pretty annoying, as it was somewhat warm during the day, and as far as I could tell it pretty much shut itself off at night, meaning a very sweaty morning for those who like to sleep with covers. I suppose I could have said something to someone at the front desk about it and I bet they would have helped me, but it's pretty annoying to have to do that in the first place.

-The bath area is nice, but small. I had a worrisome moment when I first turned on the shower and I couldn't figure out which side of the handle was hot vs. cold, especially because both sides produced relatively cold water for a good 5 minutes. Luckily that was the only issue of that kind during my stay, but it would be nice if the handle indicated it. Also, ladies with long hair, the water pressure is pretty bad, so be prepared to add a good 5 minutes to your typical shower time. They provide liquid body soap and a dual shampoo/conditioner, as well as a small bar soap by the sink and a little body lotion. One annoying element, the shower door is very heavy and multiple times it slammed shut scaring the s**t out of me. I'm used to those style of doors swinging in and out, so I never really got used to it. Probably not something they're going to change, but something to note.

-The TV is really nice and has tons of channels as well as a guide menu. It also has a nice concierge menu that tells you about the hotel. I think someone on tripadvisor mentioned being frustrated that there was no book with information in the room, but this essentially takes it's place.

Other hotel elements:

-The free wi-fi is nice, but it would be nicer if it planted a cookie on your computer so everytime you closed it and opened it more than 5 minutes later you didn't have to log into the internet again.

-The gym is awesome. Would be awesomer if they had bottled water in there as they do in the rooms, but it's a small complaint. I used it all three days I stayed and it was a major perk.

-The pool area is equally awesome. Plentiful sun from about 9:30am-5:30pm (assuming it's not cloudy), and tons of seating/laying options. I particularly love the two gigantic cabanas which provided much needed shade at times. It's very peaceful, beautiful, and the water is the perfect temperature. I suppose some might not love that it's right next to a closed off construction site, but I think the hotel is building a shopping area there (maybe?) so hopefully it won't be like that for long.

-I really didn't love the very loud piped in music at the pool area. What if I don't want to listen to pop music? At the very least, they could turn it down. At best, they could play instrumental music to make it more neutral.

-I came back on Thursday night around 11:30pm and the lobby had essentially turned into a night club. LOUD club music with lots of people having fun (or so it seemed). A little awkward for a hotel lobby, but probably a great feature for those who want it (and pretty much in keeping with the Miami night-life style).

-They have a snack/food area that's open 24/7. I can't say the small bug flying around in the pastry case stopped me from grabbing an empanada when I was starving, and it's a nice perk. The only downside is I could never figure out how to properly pay for the food. I saw some people come up and get food/a drink and just walk away, but I felt like that was probably akin to stealing so I couldn't bring myself to do it. Instead, all 3 times I took something, I stood by the hotel desk for 3-5 minutes waiting for the person who was always on the phone to notice me, and I told her my room # which she jotted down. Maybe they could figure out a better system? It was awkward.

Overall for the rate I got ($143/night) I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent Feedback and the 5 Star review on Cleanliness, Value & Service!
We hope to see you soon on your next visit at the Aloft Miami Doral!

Boyds, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Eclectic environment for the 20 something crowd. TV did not work. Literally had no batteries in the cordless phone. Front desk offered for me to wait 90 minutes at 10pm for next shift in order to get so much as ONE channel after waiting over an hour. Had to call front desk with my own cell as the room phone had no batteries.

Loft for youth hostel is the environmental. They may be part of The W and Starwood chain but this is a property similar to a college dorm.

Room Tip: Dorm like atmosphere. TV did not work. No restaurant. In middle of no where. Room phone had zero bat...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Following your recent visit here at The Aloft Miami Doral, I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

We regret to learn of the challenges you encountered during your stay, even though we continuously strive to offer exceptional levels of service.

We would welcome an opportunity to discuss any aspects of your stay further with you and can be contacted at Claudio.bono@aloftmiamidoral.com .

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Loved the look and feel. Very trendy hotel and definitely recommend it. I don't recall any other hotel in the Doral area that has style like this one does. That is, of course, if vibes are a big thing for you (obviously they are for me). If you aren't, I should mention that this hotel is perfectly located anyway; If you're looking to travel around the city of Miami, Doral is the best place to stay. Nothing is too far from it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
We are so grateful for your feedback, and we thank you for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor.

We hope to see you again soon at the Aloft Miami Doral!

Kind Regards,

Claudio Bono

Been to Aloft Miami Doral? Share your experiences!